Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

colouredlines

VIP Member
Is she really answering emails today, or is she busy adding a Shoe Size column to her triangulation google doc?

PS - she's so shit at answering emails, but a dodgy "photographer" invites her to be a model and gets her attention right away 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 42

Harrybosch

VIP Member
God, I foresee a day of tweets about Folklore. She truly is a teenager. Don't get me wrong, I love music, have some favourite artists, etc. But anyone over the age of 18 who goes on and on about 'greatest songwriter of all time' or shit like that just needs to shut up. It's boring as hell. Enjoy the music you enjoy, tell people you like the new album/song by xyz and then just shut up. No one cares.

• Heart
  • Haha

lilamay

VIP Member
JM acting as if she's such a massive fan of Taylor Swift - seems odd she's only just recently started following her, on both Twitter and Instagram. You can tell as TS is almost at the very top of her 'following' list.

• Haha
  • Wow

Tabitha D

VIP Member
Maybe a professional person has had a word about cleaning up her act. Maybe she thinks all the shite she’s done in the last few months didn’t happen if she deleted the Tweets.
Meanwhile, over on Mumsnet (where they’re really sticking the boot in), this was a rather good post that makes some good points about Jack:

Attachments

Harrybosch

VIP Member
Omg I’ve been meaning to ask you this because I’ve picked up ~vibes from your posts before - south London?

Also Irish and agree with everything said here, it’s very... peak white entitlement the way a lot of people mask wear. BAME people don’t have the privilege of being able to do that so suffer systemic injustices associated with being XYZ, it’d be obscene for JM to adopt yet another new identity to get paying work as part of the new world order, thus depriving someone who’s actually had to work against the grain. But she doesn’t care she needs money to spend!
Nail on the head. I'm not British, first generation immigrant but white. I have faced no discrimination in the UK. The odd ignorant comment here or there, but I guess most people get this for crimes such as being female, having red hair, etc. It's just life.

I did actually 'uproot' myself, and still I don't go on about it or wax lyrically about women in my village dancing round in dirndls and pouring schnapps. (Oh, yes, I am the original Hausfrau). Her view of Cyprus is so reductive, it's blatantly obvious that she has no true links. I'm always highly suspect of people who go on and on about their heritage. Sure, know about your family and your culture, but none of that stuff really defines who you are.

• Heart
  • Haha

Lanie

VIP Member
Personally I think the extra ways in which she asks for money is shocking. I don't think seen any other cooks doing it. Does she never not think of filling her boots.
If her books and other cooking stuff isn't bringing her in enough money to live on so to speak. She should really be looking at a regular partime job. Not asking people for money for a picture of soup.

Also I'd would say it's awful of her, but in actual thought it's her followers that are the silly ones. Why buy into to such rubbish. Who actually wants a picture of someone elses cooking? Seems like people are keen to party with the hard earned cash if they are willing to throw it away to fund someone else's lifestyle.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Effie22

Keep your eyes peeled for a new Twitter account in the name of Melissa Hadjicostas!

• Haha
  • Wow

chocolate choux

VIP Member
JM acting as if she's such a massive fan of Taylor Swift - seems odd she's only just recently started following her, on both Twitter and Instagram. You can tell as TS is almost at the very top of her 'following' list.
She suddenly would’ve become a massive fan of The Wiggles if they’d released a breakup album, I swear :rolleyes:

• Haha

panda_eyes

VIP Member
I have ten email addresses at last count, but only because I keep signing up for free trials of things repeatedly and need a new email addie to register 😂😂
Psssst! If you have a gmail account, you can put dots in the name which will look like a new account to where you sign up, but dots don't mean anything in gmail so will still go to your account, e.g. [email protected] and [email protected] will both go to the same inbox. I do a lot of sneaky signing up (I'm almost out of dot combinations now).

• Wow
  • Haha

Saint_clemmie

VIP Member
I see what you mean. From a layperson’s point of view and I’m literally NOT an expert, it doesn’t look healthy.

It wouldn’t be nice to be on the receiving end of that publicly, and you would hope that would maybe make JM less likely to do the same to other people 🤷🏻‍♀️
There has been some odd communication from them both throughout lockdown. Seems very strange. Just pick up the phone ffs. But then perhaps Jackie is too busy tweeting to answer texts/phone calls? 🤷🏼‍♀️

If my mum was following me on social media I would certainly be very careful to not alarm her (or anyone else) with emotionally charged, worrying posts. It’s so strange

Flumps

VIP Member
The Greek thing is ridiculous. My parents come from two different continents, and I was born and raised on a third. My dad was the son of immigrants himself, which throws another country into the mix.

