Jack Monroe #60 Everything I do, I do it for ... ME!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've attached the 2 posts here, so people can read them.

Very revealing. She didn't have the decency to tell him she was pregnant.
And this is a letter she published in the guardian December 2019 which contradicts

Dear Small Boy’s Daddy,

It’s been nearly 10 years now, and I’ve never really managed to put into words what I’m about to say, because the words are so big, and so small, and there are so many to choose from, unspoken, unbidden, I never really know where to start. So I’ll start from the beginning.

I still remember the first day we met, at the Basildon coffee shop we worked in. I was new and you were laughing as you showed me the ropes: how to froth the milk differently for a cappuccino and a latte; how to pour the coffee so the crema on the top was just right. You were patient with my clumsiness, and everybody respected you, and more importantly, enjoyed your company. Little did we know, then, how it would all turn out. “I think that cream is off”, you furrowed your brow, holding out a frappuccino for me to test. As I leaned in to sniff it, you dunked my head in. I flicked it at your face, and mayhem ensued.

A few years, and many more practical jokes later, I nervously told you I was pregnant. You didn’t hesitate. “Anything you decide to do, anything you need, I’ll support you,” you said. I was so frightened, and you were so strong and steadfast. It’s been that way ever since. Our patchwork family – mother, father, our partners, your additional children, your parents, my parents, our partners’ parents, sisters, cousins, and everyone in between, have all helped to raise this small boy between us.

We don’t fight. I don’t recall a single argument; we co-operate without drama or disarray. I’ve done some stupid things in the past 10 years and you have quietly picked up the pieces each time. At every new school, after every failed relationship, you have been there with your silent reassurance. I’ve been a mess, but I’m doing OK now, and one of the threads holding this whole damn scruffy tapestry together is you.

I know this may slightly embarrass you, because you are modest and humble, but I want to thank you for the last decade, as we look to the next one and whatever it holds; and for the greatest gift of all – our son – who grows more like his father every day, with his big blue eyes, his ability to hold a room and make everyone feel special; his generous heart. I know we don’t really do feelings, but I bloody love you, and I couldn’t have done any of this without you. I am still frightened of motherhood, but knowing that my co-pilot on this journey is you is very reassuring. You’re the best, bravest and most decent man I’ve ever met, and I consider myself lucky every single day to be raising a son with you.

Merry Christmas and, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for everything.

Love, Jack

edited to add lava flake posted the link whilst I was faffing

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Just found this... https://www.motherandbaby.co.uk/fam...pasta-and-green-beans-from-a-girl-called-jack

That looks so dry! I could imagine the sardines disintegrating to the dry/sticky pasta... and when combined with the raisins 🤢I think you're going to need a lot more than 1 tbspn of oil to help that out!
1. WHYYYY does she tell you to cook the pasta on a low heat?
2. WHYYYY does she put the frozen green beans straight into the pan with the fish and not cook them in the pasta water?
3. What in the duck does this mean?

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
I really think social media is very destructive
Facebook - show offs
Instagram- totally fake
Twitter - argumentative arseholes
The whole thing is just bullshit.
It can be, depending on how you use it. I have to use Social Media a lot as part of my job, and I also train people on how to use it positively.
For me:
Facebook - a great way to stay connected with people who are spread across the globe, to develop networks etc. The way they handle private groups make it really good for community development and event organisation is quite slick there too. (Downside - all the keyboard gangsters and folk who share stuff blindly without Fact checking

Instagram - I love all the tourism stuff on there, destinations I want to visit etc. Sharing my arty attempts with other like-minded folk. The Downside is for younger people it becomes a misrepresentation of life and they compare unrealistic body images with their own.

Twitter - Again I use this a lot for work, networking and debates. I totally agree that there's a lot of argumentative arses on it though and a real tribal troll mentality. That being said - it's related to how I found this place and I have to praise it for that!

