Jack Monroe #458 This addled lie factory is on another level

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm the opposite of smol both in terms of height and weight. When I tell people how much I weigh they don't believe me as I am much heavier than I look. I carry my weight quite evenly and I have a lot of muscle. I've seen women far larger than me size-wise who weigh much less. Weight is something that is subject to so many factors. (It's one of the reasons I hate BMI but thats another story

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I think that makes it even WORSE, how can you read that book and still not salt anything you make?!

At least in the "chicken" wrap recipe posted above she's preheated the pan and oil, but coconut sugar? I'm a very keen cook and baker and routinely buy obscure ingredients but never come across coconut sugar before. Also a personal thing but I bloody hate fake meats, a similar recipe with tinned black beans (fried for a few mins only ofc not sogged up) would be cheaper, healthier and tastier imo.
when jack includes random ingredients like coconut sugar it feels like the culinary equivalent of over-using a thesaurus to the point of it making no sense.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I think that makes it even WORSE, how can you read that book and still not salt anything you make?!

At least in the "chicken" wrap recipe posted above she's preheated the pan and oil, but coconut sugar? I'm a very keen cook and baker and routinely buy obscure ingredients but never come across coconut sugar before. Also a personal thing but I bloody hate fake meats, a similar recipe with tinned black beans (fried for a few mins only ofc not sogged up) would be cheaper, healthier and tastier imo.
I've never used it but you see it a lot in health shops. It's claimed to be marginally healthier than sugar although there's some doubt about this. Either way it's quite pricey and seems a very odd thing to add to a thrifty cook book.

• Angry
Reactions: 39
10 stone? Err don’t think so, 10 stone at 5’1 would give her a bmi of 26.5, putting her into the overweight category (which she quite clearly isn’t). Why lie?!
because she lies about virtually everything at this point, despite there being no advantage and even causing her a disadvantage. I agree fully with everyone who’s said it’s pathological. And yes, looking at her build she’s clearly either nowhere near ten stone or at least six inches taller than she always claims to be.

(And Jack, while we’re on the topic of your height, imperial measurements aren’t divided with decimal points, so please just either learn what an eighth of an inch is or shut up.)

Having a slow and frustrating day today waiting for people to send me essential info I need to get things done, so thank you all for keeping me awake/entertained, while I draft emails I won’t send complaining about stupid and badly thought out organisational processes that clearly don’t sodding well work, unless your idea of “work” = be pointlessly inefficient. (Hmm, maybe Jack is secretly in charge of the team I’m trying to work with here?!)

Right, going back to drumming my fingers and banging my head on my chair now.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
*Waves emphatically* Hello fellow PCDers! Can we set up a pro-PCD thread on Tattle?? Is there such a thing? I don't mind the FB group but it can be a bit cringe and flouncy (and, dare I say it, neck-beardy...)
I'm having somewhat of a chaos posting this behind spoilers and can only remember these two as fellow PCDs so please let me know if anyon else would be keen, and also if any of you know how to actually do this (if you want to!). @noweverythingsucks @Gentlemensrelish

• Heart
Reactions: 13
On the previous thread, @SendReceive asked about Jack's claims of having mailed the Patreon rewards out:

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 10.43.24.png

Jack claimed she had done this in the Guardian interview, which she did on the 11th or 12th of December:

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 12.49.18.png

She then claimed that she had 'just' sent them out on 20th December, strongly implying that what she had sent included the international ones as well:

Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 18.12.35.png

Then on 7th of January, she contradicted all of this and said she hadn't posted the international ones after all, blaming the striking postal workers:

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 13.10.09.png

No-one has been able to find any mentions of people receiving their rewards, and a couple of people who claim to be current subscribers have said in the last week that they've not received anything yet (though it's impossible to verify their claims).

Finally, the one reward that we can track (indeed, the only reward for those subscribers on the ÂŁ3.50 tier) is the discount code which is supposed to be provided at the beginning of every month on Patreon:

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 13.16.12.png

However, nothing's been posted on her Patreon page since her apology for not fulfilling rewards on October 30th:

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 13.17.32.png

There should have been three discount codes provided by now, and two at the time of the Guardian interview. It would have taken 30 seconds to check this, but Shattenstone doesn't seem to have bothered.

Conclusion: She's lying again. Also, she's a boring old coke hag.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 99
She cooks the scrambled eggs for 6 minutes!! And then!! Then adds a load of mayo?? Wtf! So they’re rock hard and won’t have the mayo cooked through them, just like a sauce on the outside?? What. The. Hell.

Yes, Jack, let’s start talking about your tit recipes!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 71
Bet she didn’t make those for Leggy’s soirĂ©es. ‘What ho Horatio! Chew on a pizza crust while I bbq the pheasant!’
I read that as "To make a trifle, put tomato and basil on a frozen pizza base.."

ETA - The attachment is missing so my post makes no sense đŸ€Ș

• Haha
Reactions: 32
*Waves emphatically* Hello fellow PCDers! Can we set up a pro-PCD thread on Tattle?? Is there such a thing? I don't mind the FB group but it can be a bit cringe and flouncy (and, dare I say it, neck-beardy...)
I'm having somewhat of a chaos posting this behind spoilers and can only remember these two as fellow PCDs so please let me know if anyon else would be keen, and also if any of you know how to actually do this (if you want to!). @noweverythingsucks @Gentlemensrelish
PCD rave thread would work I guess? Or an ‘off topic’? Would do this but as proven by my absolutely failure this morning, I cannot start new Freds.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I've never used it but you see it a lot in health shops. It's claimed to be marginally healthier than sugar although there's some doubt about this. Either way it's quite pricey and seems a very odd thing to add to a thrifty cook book.
It's also just such a hassle trying to find things like this. If your audience is mostly people who want cooking to be simple, quick and stress free it's so unhelpful to include this sort of niche ingredient.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.