Jack Monroe #519 Adrian, we’re gonna need a cleanup in aisle 14. There’s been another bin fire.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just deleted a post about Kickstarter. I got my figures wrong. Also, I’m going in on a deep dive into the figures and costs. See you on the other side, tenderspuds. Go well.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 77
I just saw the post in the other thread about her Le Creuset being stolen 😂.

If I was robbing a house with at least one Omega watch in it I wouldn't be bleeping about with the cast iron cookware, love.
Hahaha imagine a burglar - a guest-style burglar wearing a striped jersey, an eye mask, and a big bag labeled SWAG slung over their shoulder - trying to drag a cast iron cooking pot down the road. "Blimey, this old thing weighs a ton, I'd better scarper back quick-like and grab some of them fancy watches" etc etc

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Float Copulate like a hideously decaying butterfly, sting like a bee pin on a rotten corkboard

View attachment 2249449
Even though the Guardian published a long, long, long version and the butterflies were copulating over there too, View attachment 2249478 they didn’t publish Jack’s ESSENTIAL VISKERAL WORDS in their ENTIRETY, so she had to publish it herself. 🤭 Not that she’s at all bothered, like. View attachment 2249455 View attachment 2249495(thanks to @traumatised sideboard for the lovely template ❤)
what in the living duck does this actually mean, rotting corkboard, copulating butterflies, decay?
JesusfuckingChrist man, you’ve already said you’re linked together, then warring words, and now you’re bringing butterflies and a rotted corkboard?

genuinely though, she thinks she can write - I’ve never known anyone to write with more arrogance dripping off the page than JM. I write for a living 🍉 and I proof read tonnes of performative nonsense like this, mostly from well meaning 16 year olds though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Hahaha imagine a burglar - a guest-style burglar wearing a striped jersey, an eye mask, and a big bag labeled SWAG slung over their shoulder - trying to drag a cast iron cooking pot down the road. "Blimey, this old thing weighs a ton, I'd better scarper back quick-like and grab some of them fancy watches" etc etc
I was chuckling earlier imagining one burglar going to his associate "CAREFUL DO NOT DROP IT, THEY CAN SHATTER"

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Something getting on my nerves is the £300 on furniture in Shatty’s article when we all damn well know it’s more like a grand per bloody sideboard
I think that this downplayed, minimised version of events might actually be more damaging to her precisely because it seems less far-fetched, and is therefore easier to believe.

Tell someone that "she spent supporters money carelessly, and drunkenly bought three £300 sideboards she didn't even have room for!", and they'll probably nod their heads and agree that she stop fundraising until she puts things right.

But tell them that "she actually bought twenty-two sideboards, or sideboard-adjacent items such as dressers, tallboys, wine consoles, larders, storage benches, and bureaux" they'll just think you've cracked.

The whole truth is so grotesquely absurd that there's value in introducing people to it gently.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 80
Also - I cannot believe I am still here 3 years on from THAT MAN and the poor kitten and JM is still wanging on about the pov and being a general POS.

Reactions: 58
I was just trying to find something when these came up and since I had to see them, I thought the canal should too! (apologies if they've been shared before!)

I made the mistake of clicking his name and now feel like I've been peering through windows 😭

Screenshot_20230618-204833_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230618-210003_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230618-205210_Facebook.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 90
It’s so odd when it’s not how you operate. It’s hard to imagine anyone just straight up lying for no reason (I know the grift is a reason but what motive was there behind DEAD grandad’s Le Crusty ((much immigrant, such pov)) pans being nicked).

it all relies on it being so weird as to be unbelievable. She pushes too far though, and for everyone there’s a lie what done it. I’m a naive Frau so for me it wasn’t full on “oh she’s batshit, batshit” til the own goal in FIFA whilst SB clapped and shouted “huzzah mama papa, you surely are the best at this magical game on the special talky picture box!”

• Haha
Reactions: 50
"Worth a few quid, these... don't forget the lid!"

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Yup, the 'reverse rats tail' as she christened it. We revisited it a couple of threads ago. Shaved it all off apart from a handful at the front, like a flaccid unicorn horn.
Then she peroxided it and then put a silver wash on it. She then started plaiting it because when she took it out of the plait she looked like Helena Bonham Carter (I tit you not she actually said this)
I had completely forgotten about this haunted image but it is all flooding back to me now. I can't remember if the scary eyes were contacts or a filter. This was the era of the sideboard humping in LJCs discarded underwear (my theory on the grey bra and pants) There were also the photos of the teething necklace at this time , closely followed by the original salt with dried orange peel in them bottles.
I can't believe this is 3 years ago. Seems like yesterday.
I’m sorry, I just can’t stay silent anymore.
Jack did NOT call that hair tragedy a reverse rat’s tail, it was I.

I simply cannot let my peak 2020 covid wit carry on uncredited a moment longer (least of all, to Jack, for LJC sake) - gauche as it may be 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 129
I’m firmly not in the ‘lining up paracetamol’ camp, and actually it makes me feel really uncomfortable. She may breadcrumb that she will take her own life, I don’t think it does any good for us to suggest this is in her plans. If she wants to talk about, or talk round that to avoid journalists from writing about her, that’s her creepy prerogative.

in fact, if I can say, without sounding argumentative or challenging - I’m really disappointed that it has come up in discussions today. I largely find this forum to be quite gentle and kindly towards each other. Many are overly protective when things we’ve said on here make it’s way to Twitter or elsewhere - I don’t think the paracetamol chat is what you want to be known for.

<dismounts from high horse>

ETA: I’ve known 3 people who have taken their lives. Not one of them breadcrumbed about it beforehand. I’m sure many of you would say the same of the people you may have known who also took their lives.
I'm really sorry if I've upset you or anyone else with this.

I'm basing my thoughts on my own very real experience with a narc who escalated threats each time things got near to the knuckle for them and it did indeed culminate in an attempt. I've posted about this here before if anyone wants to check.

I might be projecting but it isn't true that breadcrumbing doesn't always result in an "attempt" It does, often. Wasn't saying it to disappoint or provoke, it's my genuine belief. The breadcrumbing isn't working anymore, no one is buying it.

I'll keep my thoughts to myself though and just lol at her slip to stay safe.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Her cookery is very reminiscent of US recipes where you just add a load of processed foods together. She should just copy them. The need to be "creative" means she creates the vilest abominations known to slop.
Look up Sandra Lee and her "semi-homemade" cooking as an example. And if you want a good laugh.

Also: you go, @StewPots ✊

Reactions: 24
On the royalties front - surely you only get royalties if you actually SELL any books... 🤔

(I didn't bother looking up any figures before I attempted to be amusing)

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I was just trying to find something when these came up and since I had to see them, I thought the canal should too! (apologies if they've been shared before!)

I made the mistake of clicking his name and now feel like I've been peering through windows 😭

Are the top two Guest? Looks nothing like her-look at the lips. The bottom one obviously is-god she’s a narcissist.

• Haha
Reactions: 31

She looks like the posters in one of those out of town centre hair salons that never go out of business but always look empty .

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.