Jack Monroe #542 A dullard talking about Vienetta

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“Pre-fame”?!

Pre-meditated liar more like. Get in the bleeping bin, you wet wipe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
IMG_4356.jpeg
This 👆👆 is the kind of one-line zinger we should make into a meme so that any time guest pokes her head out on social media or some brain donor defends her in public, we can just clap back with an immediate take-down.
I get what you’re saying, but in this case the Soho Farmhouse was a corporate jolly that she was paid to speak at. She didn’t pay for that room herself.

Reactions: 24
View attachment 2446986
I get what you’re saying, but in this case the Soho Farmhouse was a corporate jolly that she was paid to speak at. She didn’t pay for that room herself.
I know. My point is that the dedicated archivists of this gang have so much info that exposes all the lies and contradictions. Like her saying on one post she was considering self-harm but then posts a pic of living the best life ever on the same day on a different platform. We have all this evidence.

It would be so great to slap that on one of her many silly selfies and create a meme to push back on anyone defending her.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
View attachment 2446986
She was paid to speak at! How can you go from turning the big electric hot water off. Again no understanding of how gas fired cental heating works. So cold showers, to being all good to speak to soho farmhouse attendees. It's all just lies

Reactions: 30
THIS. If you have actually been poor you hoard food not Vivienne Westwood and sideboards.
I also hoard things like shower gels ( NOT boiled down soap ffs - I also have loads of soap too ) , shampoo, conditioner, face cream. I get stuff on offer or for Christmas and birthdays or save for nicer items which last me ages. Just because I know what it’s like to be low / without these essentials ( and yes, an occasional treat like a mini facial done yourself at home because salons are out of your price range).

My saddest time ( for me personally, not connected with my kids or my mum ) was when a friend of mine gave me a £15 love to shop voucher for my birthday, so I could buy some nice shower gels, bubble bath etc so I could stock Up in Boots. She knew how hard times were for me just then. She also bought me £20 groceries ❤

Honestly recounting this is making me well up because I’ve faced real grinding poverty. Things are slightly better now on that side but I’m always thinking, “What if”. I do a lot of bulk buying of essentials too, because I’m scared we will be broke if something happens and we will have no toilet roll, or washing up liquid, or laundry powder.

It’s bleeping insane but shows the real affect poverty has on your MH. I would say the trauma of the things I’ve told you about tonight contributed towards the state of my MH now - cyclothymia and EUPD. See Jack,THIS is the real poverty hangover. It never leaves you.

I spend my money carefully as I can, to make sure my kids and I never have to face that again. No fancy sideboards, spenny fridges or Lux Puddle Scarfs here. bleep.
[/QUOTE]

I can’t not take as many sugar packets as I think I can get away with when I go out for coffee. See also ketchup packets etc. It’s ingrained in me if I grab a couple of extra then not only is whatever I’m having at that moment a treat but there’ll be a treat for home too.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Jack fam if you are reading, this is why you need to do something. Do a chaos. Call someone a bellend on social media. Accuse another MP of libel. Get in a proper fight with some rabid terfs (I'll be on your side!) Post some new slop. Post some selfies of you holding some new slop! Promise someone a recipe tomorrow because right now you're too far away from the Receipts Folder so you don't know if pepper cost 3p or 4p just now. Make up a story about crazed stalkers stopping you from being the new Bake Off host. Whatever.
You're much better off if people are talking about your current silly behaviour than reminding themselves of the awful stuff you've done in the past.

Oh and re her son's dad. I don't know anything about him obv but I have been close to a situation where a friend was dealing with their kid's other parent who behaved appallingly and it's so difficult, because you have to shield your kid from it as much as anything. Like, the bad parent would continually break the terms of the court orders etc, but they knew their rights and wouldn't hesitate to make life impossible if my friend slipped up in any way. And as I say the need to protect the kid prevented my friend from being able to do much because they knew the other parent could so easily ruin things if they got pissed off in any way.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Jumping from the past to say that I was shopping in Dunelm for my impending house move (that will actually happen, I haven’t packed for yet and am not sleeping on my sofa in preparation for) today.

Look at these lovely mini trifle bowls. Anyone got any gold spray and ashtray contents available?
IMG_6373.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 57
duck me. How’s this for a cynical dirty delete? This post only appears in the very earliest archives of her blog- I’ve never seen it before.