I lived in a few places growing up, and now I am settled somewhere completely different. It means that my background is quite complex to explain (and actually extremely triangulatable, because I have a lot of rather strange countries in there!). I don't have much of a concept of "home"; anywhere I go, I'll be foreign - although I feel very welcome and happy where I live now.

Ultimately, though, I'm the product of my own experiences. My granddad left his home country to work on the railroad - I don't feel a rush of genetic nostalgia when I get on a train.

Jack has lived all her life in the same town, apart from when she was in London with Allegra. She speaks with an accent that is undeniably English. Even her wistful talk about her Greek name...Melissa is a lot less obvious than, say, Ianthe. Oh well. I suppose her Greek phase is less offensive than when she was torturing cats.
It's weird, isn't it? Even I, white-as-mayo (sigh) as I am, have roots from Ireland and Cornwall. But they are from my grandparents generation and I don't feel/think about them much at all. I'm fond of Cornwall, because it was the place of lots of lovely family holidays when I was young, but I don't get the feeling of home from it.

My spiritual (eyeroll) home if I have one, is where I grew up, the town that I can walk through and trace 30+ years of my life through landmarks and streets and knowing all the back ways to things. Where, despite its fairly large population I can't go there without seeing someone I recognise, because of all the years I spent moving through it. Hah, it's not a romantic place at all, no lemon trees and idyllic scenes, but I know it's part of me. But really, my home now isn't a place, it's the people I love and who love me.

• Heart

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
Well. As Jack hasn’t done a chaos today, and is just ‘embracing her heritage’ (and emo-ing and deleting), shoe talk it is!

I’m delighted that loads of you love DMs as much as I do, I live in mine unless it’s 100 degrees. Nobody in my area wears them, so I always feel a bit, how shall we say, Maverick?

Also love a good pair of Vans, always the slip ons. Once in a while I treat myself to a nice pair of limited edition Vans with some kind of funky pattern. Converse, too!

Work people dress v blandly, and the mums at the school seem to all float around in either full on leisure wear, or zip past in killer business attire. I’m more of a DMs, decent jeans and silk top type of dresser/smart casual all day. I got to a point in life where I just thought fuck ever wearing uncomfortable shoes again! I’ve gone from tottering about wearing skyscraper heels every day, to walking everywhere with bouncing soles. I love it 😍

• Heart

BWinter

As an assistant, in many ways you’re only as good as the person you’re assisting unless you’re really good at “managing” them. Purely speculation (but based on how I’ve seen the assistants of people with similar tendencies) IMHO corralling a person who is working at 100mph in a scattered fashion like Jack is incredibly difficult. You’d start doing a task in one way and she’d say you have to do it her way. She’d change her mind on stuff. You’d be the last to know about things. Constant crisis mode. Unless you are really good at handling that, you’ll just go for the path of least resistance and do what she says.
Anyway, as I was just browsing the thread, I did have a little chuckle at this ad:
04329F33-8499-428D-B15A-B97E6A7C1B4A.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

Harrybosch

VIP Member
Mine is a dotcom, I’ve had it for about 12 years! I don’t get the other emails often, maybe one every month or so, but I can tell it’s consistently the same person they’re meant for. I guess I should just reply and say it’s wrong and what is the actual address they’re trying to reach!
OMG, babe -SAME!!!. I have a Gmail with my name no dot. Have had it for at least 14 years I think. I have an uncommon surname, but a woman in the US has the same name as me and same gmail.com account but with dot (katesmith Vs kate.smith). The only emails I get from her are related to online dating sites and her Pinterest boards. She's about ten years younger than me, into fall decorations and likes beardy men. I've contacted Gmail about it, but they keep telling me it's not possible. I've sent them screenshots but they don't believe me. For the record and triangulation purposes, I don't live in Tennessee, I hate pumpkin spice latte and I can't stand beards. Why won't Google believe me?

• Haha
  • Wow

RamblerOfLandandMouth

New here...lurked a while.....have like some been a fan in the past but the narrative started to unravel some time ago (before DKL) and has spiralled since then....was still trying to give the benefit of the doubt many times around the dealing with alcoholism and MH but the recent kitten debacle was a tipping point...the current highs and lows and Kanye-esque twitter meltdowns have left me half concerned half dubious....Then the "freshly baked lies" of the spread and change of identity/return to identity really suggest that either some very intense professional help is needed or as previously mentioned the inability to control the narrative means she needs to abandon it and crawl back to a safer space /reinvent it. Either way the last 8 months or so she has left a bad taste that gets increasingly more sour ....this place is certainly an eye opener when the pieces come together!

• Heart