Jack Monroe #519 Adrian, we’re gonna need a cleanup in aisle 14. There’s been another bin fire.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Goes without saying that the book has never and will never see the light of day.
When you've quite finished... JACK IS DEEP INTO BOOK 8 - THE HUNGER NAMES.

001.jpg

002.jpg

see spoiler below for rough draft.

003.jpg

004.jpg

20230619_170252.jpg
20230619_170254.jpg
20230619_170256.jpg
20230619_170258.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
That very sad story that was linked here from the Manchester Evening News, about the *real* anti-poverty activist and her *real* healthy struggles, says way more about society's failings than does 70,000 words of guest's overheated bafflegab.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
The bin fire that is the hellsite is almost making me feel sorry for Jack.
Someone slap me.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Fiddling about with settings , and tracing loosely over the letters, my guess would be
Swamp ( soup)

Onions
Celery
Garlic
Black beans
Veg stock
Water
( plenty of ) black pepper
( turnip) greens or fresh spinach or ( frozen) View attachment 2251049
Sounds delicious 🤮
Rather similar to WW Winter Vegetable Stew 🧐. Though even less tasty, if that’s possible.

This recipe was my introduction to turnips. I waited 52 years to try them & wished I hadn’t bothered.

F0E474EF-B92D-4401-A0BB-A3FD324935BF.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
yeah you're right, but she said on the 17th that the chicken recipe went on 'today's [Saturday's]'. And 17th appears to have Swamp Beans.

I mean it could be on the lower half of the 17th page, we can only see the top half/two thirds
Oh sorry. I was mixing up snack chicken and swamp beans. Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd write.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Yeah, that problem has been raised by Frauen on this thread for years. PDMR and all that. At one point she was gathering people's stories of DWP traumas for a book she claimed she was going to write, and even claimed to have read coroners reports about people 'killed by the Tories'. It was Wrong in so many ways. Loads of Fraus called out how disgusting and problematic it was (I seem to remember a particularly impassioned and on-the-nose post by @MancBee ). And a few on Twitter expressed concerns too.

Goes without saying that the book has never and will never see the light of day.
Completely agree, I’ve often worried for people who have shared their personal stories with her and I’m 99% certain she doesn’t destroy personal data in line with specific legal timelines for data storage.

But it had only just occurred to me about the credit card numbers. I’m not suggesting anything criminal (m’lud) merely posing the rhetorical question…

Q: it must be incredibly challenging for a person who (as per their own admission) has regularly got drunk and chaotically spent money on high value items.(They confessed that they would have spent whatever money they had available to them (if I had a million I would have spent it, I’m a chaos)) to have had a lever arch file of credit/debit card numbers and not have used them during alcohol fuelled spending binges.

Just a question/mither not a accusation m’lud.

Reactions: 31
I know we all laugh and joke, but when you look at the amount of money that she (allegedly) raked in...

She's like a mini Donald Trump.
But with worse hair

( was trying to make a joke about her being a trump-ette, toot toot , but I has the dumb today )

• Haha
Reactions: 24
To be fair to her (which she doesn't deserve in any way, let me be clear) these were vegan yorkies I believe. Still rank in her incarnation, though.
The link doesn't work but the recipe is not vegan according to this comment:

Screenshot_20230619-174456_Opera.jpg

I missed a squig. Sorry, Aaron xxx

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.