Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

instacharlie

VIP Member
I don’t understand why, if it’s all cosy and lovely, they’re facing a sideboard (Cotswolds, natch) with an open laptop on it, and Tweeting. She’s got a huge living room, no? Everything she does is off.
That looks more the height of a coffee table. Did we have coffee table on the list of Cotswold catalogue stuff?

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Uberrima fides

Probably because the "home-made" pie is smaller than her child's appetite. My 10 year old always-hungry boy and his friends would have eaten a pie that size as a snack! I always kept some Fray Bentos pies in the cupboard just-in-case.
My point is not about supplementing the size of the portion, but rather serving up frozen chips with mashed potatoes. Stodge. Each to his own, I suppose.

JoyceDivision

Chatty Member
I also wouldn't be surprised if she goes through phases of locking and unlocking her accounts now - particularly if she has something she wants to scream about.

Lots of influencers do this on IG to gain followers. Emily Canham (awful woman) does it all the time.
She’s done it for years - I've followed her since 2013 and so this is nothing new.

Everytime I see the word private eye for some reason I read it to the tune of "bright eyes" from watership down.

I think she will reopen two accounts and the business one will be manned by someone else.
And I can never hear/see ‘bright eyes’ without thinking of Steve Permberton’s Pop 🙃

• Haha
  • Heart

Malacandra

Why is she putting chips with a pie which is topped by mash? The vegetables are overcooked.
Probably because the "home-made" pie is smaller than her child's appetite. My 10 year old always-hungry boy and his friends would have eaten a pie that size as a snack! I always kept some Fray Bentos pies in the cupboard just-in-case.

Uberrima fides

Fair enough, although I think that you will find that stodge with stodge plays an important part in our culinary history e.g. savoury pies or puddings served with potatoes, fish and chips with mushy peas and bread and butter, crisp butties, pie barms, curries with rice and naan and parathas and poppadums ...
In your trip down culinary memory lane, you seem to have forgotten your beloved Fray Bentos pies.

I have read this weeks antics with an open mouth, she never fails to disappoint with her dramas. Well done to everyone for collecting all receipts!

I just want to add my view on the black eye, I know we’ve moved on but when Jack reads this it might help her understand her injury.

So during lockdown I was on the receiving end of an accidental head butt from my dog, that clocked the side of my eye sock in a way that hurt and then bruised. What was weird was that the day after he did it there was no bruising but it really hurt, the bruising came up a few days later when actually it hurt less. But then it was weird because I had forgot about it but it looked worse.

Bruising doesn’t come up straight away so you can’t get sympathy straight away, In future rather than painting on a bruise just wait patiently...the bruise will come and then you’ll be able to claim all the sympathy required to get your dopamine hit.

Patience is needed in other situations too, whilst practising patience you could also practice your presenting skills so you aren’t totally shite at everything you do.
At least you didn't feel the need to share your unfortunate accident on Twitter with a large number of people whom you've never met.

• Wow

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
I definitely get this. I've always been bigger, but I've definitely noticed that there is a clink link in my mental status (good or bad days, high or low energy days, generally feeling sorry and depressed for myself days) that I seek comfort in food when I feel bad. Of course, sometimes I feel bad because I big, despite losing 20kg a year ago, it's all come back now... So I want to eat more?

It makes no fucking sense, and coupled that with my complete lack of spending control with food (it takes me ages to make a normal purchasing decision, but I can easily drop £40+ on a takeaway feast for myself without thinking about it.

I wonder if that's because I grew up poor, with a parent who barely functioned and couldn't cook well at the best of times. So often dinner was really crap/cheap foods I hated, or shove in the oven foods. So food has become a luxury I luxuriate in and I run away from anything that resembles the poor food I grew up on?

Also, I have endured comments about my body and its size since I was a child. I can tell you now that as someone who had very slim/tiny friends, I never once heard them be abused for their existence. I however, cannot count how many times I have suffered public humiliations by people who insist on screaming at me I'm a fat cunt, fucking fat, fucking disgusting or whatever. Never once have I heard a similar thing be screamed from a car at a slim/average person.

So yeah, definitely not the same.
Yes! All of this 🙌❤

• Heart

ShowMeYourFeline

Chatty Member
Exactly. Or she could say that he loves fish pie but it’s a faff to make, especially if you’re not cooking for a crowd.

That response could be copied and pasted from Mumsnet, which is rife with orthorexics, competitive undereating and genuine EDs. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with you at all, but I think it’s patronising beyond belief to suggest that anyone who believes Jack is thin is too desensitised by fatties to know what a healthy weight looks like.
Do you have any proof that mumsnet is “rife” with EDs or are you just baselessly judging?

It is not patronising. You don’t think 2/3 of the population being overweight - or 90% of people if you go by body fat percentage rather than BMI - has an effect on what is seen as normal? Jack is simply not “thin”. Anyone who thinks otherwise either has skewed judgement or a vendetta against slim women. She is bigger than me and I am not underweight.

I am absolutely sick of the concern trolling, disingenuous hand wringing, insults, accusations and bullying that slim women face, all while pretending that it’s for our own good.

In my opinion accusations of being “too thin” are the exact same insult against appearance as claiming someone is too fat. I would say the same about accusations of eating disorders, if Jack herself hasn’t been Munchausen-ing about EDs.

• Wow
  • Angry

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
I dont think comments about safeguarding are completely out; hes nowhere near being removed, but id imagine there would be some concern if her twitter witterings were to be believed. Things like a family centre, who also work with schools, would want to offer support or guidance.

Bugger13

VIP Member
Now that would be Karma. How would she get away with a repeat of the same accident?
Potatoes II? We could expect a raging essay on hardworking hands draining potatoes, the single mom blinded by steam-a PayPal link for a fancy (American) shower head tap to prevent future accidents? And a god bless y’all.

• Haha

Marmalade Atkins

VIP Member
She's still talking about chicken dicks... Can anyone else on here see her tweets at the moment or am I the only one granted the pleasure?
Someone, please say I'm not alone!
She'll delete the lot and I'll look like I made it up, Jack-stylee! 😭
Yep, plenty of us can still see 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Lanie

VIP Member
I am glad she's having some private time. I wish her the best of luck and hope it helps her with sorting out whatever is going on....
Hopefully people are helping her out.
I say it like this because I don't think I can watch much more of her epic neve rending car crash sm life.

Last edited: