Jack Monroe #91 POOR (ISH)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg that recipe review made a VIP member. The Tattle Gods have truly aligned!

Reactions: 89
I did wonder about the coconut milk in the soup. I actually have a 1/3 of a can leftover so was probably going to make a Thai carrot soup. Mushroom though, nope...

Reactions: 17
I know it’s been said before. But that poor cat needs his nose seen by a vet.

Reactions: 40

Just to add further to the culinary nonsense, she advocates making a "roux-style base" for her Ocado soup. Now a Bechamel / Roux has its place, rarely thankfully, but in a soup? Not in my kitchen. How can you get a mushroom soup wrong? Saute onions, garlic, celeriac, carrots, potatoes etc. Add plenty of seasoning plus nutmeg / onion seeds, top up with stock and mushrooms. Cook until vegetables soften, blend then add cream and tarragon. Done. Easy.

"Add a splash of water and mix well and quickly, then add a splash more. It’s important to add it a splash at a time so that the flour from the mushrooms forms a roux-style base, rather than a puddle with some floury lumps in, so don’t try to rush this step – it’s the work of a moment, but makes all the difference. "

P.S. You can get flour from mushrooms? This is brand new information. She even has the inspiration for Brenda's bangers highlighted on her front page.

(Unsecure website - enter at your peril)

Reactions: 55
The eyes wets and bowl was found on the A470 did it for me hilarious

thank you Matt much for taking one for the cabal!

Reactions: 32
I missed this but what the fuck?! The privilege! Many people have negative experiences with the system. They don’t have the option of opting out and relying on PayPal donations

@LavaFlake love the review and glad it wasn’t too horrific. Seeing food with a bit of texture in the JM thread is a shock to the system!

Reactions: 34
Good point about Christmas, a lot of people's budgets will be tighter this year and there's always the threat of lockdowns limiting stocks in stores. She could be showing people where to make savings, get-ahead recipes that can be frozen and don't break the bank?

Personally I'd rather have oven chips on Christmas Day than a JM inspired dinner but, it would go down well with a lot of her fans and surely would be more relevant than beige recipes, or photos of her and SB's breakfasts every day?

She's just bloody lazy.

Reactions: 33
That horse is really fat

That horse is far too majestic and FANCY for Jack's tastes. Her horse spunk bechamel would be sourced from something more like this...
This horse is also really fat. I'm now worried about the UK's horse population!

Did you seriously type cococunt? I am DYING

Reactions: 44
When I make a potato soup, I use flour to make a roux instead of using cream. I got the recipe from Gimme Some Oven.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.