Jack Monroe #552 She's the cookery equivalent of termites

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
''Struggling to climax?''

You mean some people aren't aroused by graphic hagfish-eel-slop imagery? That some strange people don't find the incessant phlegmy honking of a blithering idiot desirable? Are there really weirdos out there who can't understand the eroticism of bland, white Cotswold furniture?

But no, I haven't had one of those ads. :ROFLMAO: Instead, I've been blessed with whatever this horror is...

View attachment 2604795

What is it though?

Because my eyes are open to the grift thanks to guest, I have some tea regarding Scottish rabbit rescues. Screenshots and evidence are in an FB group but basically avoid Baby Blue Bee Bunnies and Beloved Rabbits. It's come to light that both will keep donated funds instead of seeking veterinary treatment. BBBB isn't registered charity but pretends to be and performs illegal blood tests despite not being a vet or vet nurse. Once again, cruel people are using vulnerability to make money which makes me so angry 🤬

On topic guest is a bleep even if she is quiet.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
See, I think it's very, very hard to judge what's gone on behind the closed doors of an intimate relationship unless one is somehow witness to it.

We know Jack was publicly begging for PayPal donations during Covid when Louisa was living with her (and presumably sharing household expenses). But we don't know whether or not Louisa confronted her about it.

We know Jack admitted on Twitter that Louisa had told her it was a terrible idea to "crowdfund" a house. She tweeted about this quite sulkily, like she'd been told off.

We just don't know -- over the months of that relationship -- how many soft and gentle conversations were had, or outright shouting fights, about Jack's grift and wild spending. It's entirely possible that Louisa tried very hard to get Jack to stop the grift and change her ways. And it's possible that she tried to help by linking her up with opportunities to do an honest day's work through her media connections.

Jack tweeted fairly often about being chaotic and having put Louisa in difficult situations where she was juggling a new, extremely busy, job and Covid lockdown. Louisa has, to her credit in my view, never spoken about any of this publicly.

For all we know, Louisa threatened to (or even did) shop Jack to the authorities. Or that Jack's financial misdeeds were the final straw that broke them up.

As for Channel 4 doing a big expose of Jack's behaviour, I think it was always unlikely. Not because the newsroom would be protecting Louisa, necessarily, but because the story would need a lot more meat to stand up -- Jack is very small fry when you weigh up the public interest of all the other investigations Channel 4 does.

There was never going to be a big Jack takedown on TV, unless as part of a bigger item about internet grifting or something.

What we do know for certain is that Jack's easy access to the media has gone. She is no longer quoted as a subject expert or writing columns or having news stories about her stolen bank cards or her misgendering, or any other of the many things she used to spout off about.

And it's entirely possible that her cancellation has been partly brought about Louisa (and/or her allies) putting the word about that Jack is not an honest broker and is not to be platformed.

It might not be justice of the kind that involves handcuffs and a perp walk but, in its own way, it's solved the problem and removed Jack from the limelight. The punishment of losing her narcisstic public stage is a huge consequence for her and her ever-dwindling income, with no proper plan to develop an honest career path, is part of that punishment. That, combined with the Shattenstone interview (and who knows whether he did some background digging by talking to Louisa herself?) and the social media forces of Twitter, Tattle and MumsNet have crashed Jack's grift.

If I was Louisa, I would want as little public drama about all of this as possible. I would want to get hold of my life, recover my sense of self-worth, focus on my career and my meaningful relationships (including with SB), and put a firm boundary in place around any dealings with Jack. And it looks to me (from a totally outside perspective) like that's what's happened.
And Louisa recently had an audience with the new king and queen. Jack never knew how lucky and privileged she was when she was charging about Twitter whilst missing what really matters.

Reactions: 32
And Louisa recently had an audience with the new king and queen. Jack never knew how lucky and privileged she was when she was charging about Twitter whilst missing what really matters.
She's had so many opportunities, from her successful parents sending her to a good school to hooking her up with her first proper (i.e. not casual) job, to her various partners being people with professional links and money. Whether or not you view meeting the royals as a badge of success or not, the point is that it's only through her family or partners that she would've had this happen, not because of her own hard work or achievements.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I find it so hard to think about the sheer amount of people in her life that have enabled her, but also again as mentioned it’s really hard to know what’s going on behind closed doors. Especially with family members. Sadly, I don’t think Jack would be a mile away from using SB as a bargaining chip. This could also be the case with LJC as I know Jack has tweeted in the past they were close.

