Jack Monroe #574 She's definitely lying about something

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm a big fan of FareShare (and would far rather support them than TT) - but, yes, their network specifically seeks to develop partnerships with the sort of big companies that are likely to have surplus food (food producers, distributors, supermarkets and restaurant chains).

They hope to do some good with that, of course - but the other side of the coin is that those companies get kudos for not letting that food go to waste. Personally, I think that's fair enough, it's the sort of situation where everyone should be able to benefit from doing some good.

I hope they don't get too badly burned by any association with Jack.
Possibly, I am mainly neutral on Fareshare, but they are not too scrupulous about who they partner with, it may be a totally pragmatic choice on both sides, but a company overproduces food then gets kudos for letting someone take it away and noone questions why they are producing so much unwanted food? (well, some people obviously are, I am not Jack, so I am not going to pretend this is all my own work ).

I

Reactions: 23
I haven’t watched the Depher programme, so this may have been addressed, but I am curious as to how the BBC got wind of irregularities. Did the families or someone else contact the BBC? Or was someone browsing Twitter one day and it went from there. Or did someone browse Twitter after investigations started? Basically, what I’m trying to say is, there’s a good chance they will have encountered tweets about Guest.

Reactions: 27
After all this time, why would charities be bothered to work with her, they gain nothing. They cannot use her for endorsement before any campaign as there is too much clap back, they cant use her after for the same reason. She is bascially a dead cat and has absolutely no value to a company or their reputation. They would be better off, just letting her be. She is not getting anything out of it either, apart from pissing people off, that charities and others are wasting money and resources on her. She is pretty good a pissing people off, by just tweeting so why doesnt she just keep doing that and let people who can actually raise decent awareness have the space.

Reactions: 38
Jack was probably mentioned earlier today’s when Roadside Mum was saying her “friend” was targeted online. Anyway, if you’re interested in her as a side character, she’s currently being exposed as a bit of a fraudy not-a-traveller cosplaying liar on her own thread. Not really poor, quite well off, grew up in a house etc.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
The latest Private Eye has an item on Big Lin.

"A busy week for Linda Riley, publisher of DIVA magazine, Labour advisor on LGBTQIA issues, serial creator and dissolver of businesses, and one of the key figures behind the Jack the Ripper museum, which was pitched to planners as a "dedicated resource to women's history" but turned out to consist mostly of dioramas of them being sexually mutilated and murdered.

On 26 April the DIVA Awards, one of several lucrative prize ceremonies overseen by Riley's labyrinth of companies, culminated with the Outstanding Contribution to the LGBTQIA Community gong, which the mag billed as the "induction of one special person into the DIVA Hall of Fame". It went to...Linda Riley!

This came just two days after the inaugural DIVA film festival, which kicked off with a brand new documentary, The Life of Riley, devoted to, er, Linda Riley. The film got a glowing write-up on the DIVA website, which noted that "one of the marking features of The Life of Riley is its candid look at the life of Linda Riley ", reported that the director had to battle to edit it down from a "first cut over five hours long ", and upped the title race yet further by noting that "audiences waited in anticipation to learn more about the trailblazer who has often been described as the 'Head Lesbian of the World' ".

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 120

"A busy week for Linda Riley, publisher of DIVA magazine, Labour advisor on LGBTQIA issues, serial creator and dissolver of businesses, and one of the key figures behind the Jack the Ripper museum, which was pitched to planners as a "dedicated resource to women's history" but turned out to consist mostly of dioramas of them being sexually mutilated and murdered.

On 26 April the DIVA Awards, one of several lucrative prize ceremonies overseen by Riley's labyrinth of companies, culminated with the Outstanding Contribution to the LGBTQIA Community gong, which the mag billed as the "induction of one special person into the DIVA Hall of Fame". It went to...Linda Riley!

This came just two days after the inaugural DIVA film festival, which kicked off with a brand new documentary, The Life of Riley, devoted to, er, Linda Riley. The film got a glowing write-up on the DIVA website, which noted that "one of the marking features of The Life of Riley is its candid look at the life of Linda Riley ", reported that the director had to battle to edit it down from a "first cut over five hours long ", and upped the title race yet further by noting that "audiences waited in anticipation to learn more about the trailblazer who has often been described as the 'Head Lesbian of the World' ".
That's spectacular. Good old Private Eye.

• Haha
Reactions: 67

I just snorted tea down my nose

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Roadside Mum has deactivated. I don’t followed her as I can’t cope with that much drama (bullshit) happening to one person.

Reactions: 38

Head lesbian of the world? Is this an annual event or like a 4 year presidency/Olympics thing?
Do you get to vote or is it an inherited title? Do you compete in a Hunger Games style fight to the death thing?
I'm hoping it's some sort of medieval quest where you are set tasks and have to slay a dragon to win the hand of a fair maiden. Then you get to ride off into the sunset and wear a special crown with 'Head lesbian of the world' written on it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Jack was probably mentioned earlier today’s when Roadside Mum was saying her “friend” was targeted online. Anyway, if you’re interested in her as a side character, she’s currently being exposed as a bit of a fraudy not-a-traveller cosplaying liar on her own thread. Not really poor, quite well off, grew up in a house etc.
The other infamous essex grifter has battened down her salty hatches and deleted her FB glad they are all worried, they deserve nothing less

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I have one hundo percent declared myself Head Lesbian of the World back in the day whilst off my tits in Heaven or G-A-Y - probably whilst trying to convince the bouncers to let me in. Thanks Linda, I really needed a good laugh!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Head Lesbian of the World...I can't cope.

And poor guest was only voted the 17th most important...in 2014. She's probably slipped down into the low hundreds now.

1000003175.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Admittedly I live a very straight life but I had no idea there was someone in charge of the homosexuals. Every day’s a school day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 88
Admittedly I live a very straight life but I had no idea there was someone in charge of the homosexuals. Every day’s a school day.
Big Lin is only in charge of the lady homosexuals.

Us male homosexuals an an unruly bunch...a bit like Jack’s labia.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 99
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.