November 2012, Jack is full on campaigning for Fortnum’s to stop selling foie gras.
IMG_4375.jpeg
IMG_4376.jpeg
Jack basically provides a load of “research” (as in googled it) including digs at rich people and Gordon Ramsay(it must have been THAT MAN’s day off) and at the end directs readers to the petition
IMG_4377.jpeg

Less than 6 months later, Jack gleefully accepts an award from…Fortnum and Mason. She also immediately adds the logo to her blog.
IMG_4370.jpeg
IMG_4374.jpeg
IMG_4372.jpeg
IMG_4378.jpeg

When did Fortnum’s stop selling foie gras?

Not til 2021. Here’s ss of PETA’s article about it- spoilered for length (content is fine nothing graphic), and link to jacks original article in double spoiler
IMG_4368.jpeg
IMG_4369.jpeg
I’ve pasted the link to Jack’s full Nov post in the spoiler below, but click advisedly; as you’d expect, it’s pretty graphic and grim and includes a photo.
So I guess once she heard they wanted to give her an award she was absolutely fine with the whole “foie gras thing”. She certainly obliterated the November 2012 post like it had never existed and is still boasting about that award a decade afterwards- duck, it’s on agent Adrian’s web page.
IMG_4379.jpeg
ETA: Here’s her later 2012-2013 archive, with the petition post (and a tit-ton of others from both years) long gone
She really is an absolute bleep of the highest order in every single respect.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 82
Gawd, this "too old at 24" bullshit is so irritating. Completely aside from the fact that she would have no way of knowing she was being turned down for the job because she was "too old" unless the prospective employers had told her that, it was COMPLETELY bleeping ILLEGAL to discriminate on grounds of age since the Equality Act, which came into force on 1st October 2010, ie a full bleeping year before she left the fire service, so these employers would have been leaving themselves wide open, legally speaking, were it true. There's is no way this happened. We all know Jack was lying, but why the duck was the Guardian printing this stuff without so much as a basic fact-check? They wanted a pet pov, that's why, and they knew their readership were keen to be seen giving a duck about poverty but they couldn't very well be seen platforming any old Waynetta type. It's infuriating.

ETA - I got my first ever bar job at the age of 36. duck off with your bullshit Jack and just admit that you didn't want to do any job, full stop, never mind one that's so beneath you.
She only got told she was too old because they didn't want her. It was a safe excuse. I once got told that by a lad i got the courage to ask out that i was too old for him, i was 17 and he was 18. 🫠 luckily i got over it, pretty quickly! 😐 anyhoo it seems dear heart that even back then they knew she was hard work and probably unable to perfor simple tasks without complaining therefore they let her dowm gently.

I work with someone like that now. Always busy always complaining about how much and hard they work, where the rest of us just get on..... we all do the same if not the same job role, however a few of us a few extra roles in the job to undertake. She has none.

Reactions: 30
HH2 Boiling soap/solar lamps 31 July
Checks into Soho House farmhouse 16 September, 47 days later

View attachment 2446762
There's something about the affected self conscious pose and bad dress/shoes combo that's annoying me here. It looks like she is building up to go full Eliza Doolittle/gazing in awe at the big lights for the benefit of the squillionaires.

"Gor blimey guvnor, look at all that luvverly food! Oi avent et a fing since Whitsuntide. Oi wish Oi could ave bought a pretty dress but Oi sold all me belongin's to the ragman and...

(continues ad infinitum, squillionaire signals frantically for security)

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Growing up in poverty was tough at times but I feel more damage was done by being the scapegoat for my narc mum. I can really relate to binge eating as when young I wouldn’t know when my next meal would come. I was so skinny as a kid that I was probably malnourished and often the only things that kept me going was calling into my nans before school so she would give me breakfast and free school meals. Yes we were in poverty but my mum always had money to go out on the town every weekend. I too am a binge eater and hoarder. I feel super anxious if I get down to the last loo roll, shower gel etc and I’m currently trying not to hyper focus on the fact that my petrol is low. When I say low I mean just less than half a tank and I have money in the bank to buy more but until it’s full it will keep being a nagging worry in the back of my brain. That is what it’s like to live with the ongoing effects of poverty guset you vile, cos-playing, sideboard hoarding, spenny watch wearing, cnut 😡

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
duck me. How’s this for a cynical dirty delete? This post only appears in the very earliest archives of her blog- I’ve never seen it before.