• Sad
I think Jack's ineptitude will be an open secret in all of the spheres she's managed to infiltrate, from publishing to food to TV to politics to PDF awards. Goodwill towards LJC probably did a lot of the heavy lifting. In person was the last income stream to topple because charities at opposite ends of the country don't network as much, are possibly more trusting/naive or don't have adequate resources for due diligence. Same for the big brands, surprisingly - although I think big brands and influencers have such a weird dynamic anyway.

Reactions: 33

Because my eyes are open to the grift thanks to guest, I have some tea regarding Scottish rabbit rescues. Screenshots and evidence are in an FB group but basically avoid Baby Blue Bee Bunnies and Beloved Rabbits. It's come to light that both will keep donated funds instead of seeking veterinary treatment. BBBB isn't registered charity but pretends to be and performs illegal blood tests despite not being a vet or vet nurse. Once again, cruel people are using vulnerability to make money which makes me so angry 🤬

On topic guest is a bleep even if she is quiet.
I had house rabbits for years and rabbit people are really, really into animal welfare. I can't imagine this has gone down well.

Grifters need to be rounded up and sent off to a colony where they can all take advantage of each other. Awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Her lack of self-awareness is just staggering whether describing her professional life or her personal one. It’s unfathomable that she seems to see this as a smol scampering pixie cutely having a chaos, rather than what she actually is; a self-centered self-indulgent selfish narc nightmare. View attachment 2604867View attachment 2604875View attachment 2604890
“Charmingly” glomming off multiple sugarmamas as she drags her little boy into and out of multiple homes during her short lived relationships.
View attachment 2604885

View attachment 2604898her son’s dad View attachment 2604886
See also the myriad times her “friends”, publisher etc etc have softly gently scooped her off the floor and coddled her. What a dreadful human being she is.
This is the self awareness I love. "I'm not difficult. Here is a long list of things I do that other people find difficult."

Even if she “found God” surely He’d be like… “oh duck off, love”
I love Bible Jack. Extra pompous and even less self aware than the above.

Screenshot_20231202-124325.png
Screenshot_20220619-132818_Fenix.jpg
Screenshot_20231202-134028.png
Screenshot_20231202-134243.png
Screenshot_20231202-201253.png
Screenshot_20231202-201315.png

Also how many times did she go to the US? She makes it sound like she was flying backwards &forwards every week

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
See, I think it's very, very hard to judge what's gone on behind the closed doors of an intimate relationship unless one is somehow witness to it.

We know Jack was publicly begging for PayPal donations during Covid when Louisa was living with her (and presumably sharing household expenses). But we don't know whether or not Louisa confronted her about it.

We know Jack admitted on Twitter that Louisa had told her it was a terrible idea to "crowdfund" a house. She tweeted about this quite sulkily, like she'd been told off.

We just don't know -- over the months of that relationship -- how many soft and gentle conversations were had, or outright shouting fights, about Jack's grift and wild spending. It's entirely possible that Louisa tried very hard to get Jack to stop the grift and change her ways. And it's possible that she tried to help by linking her up with opportunities to do an honest day's work through her media connections.

Jack tweeted fairly often about being chaotic and having put Louisa in difficult situations where she was juggling a new, extremely busy, job and Covid lockdown. Louisa has, to her credit in my view, never spoken about any of this publicly.

For all we know, Louisa threatened to (or even did) shop Jack to the authorities. Or that Jack's financial misdeeds were the final straw that broke them up.

As for Channel 4 doing a big expose of Jack's behaviour, I think it was always unlikely. Not because the newsroom would be protecting Louisa, necessarily, but because the story would need a lot more meat to stand up -- Jack is very small fry when you weigh up the public interest of all the other investigations Channel 4 does.

There was never going to be a big Jack takedown on TV, unless as part of a bigger item about internet grifting or something.

