Jack Monroe #546 Kerridge = fingers, Sir Matt = forearms

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm still laughing over 1/4 teaspoon of chilli flakes. For 6 people šŸ¤£

I don't use a pressure cooker, does liquid evaporate much quicker with it? Just with 800g toms, bean juice from two cans, and only 300g of steak and two stock cubes to absorb the liquid it's going to be a watery mess, isn't it?
No, the opposite. You do need some liquid for a pressure cooker to operate properly, but just enough to create steam.

ETA: A couple of sources online say that too much liquid can make flavourless food. So that sounds about right for guest.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Just wanted to confirm that itā€™s possible to see paid Patreon subs separate from total followers, the Patreon tracker script uses paid_member_count so our revenue estimates are/will at least using an accurate subscriber count. Please lets not give her a bs ready made excuse šŸ˜‰

1697220518927.png

• Heart
Reactions: 72
I just grunked, and all I can say is thank duck we have something new to mither over.
Was just going to say this is a bone thrown into a content desert for the thirsty canal šŸ¦“

Have we triangulated the checked shirt from her hoard collection?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
šŸšØ #ShirtWatch update šŸšØ

02shirtwatch.jpg

01shirtwatch.jpg

1) Greenbelt
2) Various TV (the "filming shirt")
3) Bristol with Jay Rayner
4) Currys

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Losing the will to live scrolling through those woe is me posts, something wonderful happened when this View attachment 2507775
View attachment 2507760View attachment 2507773
Reminded me of this beautiful moment when @Orphan_Black requested and @Brian Butterfield delivered
From Orphy B
View attachment 2507762And from Bri Bā€™s Jack Merch Shop View attachment 2507763
Sooo much storage on a Nokia šŸ™„she must think we are thick as mince, and prey tell, how do you submit a manuscript to your publish from said Nokia?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Itā€™s already started over on the hellsite. Currys has been tagged - shame that Poppy, Poppy and Lucy from the social media team are already on the piss cocktails in Shoreditch. Itā€™s the usual suspects highlighting it, but the curious thing is that the replies arenā€™t. And to be fair, their replies are bleeping first class.
EAB082AC-5E40-42CC-AE6E-E4CCFFFC1E43.jpeg
408B0CB2-07EC-42A8-8149-47820B86C12F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Ninnies, we are truly blessed.

An unpromoted promotion including many of guestā€™s greatest hits
- shite recipes
- nonsensical monetary calculations
- barrage of typographic/editorial errors
- memeable imagery

All without the tedium of the grifter herself

ETA - Iā€™m actually in tears at ā€˜10 mins in a slow cookerā€™.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
Thank you so much for clarifying, Iā€™ve always thought it was one of the original Nokia 3310 and iā€™ve never been able to get my head around how she did it. I am a ninny.
Same! I always envisioned something like, ā€œChapter 4 - Snakeā€

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Surprised she didnā€™t include this culinary delight, one of her fansā€™ favourites by all accounts.

Oh, Brenda.
27E980C2-181B-45F8-9B4C-05B436D8EC17.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
How many times a month do you have to make that shite sounding chilli for it to cost Ā£77.60 a month? They don't say? Just "monthly cost"

The maths has got Jack's grubby fingerprints all over it. And these people publish it unchecked, ay eye eye.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Curry's run a pretty useless Xitter account but it IS updated most days. No mention of their Jack Munroe collab anywhere though.

It's almost as if they're trying to surf under the radar while also trying to flog a bunch of cooking appliances. Doesn't make sense on any level of any sort of PR campaign and surely the appliance manufacturers, Tefal, Ninja et al, can't be happy about a campaign that isn't splashed across all socials?
That BIB would make an air fryingly good thread title

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Oh Frauen, we have a guest shot of the Mediterranean arse plus Jack looking unreasonably thrilled while holding a sausage
Auntie Pat had her kitchen done. Trouble is, Dennis has put a lot of them gadgety things in there and she canā€™t work out how to use the bloody things. She tried to pop a Fray Bentos in that air fryer and it was a right mess. But sheā€™s invited us over for a posh dinner party this weekend with air fryer coq au vin. Just donā€™t mention the haircut. She got it done at the local college on training day and itā€™s still growing out.

They've cropped her Fuhrer hairdo out and spelled her name wrong.

Sad.
ā€œFood writer Jack Munroeā€ thread title nomination please.

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.