Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
If you were genuinely interested in teaching someone to cook cheaply. You would start with the basics, like a risotto or a pasta sauce or a stew, and then add on how you can adapt those to what you have.
I think there is a place for, what do I do with instant mash, in case people get them at food banks. But to keep choosing them is ridiculous.
Has she ever just cooked a chicken for instance, then broken it down now to use that over several days?
I mean, she's bought 20 sausages and used them day after day? 😅

Though I find the fact that she seems keen on using the sausage/bacon up because they are pretty long life (the sausages were frozen for example.)

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I cannot stand the way she writes her recipes - especially when she describes say, a pea risotto as a 'pea, onion, garlic and chicken stock risotto'. It doesn't make it sound fancier Jack, it sounds fucking stupid! I let her crap cooking trigger me waaaayy too much but being a popular recipe writer is my dream job and she just totally wastes it.

Found another very telling and eye-roll worthy comment on her blog. A BRUTAL portrayal of her life :rolleyes:
Go Simone 👏

• Haha
Reactions: 15

I steal names

VIP Member
Feeling a bit boaky at the thought of those pallid, barely meat sausages being used in a bolognese. Just make a tomato pasta bake, for the love of God.

As long as she doesn't photograph herself cupping a bowl of any of that shite.
I find her hands incredibly upsetting.
They look like they've had a 'previous owner' who wasn't particularly careful with them.
Amazing 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart

DinosaurSenior

VIP Member
I think she's trying to get the Jackolites to start a campaign begging for her to get a Damehood or some other order of the Empire.

Deleting all her racy/sweary schizz, name-dropping Royals. God she's just soooo left wing!!!!:LOL:

• Haha

Malacandra

I have never seen her recipie for corn beef hash. I know loads of people low on funds who make that. You can actually make one tin of corn beef, beans and a few spuds make a pretty decent sized filling meal. Also colcannon is another good way to use up leftover food and also is quite fashionable ( weirdly) at the moment.
When I was pregnant with my daughter I had a craving for corned beef hash with beans and had it at least once a week. The corned beef would be fried with diced potatoes and onions until everything was crispy. It was heavenly. No added fat was needed as far as I remember - just preheat the pan!

• Haha