Jack Monroe #82 Cooking in a boot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I lived in Italy when that song was everywhere. It reminds me of campari and youthfully energetic sex, so I don't mind it.
That, my friend, is fair enough! I think I would probably feel fondly of it if it reminded me of that.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
The drawbridge is back up again. So obviously done for self promotion and has nowt to do with safety.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Couldn’t sleep last night so I stayed up all night singing itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini and you know it never helped me get to sleep

• Haha
Reactions: 87
The only thing of note in it all was her going on about how she was so anorexic at school that she was constantly in the sick bay (sure jan)
Yeah, it's possible. Medical does tend to end up with the ones who don't want to go to lessons for various reasons - there's not really anywhere else to put them. Can't send them home every day. Nearly had one in there this week - the only reason it didn't happen was because

I had to treat somebody who had been discovered SH, with all that involves in terms of gaining trust, first aid, asking questions to assess immediate risk, supervise for their own safety, complete the online disclosures, etc
. And of course, I also had to get on with the rest of the job, deal with kids coughing, spot the other issues including the ones who say they haven't eaten or look like they haven't eaten in days etc, etc.

Mind you, the ones who have EDs generally won't come to medical unless they can't physically stand up/have collapsed because it's a guaranteed way of people finding out, as my spidey senses are tuned to putting together the little bits of information - so the ones who constantly come aren't the same group. I'm as kind as I can be to all of them, but when I have to deal with the former ones, I really could do without the latter coming in and crying at me at times.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
View attachment 264049View attachment 264050
pie bleeping jesu. Please, Jack. Stop.
Which one?

There are an awful lot of Requiem Masses, after all. Never heard of one being belted out before though, as it's kind of the absolute bleeping antithesis to the meaning and context of the piece. It's also easier (and better technique) to sing them quietly to improve of accuracy and tone.

If she's that into classical music, she could just join a community choir - they're being held online at present (good practice for actually getting the equipment to work before there's a job involved) and she'd probably learn lots about how to sing.

The scores are also available for free online, too. No need to duck about with trying to pick out a note on a piano, just read the bleeping score parts. Or use the variations that are available on YouTube with the different vocal parts.

Reactions: 22
Flashback:

View attachment 264053

😭

(You'll have to scroll down her page if you want to see the video)
Worse than any horror film. That poor piano 😭

ETA: the fact she owns a piano and is really ambivalent towards it is genuinely frustrating. I work with pupils who would LOVE to own a piano/other instruments, and some whose parents can't justify the expense of music lessons, or some who can but don't care enough that their kid wants to learn to sort it out for them. And music isn't the subject I teach so no 🔺but I have a lot to do with the extracurricular stuff and it's SO important that some of these kids have access to music.

Jack clearly sometimes wants to be seen as a musical/poetic type which is fine, but she also doesn't seem to care most of the time. It's fab that she can afford a piano (and lessons, please for the love of god consider some lessons!) but pleeeease treat it with less contempt 🙃

I'll get off my ethical high horse now.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Why hasn't she been able to play piano since March because of covid? Is the piano in her house?

ETA Ignore me. That was a poor squiggle.

Reactions: 11
WTF? She's proud for playing a song ONE HANDED whilst singing the wrong words? Sweet Jesus, can someone give me a medal for just being alive?
It's in the post. But as I've been having trouble with my post don't expect it anytime soon.

Thankyou
NOW duck OFF

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.