Jack Monroe #64 One hand refreshing Twitter, and the other one playing the piano

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That business card has me HOOTING

It’s a misaligned picture of a heavily tattooed hand holding a posy of flowers. She’s sending things like she’s a little Etsy shop yet didn’t even send a packet of Haribo with the order. And the AUTOGRAPH. Who does she actually think she is?

Saying that I’d pay good money for Celery, Edinburgh.

Reactions: 51
View attachment 224485View attachment 224486
Oh I dunno, I can think of better things to get in the post!
Lol is that blue distressed wood the Hellmann's filming backdrop that they delivered to her for a bit of brand continuity and have just never bothered to pick up because they can't even look her in the eye anymore? Good that she's repurposed her abject failure into another money-making scheme.

I'd be ashamed to publicise that I spend my hard-earned money on wank like that awful photo tbh. Howling at her faux-modest little signature in pride of place on the wonky frame.

Reactions: 28
I could see her doing 60 minute make-over. Let's call it 60 minute Jackover.

"Right you lot. You've got ONE SEVERE HOUR to donate as much as you can. If you shan't can't send cash, then send goods. Now FUCK OFF"
"A piss and a sandwich - UK service stations rated by Jack Monroe"

Reactions: 35
My mate told me the other day the girl I told you about who's very like JM actually put her Amazon wishlist on sm. I couldn't believe it my own wishlist is full but I havent shared it with anyone. It's more like my own personal shopping list for things I intend want to get eventually.

I don't know about you guys but I prefer my presents to be a surprise. I like it when the person has actually thought of me and not exjust got me something because I asked for it. I won't even tell my husband what to buy me for chrostmas. I give him ideas and let him do the rest.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Another one HOOTING at that business card! Classic JM
She was probably gutted you couldn’t fit the whole kit and caboodle on there.
‘I want it to say: Food writer, author, blogger, photographer, author, singer, concert pianist, ex-fire service call handler, book reviewer, poet, Ruby Rose’s stand-in, accidentally conquering my fears ...’
‘What do you mean, you can’t fit that all on a standard-sized business card?’

Reactions: 46
I have a photograph and autograph from both the cheeky girls.( My dad got me it) I don't think it's worth much if I were to sell it on, perhaps this person will have more luck.

Looks like she spilt ink on that business card at the printers.

Looks like she spilt ink on that business card at the printers.

Reactions: 8
I’m surprised she didn’t hand write them with really tiny writing and a magnifying glass like the boy in Goodnight Mister Tom when he writes his postcards!

Reactions: 12
A friend of mine did the same, she had secret swimming lessons and then shocked her family by diving off a board & swimming a length. She was in her early 50s and her parents hadn’t had the money or time when she was young.

Reactions: 20
Also, I genuinely don’t think she has any useful “research” or “notes” on poverty which she can pass on. Her only reference point is herself, and her own (probably exaggerated) experience of several years ago. The world’s moved on from then, plus there’s the pandemic and the issues which that throws up. I’ve not seen anything to suggest Jack has engaged with any of this.

Reactions: 26
I honestly don't know how she's managed to re-hash her poverty story without scrutiny so many times over the years - its like she has stolen a screenplay directly from Ken Loach. She also has never ever spoken about poverty and intersectionality, either because she's not interested in a perspective that acknowledges her privilege OR she's just not intelligent enough to see the nuance. Maybe both?

Reactions: 22
Don't forget that Ken loach I Daniel Blake was based on our Jackie

Reactions: 22
Please tell me that business card has her Patreon details on the reverse side
I think it's the bottom line of the front side, under the facebook link.

She also has never ever spoken about poverty and intersectionality, either because she's not interested in a perspective that acknowledges her privilege OR she's just not intelligent enough to see the nuance. Maybe both?
You know, I think this is why I'm pre-emptively appalled at anything she might say about the death of Mercy Baguma (though *still* no acknowledgement, not even a liked tweet, never mind a RT of the crowdfunder for her baby). But you just know if and when she does say anything, she's going to completely miss this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Oh yes I'm actually glad she hasn't said anything because my rage levels can't handle it. Probably will include a reference to 'more bread and jam please mummy'

I just googled Jack Monroe Daniel Blake and found this...HOW long has she been writing this poverty book?! So people will have taken the time to share their painful testimonies and she never even bothered finishing it.

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.