Jack Monroe #491 Salmon Mushdie and the C-Litfest chaos

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone who films themselves crying and then puts subtitles on it before releasing It to the world makes me

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
I'm quite excited for the clitfest. I may take the day off work. I pray for live streaming. It'll be like a courtroom thing where people leap over the dock
Hats must be worn x
---
There's an item missing from Jack's Trauma List. I just remembered the time she got stuck under a train. Only escaped thanks to her Mediterranean arse which somehow lifted her back onto the platform. I'd love to hear Science Jack try to explain that one.
You beat me to it! Been grunking last thread and came straight here to say WHAT ABOUT THE NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE WITH THE TRAIN?

Reactions: 23
Talking of hats, one mont to go before the libel threat expires! Glorious day. I bet Lee Anderson is shitting himself 🥰

1F72760F-FDE9-423C-8B78-EE74FF3293A8.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Yes if they could stop her waffling on about her turgid and completely unreliable backstory that would be great. Instead pin her down to specifics. What exactly is she doing now campaigning wise. Again specifics instead of what she did in 2014. And the VBI. Do not let her quote the Pratchett passage at length as a distraction and then cite bleeping legs of lamb, but where it can be viewed.

ETA Have to say I 100% think if it were not for Tattle Jack would have quietly ditched all mention of the VBI by now (well I know she never mentions it but YKWIM). She would have scooped up the Nigella dividends and hoped everyone would have forgotten about it. In fact without the receipts here would gaslight like mad playing it all down and saying she had never promised anything of the sort.
Totally agree - and I would add that she must regret posting HH2 every single day. Hadn't it been for her greed, she would be still swimming in (stolen) cash.

Reactions: 55
I hate that Jack has made me so suspicious of the allotment lady. A year or so ago I'd have donated without question, but now, it's not a registered charity, I'm not donating. I think I'll make a small donation to my local community garden instead, which is a registered charity, and accounts are audited and published every year.
I think it’s great there’s more critical thinking and scrutiny due to Jack. It’s her one good contribution to society.

Reactions: 46
Talking of hats, one mont to go before the libel threat expires! Glorious day. I bet Lee Anderson is shitting himself 🥰

View attachment 2096670
Brilliant. I hope he has an absolute field day ripping the piss out of Jack on deadline day, and she gets truly humiliated for yet another bullshit claim to grift donations.

It's unreal to see just how quiet Jack's FMs snd defenders are - whether they've seen the light or been scared off by the growing dissent, it's nice to see she's got less & less support as the good ship HMS Grifting bleep sinks after hitting the HH2 iceberg 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
I’ve lived in Cambridge ⚠ it’s 99% tourists and students. Not sure who target audience is for clitfest.

Reactions: 36
THAT MAN being pretty inspirational on BBC news just now, talking about his new children’s book, his dyslexia, being in special needs at school, and being the most published non-fiction author in the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I hate that Jack has made me so suspicious of the allotment lady. A year or so ago I'd have donated without question, but now, it's not a registered charity, I'm not donating. I think I'll make a small donation to my local community garden instead, which is a registered charity, and accounts are audited and published every year.
I am exactly the same. I read it and was immediately suspicious. I will now always do the same as you @Witchfinder Sargeant find a local similar charity and give to them.

Reactions: 34
Imagine working something like clit fest and putting in the hours. Then finding out some has-been who had been stuck on the bill to fill time as a favour for a mate causing major ballache issues, then hearing they won't back out due to ',reasons' making your job indefinitely harder. How pissed off would you

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
In terms of these events that platform her doing due diligence- if that was gonna happen it would have by now. But what will happen because of all the clamour is they'll start to go god not jack monroe she's really hated and that will do the job for putting them off her. She likes to boast about her follower count but she can't even sell out an in person event.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
In terms of these events that platform her doing due diligence- if that was gonna happen it would have by now. But what will happen because of all the clamour is they'll start to go god not jack monroe she's really hated and that will do the job for putting them off her. She likes to boast about her follower count but she can't even sell out an in person event.
This!! If her cancellation comes as a result of the risk:reward ratio for people booking her being bad, then that's fine by me.

As long as she's deplatformed, forced out of the public eye (unless on Can't Pay, We'll Take It Away or Britain's Biggest Con Artists etc on C5), unable to gift money and has to either go to work or face actual hardship if she refuses to work, I'm happy. duck her, she deserves every but of discomfort, shame and pain that comes her way.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Cambridge is *very* spenny. Beautiful city though.
Just had a thought - Jack could add 'run over by a murderous cyclist' to her list of woes after the event.
(For the frauen who have never been to Cambridge: more cyclists than pedestrians, makes crossing the road an extreme sport).
There used to be rumours that if you managed to avoid the cyclists there was a 90% chance you would be killed by Stephen Hawking in his wheelchair as he went everywhere at close to the speed of sound
---
Really hoping Jack's got BBC1 turned on right now.
She's not going to be up yet......its before lunchtime

• Haha
  • Angry
There used to be rumours that if you managed to avoid the cyclists there was a 90% chance you would be killed by Stephen Hawking in his wheelchair as he went everywhere at close to the speed of sound
I can well imagine that! 😁😁😁😁
Nearly got run over many, many times by regular cyclists.😁

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Imagine working something like clit fest and putting in the hours. Then finding out some has-been who had been stuck on the bill to fill time as a favour for a mate causing major ballache issues, then hearing they won't back out due to ',reasons' making your job indefinitely harder. How pissed off would you
I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that office.

My many years in admin brain has read that response as them hedging their bets to answer the question as neutrally as possible and not come out and call their guest an exaggerator

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I've been BUSY so now have to catch up. I've seen the twit's tweets so I know I am in for a bumpy ride.
Wish me luck.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
I've been BUSY so now have to catch up. I've seen the twit's tweets so I know I am in for a bumpy ride.
Wish me luck.
Welcome back. I can hardly wait for your pithy take on the Clitfest fiasco.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.