November 2012, Jack is full on campaigning for Fortnum’s to stop selling foie gras.
View attachment 2447264View attachment 2447266Jack basically provides a load of “research” (as in googled it) including digs at rich people and Gordon Ramsay(it must have been THAT MAN’s day off) and at the end directs readers to the petition
View attachment 2447268
Less than 6 months later, Jack gleefully accepts an award from…Fortnum and Mason. She also immediately adds the logo to her blog.
View attachment 2447269View attachment 2447270View attachment 2447276View attachment 2447277

Not til 2021. Here’s ss of PETA’s article about it- spoilered for length (content is fine nothing graphic), and link to jacks original article in double spoiler
View attachment 2447275View attachment 2447273I’ve pasted the link to Jack’s full Nov post in the spoiler below, but click advisedly; as you’d expect, it’s pretty graphic and grim and includes a photo.
So I guess once she heard they wanted to give her an award she was absolutely fine with the whole “foie gras thing”. She certainly obliterated the November 2012 post like it had never existed and is still boasting about that award a decade afterwards- duck, it’s on agent Adrian’s web page.
View attachment 2447284ETA: Here’s her later 2012-2013 archive, with the petition post (and a tit-ton of others from both years) long gone
All principles are interchangeable

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
But…Old Chief said that particular occasion was traaaaaazers only, even on birds, so she couldn’t wear it to the party.
😢 🎉 🚒👗 ❌👖✔
View attachment 2446895View attachment 2446900
ETA “my pre-fame life”. LJC what a bleeping nob end.
She wants someone else to get "colourful, silky joy" from it?*

I hope that means that she dropped it a puddle for some other wandering pov to find.

*Why does that sound so fecking sordid? :sick:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Sending lots of solidarity, love and support to all of us here who are survivors of poverty, narcissism, abuse and anything else that arsewipe claims to be a “victim” of.

The Honking Bellend 🖕🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 35
THIS. If you have actually been poor you hoard food not Vivienne Westwood and sideboards.
I also hoard things like shower gels ( NOT boiled down soap ffs - I also have loads of soap too ) , shampoo, conditioner, face cream. I get stuff on offer or for Christmas and birthdays or save for nicer items which last me ages. Just because I know what it’s like to be low / without these essentials ( and yes, an occasional treat like a mini facial done yourself at home because salons are out of your price range).

My saddest time ( for me personally, not connected with my kids or my mum ) was when a friend of mine gave me a £15 love to shop voucher for my birthday, so I could buy some nice shower gels, bubble bath etc so I could stock Up in Boots. She knew how hard times were for me just then. She also bought me £20 groceries ❤

Honestly recounting this is making me well up because I’ve faced real grinding poverty. Things are slightly better now on that side but I’m always thinking, “What if”. I do a lot of bulk buying of essentials too, because I’m scared we will be broke if something happens and we will have no toilet roll, or washing up liquid, or laundry powder.

It’s bleeping insane but shows the real affect poverty has on your MH. I would say the trauma of the things I’ve told you about tonight contributed towards the state of my MH now - cyclothymia and EUPD. See Jack,THIS is the real poverty hangover. It never leaves you.

I spend my money carefully as I can, to make sure my kids and I never have to face that again. No fancy sideboards, spenny fridges or Lux Puddle Scarfs here. bleep.

[/QUOTE]

THIS ⬆⬆⬆

If it doesn't go off, (and especially if it's on offer) buy it in while you can afford it,

And any unexpected notification regarding money etc quite literally throws me into a panic. I can barely breathe, find myself fighting back tears, and am paralysed - it takes me days to get back into a state where I can take any form of action.

It angers me so much when guest writes about being afraid of brown envelopes, because I and many others are really terrified when anything "official-looking" lands on the doormat. And it isn't amusing. And 99% of the time it's nothing to worry about. Just an envelope from the water company saying they're doing repairs to the drains on Friday or something
---
Jumping from the past to say that I was shopping in Dunelm for my impending house move (that will actually happen, I haven’t packed for yet and am not sleeping on my sofa in preparation for) today.

Look at these lovely mini trifle bowls. Anyone got any gold spray and ashtray contents available?
View attachment 2447161
Before you buy them ALL, have you thoroughly checked all local puddles?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

View attachment 2447264View attachment 2447266Jack basically provides a load of “research” (as in googled it) including digs at rich people and Gordon Ramsay(it must have been THAT MAN’s day off) and at the end directs readers to the petition
View attachment 2447268
View attachment 2447269View attachment 2447270View attachment 2447276View attachment 2447277

View attachment 2447275View attachment 2447273I’ve pasted the link to Jack’s full Nov post in the spoiler below, but click advisedly; as you’d expect, it’s pretty graphic and grim and includes a photo.
View attachment 2447284ETA: Here’s her later 2012-2013 archive, with the petition post (and a tit-ton of others from both years) long gone
Jack: these are my principles, but if you don’t like them, I have others.

• Haha
  • Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.