Jack Monroe #87 Anchoïade, anchoïade, anchoïade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still don’t get why they eat separately , it’s not like he’s 4 and needs to eat his dinner at 6pm? It creates more work, needs more ingredients, won’t encourage him to try new foods and just sounds kinda depressing?
It's also really uneconomical because she's having to heat up separate meals.

Reactions: 26
Unilever have a marketing budget of billions, £10/20/30k is but a drop in the ocean for them, regardless of how crap their choices are.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Oh that language is 100% deliberate. It conjures up images of her and SB being poor waifs and strays, with no stable home. Again it's a subtle thing, but very manipulative.

I think she's been worse for this recently, the last couple of weeks she seems to have really ramped up the poor Jack image. That bloody food cupboard photo from yesterday, with it's tiny amount of smartprice items 🙄. She leaves all these little crumbs and lets people draw their conclusions, knowing that a large number of them will conclude that she's struggling.
I'm sure there was another tweet after the picture of the pauper cupboard where she mentioned a big cupboard with oils etc but conveniently she doesn't show that.

And after her shop yesterday she said "I've already got: dried red lentils, coconut milk, various dried beans and pulses, minced garlic purée, anchovies, very old but seemingly bombproof black olives, some pastas, rice, oats..." So where's all that? Monroe Hubbards cupboards are definitely not empty.

Reactions: 45
I'm still in disbelief that she's mithering on and on (and Ariston) about how much money she doesn't have.

Yet, apparently she had enough money available to look after the unwell kitten and/or a dog - two relatively expensive commitments, even if she had just one or the other.
Not to mention the ongoing costs for the rest of their lives. Apparently that was all doable with the money she had.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
What does she have to put EVERYTHING in the same dish? There’s just no need to put lentils AND kidney beans in the same curry. Save one for a different dish. You can only have one portion of pulses to count as one your 5 a day.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Jack would only legally be obliged under membership T&Cs to wear ribbed socks WITH the dress if still subscribed to the 'non-binary' tier. Sub sections are quite complex & further advice can be found in the manual.
I'm so sorry, @SweetTransvestite. As a straight I only get to know what's in the handbook through what "some of my best friends" share with me.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
THAT MAN has a book on the list
Finally made it to the NOW after a massive ten thread grunka...

Not only has THAT MAN got a book on the list but Nigel Slater has bagged the seasonality slot and Miguel gets a cheeky mention too.

In other matters, I actually ate a JM dish last week. My daughter cooked for this for us Pork cassoulet I can get the thinking behind the recipe - using up odds and ends of pork to make the cassoulet and basic flavour wise it was ok (but pork and fennel is hardly pushing new boundaries) but it was just so liquid-y and lacking in texture (appreciate this will be no surprise). Ordinarily I'd have adjusted the recipe but as my daughter was cooking I didn't want to interfere...

• Heart
Reactions: 36
It makes me so miserable to see her grifting.

Like many of us on Tattle, I am struggling for money, applying for jobs that I don't want, and she's doing bleeping poverty cosplay and WHINGING as if her life depends on it. Turns my stomach. (Almost as much as her food photography does.)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 58
I haven’t even got past page 1 so forgive me if this has been said but....

the furlough scheme/help for the self-employed was to help those who couldn’t work during lockdown...Jack had a slot on DKL, this morning, her Hellman’s bollocks and released a book. Why the hell does she think she deserved help from the tax payer as well?
A millions times this. She’s bizarrely entitled. Spends all her money and cons innocent people into giving her more.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I know this is our received wisdom, but I've been thinking.

1. The only evidence we have (?deleted, but we have receipts) for the "5 figure sum" from Hellmann's is Jack's statement on Insta that she had jeopardised her 5 figure deal by postponing her "show" so that she could take part in the BLM Blackout.
2. This led to a shitstorm of Hellmann's being called out for racism which snowballed (if I can mix the metaphors - fine writing, innit) once Alexis became involved and explicitly accused them of racist behaviour towards her.
3. Jack then backed down (on Insta) and said only that Hellmann's could have terminated her "show" had they been minded to do so, but they hadn't. In other words, she exaggerated for effect.
4. In other news, Jack broke twice as many bones in her foot as there are in the normal human foot.
5. This gives us a clear insight into #Jackmaths.

My conclusion? It was probably a 2 1/2 figure sum, if that.
Agree with the reasoning, 100%. But it’s also quite likely that she was fixing the figures in the other direction, to fit her poor narrative and avoid revealing how loaded she actually is. She’s so untrustworthy that it really wouldn’t be surprising either way..

Reactions: 21
My God, this is all making me so hecking mad! Of course you have to move if you can't afford to stay living where you are, your kid will adapt like millions of others do. Why can she not see this?!
Oh, I’m sure she can, but she thinks it sounds good for sympathy reasons.

Also helps with her logic to herself I’m sure, of why she shouldn’t move from her overpriced house when apparently she struggles to afford it.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.