Jack Monroe #474 She's gone on strike like the other essential services

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This encapsulates one of the funniest things about Jack to me: when caught in a lie she just doubles down in the most increasingly ridiculous ways.

Im happy to be corrected here but I’ve never Heard of Greek Orthodox cooking as opposed to just Greek cuisine? I AM Greek Orthodox and I have no idea what church specific cooking might comprise. Sure the women of the church take it in turns to make the prosforo, the offering bread, every week. But that’s it. There’s no magical separate Greek Orthodox cooking, what would it even be? A particularly pious pastitsio? A god fearing spanakopita with an eikon pressed into the crust? What, Jack?

She’s just making tit up cos she’s under attack. It’s so pathetic!! 🤣

@ScarlettOHaha I have always gotten Jack vibes off Truss and didn’t really realise it until you articulated it so thanks! Like Jack, Truss has “I was the golden girl in middle school and don’t understand why I’m not anymore” vibes. They are both physically awkward, in possession of an inflated sense of their own abilities and both have a tendency to blame shadowy hoardes of trolls/left wing economists when called out on their own failings.
It might be this one. Written as a fundraiser for a church in… New York.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Like the smol pixie Truss reveals too much about her sex life. That circle necklace she always wears is rumoured to be a subs day collar...sorry fam, hope no one's at brunch.

Another fave jack lie would be the Spanish inquisition style threats she's bombarded with. Like her sex appeal and talent they're visible only to her.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Like the smol pixie Truss reveals too much about her sex life. That circle necklace she always wears is rumoured to be a subs day collar...sorry fam, hope no one's at brunch.

Another fave jack lie would be the Spanish inquisition style threats she's bombarded with. Like her sex appeal and talent they're visible only to her.
I love Jack's adventures in Ye Olde Southend. Begone bleep and SHUT YOUR LEGS! Her life must be so interesting, going for a bus and a man in a top hat appears and says "Methinks those tattoos are unbecoming for a lady. SHUT YOUR LEGS".

• Haha
Reactions: 70
The prison lie has reminded me of the visiting the poorest towns across England. Oh and working with rural communities in Scotland. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 51
The lie that gives me the rage is the one about her saying she was helping prisons and prisons with food. All her terminology was completely wrong - almost like she’s gained it from watching OITNB or other American prison telly. It was such obvious bullshit.

Favourite lie was the hunky tree surgeon.
Recipe for making Doritos tamales with commissary was a good one from YaaHaw USofA Jack. I bet Strangeways had a big run on Doritos in its “commissary“ that week!

Other brilliant lies include her lips, and her dad being mistaken for George Michael in the 80s.

I think she had a cookbook made by her local? Greek Orthodox Church with Dusty Aunt Helen from Portsmouth’s recipe in, therefore she Thinks all churches make recipe books?

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Reading all the things she has said over the years makes you really see it for the stinking pile of embellished/made up horseshit it is.

I think it will be extremely difficult to salvage what reputation she has at this point. She needs to stay clear of social media. Lots of the work she claims to do do not require her to be on social media anyway. The cooking thing is done. There are so many decent cook book authors coming through, she really can't compete. She knows however that the cashos will dry up unless she toot toots periodically on social media. It's a vicious cycle made by her own greed.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
she must have gone straight to the event from when she's being Jackie, who covers her tattoos whilst helping at the food bank
actually the more I think about it, this may be my favourite whopper because it is genius in its own way - nobody in the Southend area has ever mentioned Jack volunteering with them? THAT'S BECAUSE SHE WEARS A DISGUISE SO MAGNIFICENT NOBODY COULD RECOGNISE HER.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Anyone else thinkingits about time she asks the local maccies if they could train her up, she cold start with mopping the flooor and working her way up to washing lettuce if she plays her cards right.

Ps not Knocking anyone who does they jobs in real live. Got a lot of respect for anyone who does any job. Its just to watch her rage mop the floor on the daily would be hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: 41

It’s Liz T’s earrings, they really annoy me. She does have Jack vibes.

Reactions: 23
I fkn love it when she’s in hiding. This is the funniest place on the internet.Stay away Jacksie please. To clarify KEEP BREATHING but just not over us thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
That’s a perfect example of her tricksy language. Ha I said that this was the first time I had ONE cat! I didn’t say it was the first time I had ANY cat! Shut up troll 🤬

FFS can you imagine what she’d be like to live with? Arguing over every petty point. Making up stupid pointless lies about everything. She’d just drain all the words out of you
She does this lots, doesn't she? Says something which, when read normally, would be a lie - but it's just about possible to read in a way in which it might be truthful. If she'd wanted to be clear, she could easily have said "I've only ever had one cat at a time before". But she didn't.

In general, I think she employs three broad types of lie:

1) Lies based on fantasy
I think she often invents or embellishes stories in her head which either feel true, or feel like they should be true. Maybe she's upset or ashamed or embarrassed about something that happened, and she comes up with a fantasy of how things would have played out if the upset hadn't occurred.
I think these are similar to pathological lies - and, at the time she tells them, she thinks they're so close to being true that she doesn't feel like she's lying at all. They're also the lies that are the easiest for other people to spot - and they've tripped her up often. "Big Dave fired his cannon in the street" is a good example of the type.

2) Lies based on obfuscating or deflecting or paltering
I suspect these are a learned reaction to being called out over the first type. So she tells a lie based on fantasy, and then reflexively covers it in a layer of tricksily-worded indirection. With these, there's often a possible interpretation of her words that contain a grain of truth, but it wouldn't be their natural meaning. She uses them to build 'gotcha' traps to pre-emptively discredit anyone who might call her out, and to give ammunition to her stans.
Although she tells these deliberately with an intent to deceive, she doesn't believe they're actually lies - and she gets extremely upset when people accuse her of lying because of them. "I've only ever had one cat" is a perfect example.

3) Lies that benefit her, or harm or upset a specific person
These are the nastiest, are often broadcast the most widely, and are the hardest for outsiders to see. Without specific knowledge, they look like they might well be true - and that specific knowledge might only be held by one or two people, who now can't say anything because it would bring them into conflict with literally millions of people who believe the lie. Basically an extreme form of gaslighting, and usually told deliberately.
I suspect her parents and SB's dad have been frequent targets. SB too, probably. Likely LJC during their relationship as well. Many stories about her childhood and upbringing would fit in this category, as would the 2019-era alcoholism stories in the Guardian, and aspects of HH2.

• Heart
Reactions: 103
Today’s Wordle, it’s what Jack claims to have spent years studying.
It’s been taken over by the cable.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Wasn’t this quite soon after Harold’s brutal dumping left her holding the shards of her heart together yadda yadda? I think there was speculation he might have paid for the dog or gone halfsies, hence “I didn’t pay for the dog”. Tricksy.
Harold LEFT on 19th June (she deactivated her Twitter “for a bit” aka about 6 hours, if that). Poor Content ARRIVED on 21st June
BACA2F66-3413-429B-9C51-D956FA04DE09.jpeg
2DFEDFC0-4928-464D-A8B3-7A738DEA5BDF.jpeg

If you’ve not seen the vid in this link at bottom, it’s posh voiced Jack manaically cackling, honking, sniffing and telling her little boy to pick up litter while the dog romps in front of the shed she’s utterly fucked up and poor Coopsy cat sits thinking WTAF. If you can stomach the sound of that, it’s def worth a watch
579DA845-20F3-4D01-8367-979DD29E92CB.jpeg

(Screenies and vid from @Marmalade Atkins)
ETA the state of that garden and that shed. The poor woman who owns that house is going to need a lot more £ than Jack’s deposit to put everything back together again.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.