What we do know for certain is that Jack's easy access to the media has gone. She is no longer quoted as a subject expert or writing columns or having news stories about her stolen bank cards or her misgendering, or any other of the many things she used to spout off about.

And it's entirely possible that her cancellation has been partly brought about Louisa (and/or her allies) putting the word about that Jack is not an honest broker and is not to be platformed.

It might not be justice of the kind that involves handcuffs and a perp walk but, in its own way, it's solved the problem and removed Jack from the limelight. The punishment of losing her narcisstic public stage is a huge consequence for her and her ever-dwindling income, with no proper plan to develop an honest career path, is part of that punishment. That, combined with the Shattenstone interview (and who knows whether he did some background digging by talking to Louisa herself?) and the social media forces of Twitter, Tattle and MumsNet have crashed Jack's grift.

If I was Louisa, I would want as little public drama about all of this as possible. I would want to get hold of my life, recover my sense of self-worth, focus on my career and my meaningful relationships (including with SB), and put a firm boundary in place around any dealings with Jack. And it looks to me (from a totally outside perspective) like that's what's happened.
This has very beautifully summed up my thinking, SnarkHeart. Spot on.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
It's very strange that a retired parent whose daughter is facing alleged threats of physical harm doesn't accompany her to her speaking gigs because he's worried about her safety.
None of the fraus present at the events reported seeing him there.
Send Mr Potato Head instead who is trained in how to spot wilting micro-greens.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
A super quick Patreon update for December 2023 - behind a cut as always!

Jack Monroe opened December 2023 with 323 paying Patreon subscribers, down 10 on prior month (comprised of -16 lost 'on payday', +6 gained across the month of November). She's still 30% up on the 244 paying subscribers she had before Nigella's promotion.

Revenue is estimated at being ÂŁ4.0k if we use the assumption she's in line with Olia Hercules' avg per subscriber value of ÂŁ14.12, less most unfavourable Patreon deductions of 12%. As it's the last payday of the year - an even rougher estimate of annual income would be ÂŁ62.4k, but remembering that some will be annuals so paying 15% less, assumes a consistent blended average of ÂŁ14.12 which is just not how reality is, etc etc, it's super wooly.

Most interestingly is that the subscriber months (so basically, her active paying audience) are down 37.3% on prior year (which was up +126.4% on the prior year to that!) so the direction of travel is the right one :)

image.png

As a heads up January’s update will defs be a week or two later into the month apols, but on the bright side February may be an exciting one if any annuals accidentally renewed and are now leaving after year 2.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
Also how many times did she go to the US? She makes it sound like she was flying backwards &forwards every week
Didn't she say border control in the US were fawning over her and telling her she's a genius for the way she carried a bleeping skateboard?

Isn't it funny how she can't leave the house without being showered with praise and affection or threatened and abused? Or both, at the same time. Schrödinger's bleep.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
This is the self awareness I love. "I'm not difficult. Here is a long list of things I do that other people find difficult."

I love Bible Jack. Extra pompous and even less self aware than the above.

View attachment 2606276View attachment 2606277View attachment 2606278View attachment 2606279View attachment 2606280View attachment 2606281

It’s entirely possible - if the form you fill in on the plane you got when I went is still the same tiny print - that she missed the man or woman box to tick because I did and did indeed get someone who looked like a huge army sergeant asking me tersely on entry if I didn’t know if I was a man or a woman. I had very long hair, looked like a woman and have huge boobs. It’s nothing to do with her appearance imo. If it happened at all.

A super quick Patreon update for December 2023 - behind a cut as always!

Jack Monroe opened December 2023 with 323 paying Patreon subscribers, down 10 on prior month (comprised of -16 lost 'on payday', +6 gained across the month of November). She's still 30% up on the 244 paying subscribers she had before Nigella's promotion.

Revenue is estimated at being ÂŁ4.0k if we use the assumption she's in line with Olia Hercules' avg per subscriber value of ÂŁ14.12, less most unfavourable Patreon deductions of 12%. As it's the last payday of the year - an even rougher estimate of annual income would be ÂŁ62.4k, but remembering that some will be annuals so paying 15% less, assumes a consistent blended average of ÂŁ14.12 which is just not how reality is, etc etc, it's super wooly.

