Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hoopdedoo

VIP Member
I didn't know what Depher was, being a rude colonial, but I just read the BBC story. Holy sh*t the similarities to guest are amazing. The strategic use of social media for tin-rattling, the deceptive imagery, the lack of proper accounting and record-keeping, the misuse of funds, the elevenrifing, the troll-blaming.....it's all there.

Tick tock, Jack. Tick f***ing tock.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
She hasn't learned a thing has she?
Trolls responsible for everything again. Ignoring the fact 'trolls' uncovered and documented what Depher was getting up to. Holding grifters to account is not trolling.

• Heart
  • Haha

Reagent

My dad used to cycle to work until he and my mum could afford two cars.
My dad too used to cycle to work as we couldn't afford a car. In rely frozen winter my mam would bring his bike into the living room and put it in front of the coal fire so the seat was warmed. True love 😂

• Heart

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
Don’t really have much to say other than the canal are a lovely bunch. Fraus and herren have shared all sorts but even though we maybe don’t agree on everything there has been support. Xxx

• Heart

EllaEm87

VIP Member
Just a reminder that jack monroe of the povs went to an all girls grammar school so has no lived experience of the poverty education gap.

• Angry
  • Sad

Florid Language

She's either developed a deep paranoia to people screenshotting her tweets or she's been told to be careful what she tweets and has taken that to mean nuke everything from orbit just to be sure after every session.

I never understood why she didn't buy somewhere in the 'burbs with a good transport link to London, especially as she's a freelancer.
With the amount of money she's had through her hands she could have bought somewhere in an unfashionable area years ago with a bit of hard graft.
I realise that writing hard graft is where my argument falls apart.

• Haha

Elsie Ben Felyn

Chatty Member
Now if you’ll excuse me, I got out of bed at 5am this morning because I’ve got work to do. If taking a few thumps on here means a wider reach for the message I’ve been tasked with delivering today, then thanks, I guess?

IMG_2077.jpeg

Also, people having a lovely day on the Internet, looking for the actual message Jack’s been tasked with delivering,

IMG_2078.gif

• Haha
Speaking of names, I always find your username amusing for some reason.

As I've said before, the plot of a certain folk song is a heck of coincidence if Jack had never heard it before choosing that name. A couple of parallel timelines over there's probably a smol pov pixie called Polly Oliver.
“Monroe like the famous author?”

“BOO I GUESS”

I will never stop finding her sheer level of self-delusion amusing. How does she seriously expect anyone to believe some of her stories? She takes it up too many notches to be remotely plausible

“My parents had some financial troubles when I was a child” - OK I believe you

“I was the POOR KID AT THE GRAMMAR SCHOOL. My shoes and bag were falling apart. I walked six miles home from school while my dad hitchhiked to work because we couldn’t afford the bus. He and Mum shared a tin of cold baked beans over a flickering candle while their foster children slept upstairs, the local authorities unaware of our dire poverty” …

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58

Lucky Escape

VIP Member
Maybe we can do we can do a poll on the next thread to see if the majority agree that deadnaming Jack is ok? She calls it deadnaming btw.
My feeling is that we shouldn't give her any ammunition to use in her defence.

Names are important - almost half of us will change our name at some point during our lives, and just over a quarter routinely use different names according to the situation. So, yet again, Jack isn't as special as she likes to think - and I'm happy not to give her the pleasure of making a big deal of it.

• Heart

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
Or passed out pissed. For someone who has their phone glued to their hand, claiming to be none the wiser about the lights is impossible.
---

This is basically a homemade version of an electrolyte drink. Usually used by athletes instead of buying expensive drinks that are basically just sugar, Salt and water. This will do nothing for the maladies she lists. Every tweet is either lies or misinformation.
I don’t understand why you would have a fridge full of it. Would you not just make a nice fresh glass of it when required?
I know she can Bench press the Queen (RIP) but ffs.

• Haha

Five hundred dogs

VIP Member
Like everyone else I hope the Depher exposure leads to a similar pice on Jack. However, even if it doesn’t every new grifter who is dragged into the spotlight helps people to recognise how they operate and therefore how to avoid them. This investigation might not directly lead to Jack’s downfall, but indirectly it’s going to make people more aware of this type of online grift.

• Heart