Jack Monroe #570 Delusions of Relevance

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well also bearing in mind we still don't know how much she actually got from the Sue Lee grift. It could have been tens of thousands. How much was it Rear Foo Foo Russ in Cheshire got for his court case? And he is much less well known than guest.
Just checked and he got nearly £20,000.
She must think people are bleeping stupid if they believe she only got just over £1k or whatever it was.
Also found this crossover I'd forgotten about.
Acknowledged and not minimising the immense privilege of a free £20k (or more), but that wouldn’t even cover 6 months of her fixed expenses, suspect you could halve that time when considering her other expenses like John Lewis, the Groucho, etc. To live how she’s used to she needs to be pulling in 5 figures (gross, if she bothers with tax yet) month in month out - the last year or so will have been a huge period of adjustment for her.

Controversial opinion but even the Nigella windfall wasn’t as big as I thought it would have been, so I doubt she’d manage to have saved from that to fund the down time…

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Controversial opinion but even the Nigella windfall wasn’t as big as I thought it would have been, so I doubt she’d manage to have saved from that to fund the down time…
I suspect that a lot of the Nigella money was annual donations with the discount. We've all seen guest's spending patterns, she would be completely incapable of taking that money and setting aside 11/12ths of it to cover future months. She's got money now, she spends it now. I think it would have been the same with book advances or anything else where she got a big on-off chunk of cash, she wouldn't have considered that money has to last and when you have a precarious and irregular income you need to set money aside for times of scarcity.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Do we have access to the patreon hack? Wasnt it just the case that someone out out her actual earnings. Dont most people have that stuff public.

Reactions: 18
I bet guest's mentality when she gets a chunk of cash is that it's just the beginning eg DKL was the start of her amazing TV career 🤭, the Nigella windfall through lying (the VBI) worked so she reckoned she could always do it again etc etc so no need to save for a rainy day. Her grifting and scamming had always worked so she thought there was no reason it would stop.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Jack actually reminds me of the stalker lady in Baby Reindeer...the bombarding, the projection.
Exactly. The wild leaps from vulnerability to creepy overfamiliarity, awkward sexual innuendo and then sudden aggression at the slightest perceived criticism. The fanciful lies that everyone knows aren't true but nobody calls out because they don't want to deal with the meltdown...
---
When guest returns, so do the
🧦🧦 defending critics of the
✨Comments Club ✨

View attachment 2897837
HAIKU!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Exactly. The wild leaps from vulnerability to creepy overfamiliarity, awkward sexual innuendo and then sudden aggression at the slightest perceived criticism. The fanciful lies that everyone knows aren't true but nobody calls out because they don't want to deal with the meltdown...
---

HAIKU!
See also, gross overestimating of own physical attractiveness.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I wonder if she watched the Australian Bachelor? There was a bloke on there a few years ago nicknamed The Honey Badger. He was a famous rugby player though and he didn't name himself.
I mean, for a person without a working telly she sure seems to get a lot of her inspiration from popular shows.
He advertised undies at one point, although no sideboards were involved, so they have that in common!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I think Honey Badger is quite apt. Looks like it should be cute and badgery but close up is more of a hideous weasel and (according to Wikipedia) will attack almost any other species when escape is impossible.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I suspect that a lot of the Nigella money was annual donations with the discount. We've all seen guest's spending patterns, she would be completely incapable of taking that money and setting aside 11/12ths of it to cover future months. She's got money now, she spends it now. I think it would have been the same with book advances or anything else where she got a big on-off chunk of cash, she wouldn't have considered that money has to last and when you have a precarious and irregular income you need to set money aside for times of scarcity.
Oh agreed - even before we had visibility of the data breach’s data we had known a huge proportion of the “Nigella cohort” were annuals just as we saw a big incremental step in losses on their anniversary dates. And iirc before the subscriber count was hidden she was pretty close to being back at pre Nigella subscriber numbers so had p much lost all of that gain/good will lol.

But I am genuinely fascinated in how she plans to make things work for her financially going forward. It’s a tough economy and she’s never truly entered the workforce before, she’s in for such a shock.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.