Jack Monroe #88 Jack, sell the Emin!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, looky here. Another cheeky little duo. This time it’s my sci-fi loving chum @blurstoftimes and yours truly. Thanks for your words, Blurst - never a truer word spoken. 66 reactions 🎉

Recap of thread #87
  1. Please go to her monetised website, she needs to close her rent–salary deficit.
  2. She’s not going to move house until she finds her ‘forever home’. Too many books, too much crockery and too much COTSWOLD.
  3. Her patreons have increased.
  4. She takes photos of her food on the floor of her porch. Good light + bad food = unappetising photos.
  5. Ever the social and political correspondent from Southend (thanks Silver), she put the possibility of a nationwide lockdown and its key instrumental figures to rights over a breakfast of ‘oats, espresso and outrage fatigue’.
  6. She’s created a poll: Should she bring lockdown larder back? Hell yes or please, god, no?
  7. Lil Uzi Hurt (@lostblackboy), the digital storytelling editor whose wish to read the work of a ‘food reporter who grew up on food stamps’ was the catalyst for her first tentative steps in conquering the US of A ... no longer follows her. Alongside perhaps 500 of his countrymen and women.
  8. She doesn’t like to photograph cheap white bread because it looks like it’s ‘tired of her tit’. Cheap white bread for prime minister.
  9. She produced an abomination of a sandwich consisting of eggs, radishes and stuff and more of that enduring anchoïade. Sandwich of screams, more like.
  10. Our resident Cotswold furniture archivist @Montrachet has provided a tot up here.
  11. She’s in a ‘tight spot’ and needs to ‘hustle’. Therefore, she’s thinking of selling her framed photographs for the run-up to Christmas. Please register your non-obligated interest. Speaking for the cabal as a whole, Jack - if you aren’t going to give Celery, Edinburgh its time in the sun, then it’s a no from us.
  12. She will ‘literally slice butter cold and eat it as a snack’. Jack, that’s skeevy.
  13. She unlocked her Twitter ... again. All the more people able to view her specific type of je ne sais quoi.
  14. How dare the media contest that food has never been cheaper, this self-professed ‘little weirdo’ has nine years’ worth of shopping receipts printed out and filed. YAWN.
  15. She doesn’t want to be featured in the Daily Mail’s sidebar of shame for the lack of real marble surfaces in her home. Methinks she doth protest too much.
  16. She’s got a lot of bleeping radios and they’re all set to different stations, cos the bungalow’s so sprawling and she’s lucky enough to have an outdoor space.
  17. Please fill in any of her bullshit that I have missed. I am at my bullshit recording quota 😂
    [*]
    For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
    Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’
    🥴
    One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now duck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
    • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
    • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
    • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
    • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
    • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
    • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
    • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
    • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.
    [*][*]
    Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.
    [*]

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 100
I flicked through the last two threads, and I’m sorry for bringing this back to everyone’s attention. But the orange pasta actually elicits a physical reaction every time I think about it. Something about that recipe haunts me.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
The new (old) profile pic is very misleading. She looks almost intimidating which doesn't at all match her meek little scampering mouse personality as she so nicely puts it. And has she ever made anything that actually requires a rolling pin?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
She puts her wooden chopping boards down on the floor and then uses them for food.

• Sick
  • Haha
The new (old) profile pic is very misleading. She looks almost intimidating which doesn't at all match her meek little scampering mouse personality as she so nicely puts it. And has she ever made anything that actually requires a rolling pin?
Leftover Christmas dinner pasties?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Sorry Jackolytes, I know it's not your fault, but at this point I would kill to be on the shedloads of mind bending hallucinogens that her followers clearly consume. Exhibit A - do these people seriously think there's a massive gap in the market for personalised videos from JM???

IMG_20201014_001921.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
Sorry Jackolytes, I know it's not your fault, but at this point I would kill to be on the shedloads of mind bending hallucinogens that her followers clearly consume. Exhibit A - do these people seriously think there's a massive gap in the market for personalised videos from JM???

View attachment 275003
Ending "Now, duck off!"?

• Haha
Reactions: 30

View attachment 275003
Can you imagine? The poor recipient would get the Eye of Sauron, then she’d disappear off screen for 10 minutes, babble on about herself for a bit, then thankyou very Matt, much, Matt at the end of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Just a few days until the first batch of patreon recipe cards are due! Tick tock, tick tock! This should be a breeze for JM!

Uncharacteristically, the diarrhoea eggs recipe still hasn't made an appearance?!? How bizarre?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
still in the process of grunkaing through the last thread but wow her choice of twitter pic...that weird 'hard femme' look she was doing probably back around the time she was with Allegra? Projection maybe? I guess it's better than her current day creepy weird grown out manic post rat tail head shave and wild eyes...

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I lack the know how to quote across threads, and was too late with this for the previous one, but is it possible that her "very middle of the middle of the road" taste in music explains the rabbit-trapped-in-headlights quality of her singing videos?

• Haha
I'd bung her a quid for a video of her saying "traazers on a bird?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Jeez, that was a grunk & a half. Loved all the pet stories and I’m even surer now that the jackolytes are either goldfish, don’t follow jack closely at all &/or are thick as pigshit.
Yesterday she was pleading poverty & wittering on about the fact she has almost 10% disposable income (more than most & obviously her own choice because she chooses to rent a house far fancier than is necessary).
Today she’s bragging about all the radios & as irritatingly chipper as bloody Annie tap dancing around the orphanage.
Don’t they realise what absolute mugs they are, probably out working & giving Jack money to stay at home pissing about with porridge & wrapping paper on the floor of her massive porch?
It would actually make a hilarious sitcom-imagine inbetweeners Jay combined with Kenneth Williams overacting (the carry on film where he’s a hypochondriac) with some David Brent & Annie chucked in.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Untitled 3.png

God, some of the Jackolytes really annoy me :mad: People crowdfund for so many important causes, particularly now with so many charities and industries struggling immensely because of the pandemic. She can afford one of these if she really wants one. In fact, she could get 3 for the price of her Roberts Radio! Anyway, if she couldn't afford it, she can just do what the rest of us fo - save up for it!

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
View attachment 275032

God, some of the Jackolytes really annoy me :mad: People crowdfund for so many important causes, particularly now with so many charities and industries struggling immensely because of the pandemic. She can afford one of these if she really wants one. In fact, she could get 3 for the price of her Roberts Radio! Anyway, if she couldn't afford it, she can just do what the rest of us fo - save up for it!
They really are a bunch of dumb shits and deserve to get scamned. How is that going to be in any way practical for marauding around Waitrose Asda, or whatever stupid word she used? Just buy a nanna trolley from Wilko's like a normal person would!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Maybe she should've bought that instead of the 400 quid hammock when the UK only gets about 5 days a year of weather you could actually lie in the feckin thing

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.