Jack Monroe #87 Anchoïade, anchoïade, anchoïade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she is extremely lonely and mentally unwell. Although she drives me to distraction with her rank recipes, bullshit and begging, she also reminds me very much of a, now departed, close relative and that's one of the reasons I don't post on here as often as I would like to, she makes me feel very uncomfortable.

I can well believe that her home is drafty and cold, it doesn't look as though it's had any work done since it was bought by her landlords. Given the era it was built in, no doubt the eaves aren't insulated very well, if at all. However, most normal people would just call up the agents or landlord and ask them about making those improvements, and sleep downstairs in the meantime, I'm sure there are grants available as well. Her stubbornness about staying put is infuriating, children adapt. She really needs to work on herself before getting into another relationship.

I'm in my forties and due to a combination of poor mental health, relationship breakdowns and choosing to live in an expensive city and work in a not very well paid sector, still rent. Our tiny house is less than half the size of hers, has a tiny yard, and houses three people, but do we moan? Do we duck. I'm more than grateful that my landlord is the one responsible for the boiler when it fucks up. I would like a dishwasher, but we survive regardless. Maybe I should crowdfund one. Her entitlement stinks.

The hair loss bollocks was also what really made me question the veracity of her schtick. I have a friend who lost her entire head of rather lovely hair due to alopecia, she wears a wig now, does she moan? NOPE. She gets the duck on with life, and thanks her lucky stars that she lost it due to alopecia and not chemotherapy.

Now duck off.

Also, porridge is far nicer made with only water and a pinch of salt, so she can duck off with her VEGAN porridge. The twit.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Remember this guy? Digital storytelling editor at the NYT and the reason she went all ~YEE-HAW, Y'ALL 🤠~ for a while there? I think he followed her on the back of lots of people recommending her scathing PO-TA-TOES essay and was the inspiration for her desperate 'hey new readers!' pinned tweet. Anyway I just checked and he no longer follows her.
Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 10.50.43.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
@Silver Linings, I appreciate you saying about Halloween names. I had no idea this was a thing. I'm a real traditionalist about All Hallows Eve. Halloween with plastic pumpkins makes me cross and sweary and roll me eyes). The idea that it's become some month long thing makes me madder than perhaps I should be. I'm not a Christian, I like the Celtic feel of remembrance of the dead. ALSO: if a child calls trick or treat, they'd better have a trick ready and don't chicken out of it!!

Silver said: "Those stupid Halloween names look extra stupid when something serious is being talked about. Imagine if the Queen died and Huw Edwards was Boo Edwards or something equally inane."

BT, every time I see your posts, I jump - thinking Jack is back
I'm probably a loser, but I don't really care 😄 Halloween *is* a month long thing for me, I prefer the natural aspect to it, welcoming in the dark nights, end of summer months, and Samhain as remembering our dead. But admit to doing the plastic pumpkin part for my kids too!

It's not trick or treating here either, it's guising. And I correct my children every time they say trick or treating!

Back on topic, but I almost feel guilty for thinking every single food photo she puts up looks grotty. It's like she tries to make her food appear as if she made it during the Great Depression. It's that poverty angle again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
How dare you! Don’t you know she cleans it 11 times a day?! It’s the cleanest house, bigly clean.
She's a germ-free adolescent (she wishes)
Cleanliness is her obsession
Cleans the floor 10 times a day
Scrub away, scrub away scrub away
The Jackie way.

Who has an earworm along with me now?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.