Most interestingly is that the subscriber months (so basically, her active paying audience) are down 37.3% on prior year (which was up +126.4% on the prior year to that!) so the direction of travel is the right one :)

View attachment 2606299

As a heads up January’s update will defs be a week or two later into the month apols, but on the bright side February may be an exciting one if any annuals accidentally renewed and are now leaving after year 2.
Thank you @heretoreaditall2019.

323 mugs being parted from their dough is still a nice earner for doing diddly squat.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 39

We don’t know what went on behind closed doors, but there’s a point at which public sympathy will evaporate even for someone who tried to reason with Jack and I suspect for LJC that point would have been after Jack was sulky that LJC had stopped her crowdfunding for a house.

Plus while admirable she stopped her, it also sort of throws a spanner in the “Couldn’t stop the grift” argument because clearly she could in fact stop Jack. The school apology that was clearly crafted by LJC also suggests she did have some influence over Jack. There are similar examples with her parents too actually so I’m not entirely sure it’s quite as clear cut as poor manipulated parents/LJC powerless against Jack and her desire to grift though I don’t doubt she is manipulative.

I didn’t think C4 in particular were ever going to do a big expose on her, but the risk of also exposing LJC remains no matter what outlet or paper planned to. And presumably she has contacts across a wide variety of places.

Reactions: 21
We don’t know what went on behind closed doors, but there’s a point at which public sympathy will evaporate even for someone who tried to reason with Jack and I suspect for LJC that point would have been after Jack was sulky that LJC had stopped her crowdfunding for a house.

Plus while admirable she stopped her, it also sort of throws a spanner in the “Couldn’t stop the grift” argument because clearly she could in fact stop Jack. The school apology that was clearly crafted by LJC also suggests she did have some influence over Jack. There are similar examples with her parents too actually so I’m not entirely sure it’s quite as clear cut as poor manipulated parents/LJC powerless against Jack and her desire to grift though I don’t doubt she is manipulative.

I didn’t think C4 in particular were ever going to do a big expose on her, but the risk of also exposing LJC remains no matter what outlet or paper planned to. And presumably she has contacts across a wide variety of places.
I agree with you that things are not clear cut. And we'll never really know the truth of what went on in Jack's family and her relationships.

The main thing is that the grift appears to be over, largely. Perhaps not a perfect trajectory towards justice but a satisfactory result on many levels. Jack is out of the public eye and she won't be able to con ordinary people into giving her money again. Unless she manages a massive re-launch, which seems unlikely and I don't reckon she's clever enough to do it.

Reactions: 24
Some more religion Jack. The story of Jesus & the money changers ( and dove sellers*) in the temple is certainly the only one she knows her favourite
Screenshot_20231202-211853.png

Screenshot_20231202-211930.png

*picture of a dove, for reference
Screenshot_20231202-212630.png

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Didn't she say border control in the US were fawning over her and telling her she's a genius for the way she carried a bleeping skateboard?

Isn't it funny how she can't leave the house without being showered with praise and affection or threatened and abused? Or both, at the same time. Schrödinger's bleep.
She craves praise from everyone, I think this is rooted in needing praise from her dad and grandad who maybe preferred or were too preoccupied with other children.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I hope guest doesn't relocate to Edinburgh... Celeryville... As she has threatened on occasion.

She'd no doubt feel more popular... A bigger fish in a smaller pond, and house prices are still a bit less than the South of England, as long as she doesn't want to live in St Andrews square.

I often see Ian Rankin in a local coffee shop, and if I ever saw him and guest together I would give her a hard Paddington stare whilst simultaneously smiling at Ian

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
She could always move to G-town and get called a bleep more times a week than she does on here.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I don't know LJC at all but have a few connections who have worked with her and she is very well liked, works extremely hard and has built long-standing relationships with colleagues like Victoria Derbyshire. Couldn't be happier for her that she's enjoying some professional accolades.

It's funny how nobody tweets these sorts of chummy pics about guest. And nobody has ever invited her on a charity bike ride, for example, like Louisa did with Krishmate a little while back.
LJC must look back on her time with Jack (all the histrionics, the throwing s tantrum every time LJC had to be out somewhere for work, etc) and absolutely shudder.

Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.