Like I said, it's like everything else in life and it depends how you use it. You reap what you sow.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
2. WHYYYY does she put the frozen green beans straight into the pan with the fish and not cook them in the pasta water?
Honestly infuriates me that she makes money from her cooking- pasta on a low heat :eek:. In that disgusting peach curry recipe she says to boil the chickpeas rapidly for 10 minutes before adding to the curry to soften them? They're tinned chickpeas, they will turn to mush if you do that! Surely any normal person would just put the chickpeas directly into the curry and let THAT simmer for 10 minutes. Argh.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Honestly infuriates me that she makes money from her cooking- pasta on a low heat :eek:. In that disgusting peach curry recipe she says to boil the chickpeas rapidly for 10 minutes before adding to the curry to soften them? They're tinned chickpeas, they will turn to mush if you do that! Surely any normal person would just put the chickpeas directly into the curry and let THAT simmer for 10 minutes. Argh.
Remember, she is NOT A CHEF!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Does this mean she evicted someone out of a flat she was subletting because they scratched a pan? Bit tight really.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Tinned sardine and raisin pasta?! 🤮
I'd rather just eat the ingredients separately! Basically, do the opposite of JM's 'bung it all together' method. Like with her peach curry - I'm sure the peaches would be tastier eaten separately as dessert. I suppose that's not <insert Tom Cruise putting on sunglasses gif> enough though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
It's so infuriating to think she probably got paid hundreds of pounds for that recipe.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Does this mean she evicted someone out of a flat she was subletting because they scratched a pan? Bit tight really.
Surely in order to evict someone you'd have to have some control of the property? You might even have to .... own it?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Just want to say... (referencing thread #30!) I know the Club chocolate bar/biscuit song and I'm 27. It was basically the theme song to my childhood :LOL:

I also used to nibble the corners and then the sides before eating the biscuit lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Just want to say... (referencing thread #30!) I know the Club chocolate bar/biscuit song and I'm 27. It was basically the theme song to my childhood :LOL:

I also used to nibble the corners and then the sides before eating the biscuit lol
Now I want a Club. The raisin one obviously because that was the best. Closely followed by chocolate orange.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
And this is a letter she published in the guardian December 2019 which contradicts

Dear Small Boy’s Daddy,

It’s been nearly 10 years now, and I’ve never really managed to put into words what I’m about to say, because the words are so big, and so small, and there are so many to choose from, unspoken, unbidden, I never really know where to start. So I’ll start from the beginning.

I still remember the first day we met, at the Basildon coffee shop we worked in. I was new and you were laughing as you showed me the ropes: how to froth the milk differently for a cappuccino and a latte; how to pour the coffee so the crema on the top was just right. You were patient with my clumsiness, and everybody respected you, and more importantly, enjoyed your company. Little did we know, then, how it would all turn out. “I think that cream is off”, you furrowed your brow, holding out a frappuccino for me to test. As I leaned in to sniff it, you dunked my head in. I flicked it at your face, and mayhem ensued.

A few years, and many more practical jokes later, I nervously told you I was pregnant. You didn’t hesitate. “Anything you decide to do, anything you need, I’ll support you,” you said. I was so frightened, and you were so strong and steadfast. It’s been that way ever since. Our patchwork family – mother, father, our partners, your additional children, your parents, my parents, our partners’ parents, sisters, cousins, and everyone in between, have all helped to raise this small boy between us.

We don’t fight. I don’t recall a single argument; we co-operate without drama or disarray. I’ve done some stupid things in the past 10 years and you have quietly picked up the pieces each time. At every new school, after every failed relationship, you have been there with your silent reassurance. I’ve been a mess, but I’m doing OK now, and one of the threads holding this whole damn scruffy tapestry together is you.

I know this may slightly embarrass you, because you are modest and humble, but I want to thank you for the last decade, as we look to the next one and whatever it holds; and for the greatest gift of all – our son – who grows more like his father every day, with his big blue eyes, his ability to hold a room and make everyone feel special; his generous heart. I know we don’t really do feelings, but I bloody love you, and I couldn’t have done any of this without you. I am still frightened of motherhood, but knowing that my co-pilot on this journey is you is very reassuring. You’re the best, bravest and most decent man I’ve ever met, and I consider myself lucky every single day to be raising a son with you.

Merry Christmas and, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for everything.

Love, Jack

edited to add lava flake posted the link whilst I was faffing
Why is this in the Guardian? Why not just pick up the bleeping phone, Jack? 🤷🏼

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Why is this in the Guardian? Why not just pick up the bleeping phone, Jack? 🤷🏼
Exactly. It's so ME ME ME LOOK AT ME.

Apologies if this is a daft question, but...I get the feeling the Dad might be a good bit older and more sensible about life in general. I also get the feeling from that letter that they weren't ever romantically involved?

Reactions: 15
Why in the Guardian? Because she is a textbook narcissist. It's exactly the same as Meghan Markle. Her letter was never a private letter to her father - it was written for the public, to be read by the public, for her image. Jack is the same - a letter written for the public's eyes. Contrast her whimsical version with what "EssexDad81" wrote.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I have a real issue with her talking about her child's dad on sm..
Whatever the situation going on there with them is personal, so any child care or money matters should be kept between them and or courts( if need be) other than his dad exists and still has contact the people on sm do not need to know anymore. I find it really unfair that she mentions him because as much as he's part of his sons life he is no longer part of hers and she should respect his right to privacy.
She chose to live her live on the open this man has not and he should be kept out if it, as should get son really but I am going to stop now.
She really needs to wise up!

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.