Jack Monroe #71 Jack flew over the cuckoo’s nest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmm... I do hope she doesn’t cave and go Back to Jack.

Though on the bright side if she does it’s an excuse to make up an Amy Winehouse pastiche.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Grunka-ing ahead to simply say
If she is I don’t give a flying duck, quite frankly. How she can bang on about food waste when she’s cooking a meal for three with only herself in the house, is beyond me. The entire post reads like she’s been on the grog anyway.
Why put a cartoon filter on this when you’re claiming to promote something so important? No one can see what you’re promoting, Jacqui-Mel, sort it out and stop with your teenage show off antics.

Reactions: 12
Aaaahahaha! The Jackolytes are so arrogant-jack has aped Nigella’s style of writing for years (& Nigella is way too polite to ever call her out on it). Imagine anyone-let alone a successful food writer-getting food ideas from Jack? Jesus, they’re like blinded cult members.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Bahahaha. JM fans really make mad moves sometimes
View attachment 239247
I feel duty-bound to mention that Jack's recipe is called "Microwave Marmite Mac & Cheese".

ETA: Jack's back in the Guardian (love the scary clown hair in her pic)! You will all be SHOCKED to read the first sentence of her article: "I’ll never forget trying to feed myself and my son on £10 a week." Of course you won't, you tell the same bleeping story every week.

I am disappointed by the brief "Jack Monroe is a campaigner, columnist and author." Word count issues? As we all know, she's so much more than that...

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
I feel duty-bound to mention that Jack's recipe is called "Microwave Marmite Mac & Cheese".

ETA: Jack's back in the Guardian (love the scary clown hair in her pic)! You will all be SHOCKED to read the first sentence of her article: "I’ll never forget trying to feed myself and my son on £10 a week." Of course you won't, you tell the same bleeping story every week.

I am disappointed by the brief "Jack Monroe is a campaigner, columnist and author." Word count issues? As we all know, she's so much more than that...

Cheap pasta sauce is cheaper than tomatoes and herbs?

cheapest pasta sauce is £1 per big jar.

tinned toms - 22p
mixed herbs - 50p

Ok, hun.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Emoji bunny emoji pink hearts
There’s no helping some people is there, you’re a free woman now ruuuuuun sweetie run!!

How come Oddbox knew JM's address for the sake of the delivery (she said it was gifted, as opposed to her having ordered it)?
#gifted is an influencer euphemism for sponsored content. It may be posted in exchange for a free product, or free product + fee, but it’s a service JM is providing for cash or cash in kind basically.

But remember she’s bleeping skint obvs

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Aaaahahaha! The Jackolytes are so arrogant-jack has aped Nigella’s style of writing for years (& Nigella is way too polite to ever call her out on it). Imagine anyone-let alone a successful food writer-getting food ideas from Jack? Jesus, they’re like blinded cult members.
They know nothing about food, or cooking, it is the only explanation.

That guardian article reads like it's been auto generated. "I still feel guilty about using too many ingredients in one dish" - what, like 20 fish fingers and a block of butter in a lasagne? Is she seriously writing this when I have (unfortunately) just watched a video where she chops up a hell of a lot of vegetables for a rabbit / social media engagement / dopamine hits?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I only have 4 and a half GCSEs in Jack Studies. Could a frau with, say, an honorary doctorate or two help me deal with a conundrum?

In her new (🙄) Guardian piece, R Jackie says:

I hid my circumstances from friends and family for almost a year before one of my blog posts went viral and they found out.

The blog post that went viral was "Hunger Hurts", in which she talked about having a massive garage sale which she advertised on Facebook, selling off all her possessions (including a certain watch) etc.

Could a dedicated scholar please explain how she was simultaneously able to do this AND hide her circumstances from everyone?

Schrödinger's half-Maine Coon...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.