Jack Monroe #76 £300 mirror mirror on the wall, who’s the poorest of us all?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for the reminder, I didn’t want the pizza I just ate anyway 🤢 😂

I would encourage any frau to cook a JM recipe if they haven’t already. It’s an experience. The salad bag pesto is not advisable unless you’re seeking a near-death experience though
In my days of great enthusiasm for Jack’s recipes, I made the salad bag pesto and made my partner (who is a real foodie) eat it too. I don’t think they have ever quite forgiven me for that experience 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Funny that someone on here made a reference to Beatrix Potter and suddenly we have a well-groomed fox in the house, to go with the little mouse family living in the brambles. Coincidence?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
That comment about jack being a cook that creates meals for people with no teeth has had tears streaming down my cheeks and ugly laugh snorting. Got to be a thread title that surely 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
If a hedgehog pops out of her washing machine. I think I will pop due to cringing so hard.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I was reading the recipe in complete disbelief that she steals a living writing this codswallop.

A more unappetising mish mash of ingredients would be hard to find. And so bloody wasteful.

Also she has clearly fried the sausages post bake to make them look nicer. Baked sausages always look horrid.
Objection! I always roast/bake sausages and they look lovely!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
In my days of great enthusiasm for Jack’s recipes, I made the salad bag pesto and made my partner (who is a real foodie) eat it too. I don’t think they have ever quite forgiven me for that experience 😳
It's okay she tricked me with that one too. I think it was the start of the recipes becoming truly tit. It was all half decent stuff you could make with a tin of chickpeas or nothing but lentils? No problem. Now it's just madness.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
3FBB05EC-0422-4FBF-9B3E-B2F8FB262EF0.jpeg

Cooper has met the only mice on earth that don’t tit themselves and run away at the first sign of danger... maybe they’re from Mars?

What Jack considered well groomed 🤗
A512A968-F730-41B8-A281-CD1D611E1E36.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 52
So, she gave her son sausages and bacon last night, bacon for breakfast, and sausages and bacon tonight. Frozen sausages, which therefore did not require to be used up.

Unbelievable.

Jack, he is not your pawn - he relies on you to actually look after him!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
I am absolutely creased at the 39p recipe (it isn’t 39p), the fact someone is having sausage with rice (wtf?!) and that right under the picture of the slop is the word thankyou and also a good ol’ rattle of the tip jar. S

She’s absolutely shameless.

View attachment 251079

PS. Even in her Celery Studios Edinburgh production, that isn’t casserole and it looks bleeping disgusting.
Also, that sentence makes me go

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
View attachment 250616
Give it a rest, Jack. Bloody hell. She’s revelling in this cheap meat shtick.
I thought she previously vegan and now semi vegan ? Now I'm no einstein but if you where semi vegan would buying the absolute shite in terms of meat be acceptable ? Its a little like previously being CEO of green peace and now detontating nuclear warheads in your new job. Can you really go that far form one side of the scale to the other ??

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I thought she previously vegan and now semi vegan ? Now I'm no einstein but if you where semi vegan would buying the absolute shite in terms of meat be acceptable ? Its a little like previously being CEO of green peace and now detontating nuclear warheads in your new job. Can you really go that far form one side of the scale to the other ??
and one other thing I forgot to mention, if in fact you owned about 6 sideboards and a harrods mirror is a 17p breakfast of scraps of meat really required ? are times actually that tough ?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.