Jack Monroe #88 Jack, sell the Emin!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw the comment that inspired today's "mostly vegan" rant. It was a lady simply wondering why Jack didn't seem to be vegan anymore, with a handful of comments speculating. That was it. That's what sent her into that frenzy and had her followers all wailing about how it's nobodys beeswax. Nobody can dare even politely question her tit now lol. Also just goes to show how much she lovessssss anything being said about her at all, she seeks it out! All so she can fill her Twitter feed for the day. Tut tut
I think I saw the same Tweet. Jack wasn’t even tagged in it, so she also wastes time by also searching her name on SM? Why am I not surprised :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 24
As a very new member to this fabulous forum, I would love to hear from those who actually followed Jack in earnest then slowly had an awakenings-esque moment where you realised the shark had well and truly been jumped?

I have a top 3, I will count them down TOTP style:

Coming in at number 3 was the time she posted something about being racially abused because her hands looked dirty/were dark due to her greek(?) roots, and somehow managed to make herself sound like she was on par with migrants in dinghys. - I have no receipts and I suspect it was subject to a dirty delete

no 2 this week is - Covid cruise to Edinburgh! REALLY?

no 1 the appropriating of various mental health and neurodivergent diagnoses that get whipped out as a suitable excuse for any perceived criticism reeks of borderline personality disordered behaviour in my humble opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
As a very new member to this fabulous forum, I would love to hear from those who actually followed Jack in earnest then slowly had an awakenings-esque moment where you realised the shark had well and truly been jumped?

I have a top 3, I will count them down TOTP style:

Coming in at number 3 was the time she posted something about being racially abused because her hands looked dirty/were dark due to her greek(?) roots, and somehow managed to make herself sound like she was on par with migrants in dinghys. - I have no receipts and I suspect it was subject to a dirty delete

no 2 this week is - Covid cruise to Edinburgh! REALLY?

no 1 the appropriating of various mental health and neurodivergent diagnoses that get whipped out as a suitable excuse for any perceived criticism reeks of borderline personality disordered behaviour in my humble opinion.
The Black Eye.. Googling 'Jack Monroe Fake Black Eye' led me here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Nadiya was doing budget baking earlier. Weirdly she didn’t make any mayo cakes - she clearly knows NOTHING.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
ok.

I had instant mash in the house, I think I got it to use as a binder in burgers once. I used it when I was locked down to make a filling for samosas and the spice and crunch made it ok. I just used soya milk, and although I don’t normally put cheese in polenta I had a bit of Vegan Applewood in so I put it in to stick to her recipe, and #POBP Of course.

It was just a bit weird. It definitely tasted of instant mash, much more so than my samosa filling. The texture was a bit fluffy not creamy. it went ok with my dish - a sort of tomatoey spicy chickpea stew and garlic spinach. If you happened to have the sweetcorn and mash, as I did, and a blender that you could use and wanted to wash up, I’ve eaten worse.

I still have absolutely no idea why she thinks polenta is something rather special though

I'm.here for it. Tell us more. Moonshine mash sounded particularly insane.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
The Black Eye.. Googling 'Jack Monroe Fake Black Eye' led me here.
Snap. I was fucked off every time there was a thread about her bullshit on Mumsnet it got shut down, so I googled Jack Monroe black eye, and it sent me here...

I found my people though 😉 now duck off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
ok.

I had instant mash in the house, I think I got it to use as a binder in burgers once. I used it when I was locked down to make a filling for samosas and the spice and crunch made it ok. I just used soya milk, and although I don’t normally put cheese in polenta I had a bit of Vegan Applewood in so I put it in to stick to her recipe, and #POBP Of course.

It was just a bit weird. It definitely tasted of instant mash, much more so than my samosa filling. The texture was a bit fluffy not creamy. it went ok with my dish - a sort of tomatoey spicy chickpea stew and garlic spinach. If you happened to have the sweetcorn and mash, as I did, and a blender that you could use and wanted to wash up, I’ve eaten worse.

I still have absolutely no idea why she thinks polenta is something rather special though
The old fashioned instant mash of the 70s was actually not bad IMO. We always had it when we went camping as kids as easy to keep and make. Happy memories, along with my mums “camp tea” which was everything in the tea pot - bags, water, milk and sugar 🤪

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Oh I forgot my favourite! When she had an “ouchy mouth” and all suggestions she had “tried” and then posted a picture wearing red lipstick, on basically an open wound?? HOW HYGIENIC?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
I listen to a few 'foodie' podcasts, usually, while I'm preparing food.
Jay Rayner's, Jessie Ware and her Ma, James Acaster, you get the idea..
Not one of them has had her on. I wonder why..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I listen to a few 'foodie' podcasts, usually, while I'm preparing food.
Jay Rayner's, Jessie Ware and her Ma, James Acaster, you get the idea..
Not one of them has had her on. I wonder why..
I do exactly the same - I bloody love cooking and hearing a minor celeb talk about food at the same time.

Jessie's podcast is brilliant. I'm supposed to be seeing a live recording next year if Covid ever pisses off.

Reactions: 15
I used to follow Jack, but my opinion of her changed when I made a light hearted comment on her Insta and she was rude and snippy back to me. I then started to take notice of her replies to other people and saw more and more what a rude cow she could be to well meaning people! This was way before the days of the Cabal so no excuses that she was suspecting infiltrators from here.

I spotted her thread here while having a browse around the rest of Tattle, and had a read (this was before it took off). Came back to it just as it started to get BUSY, and stayed ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.