Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Birditer29

Question for those of you who have been here a long time: how does she not just depress the fuck out of you to the point of despair? I’ve been active for about 6 or 7 threads and i’ve had it with her. It’s not good the soul; I feel I need to switch off from her. You are all way more resilient than me! I’m a wee ❄ in the grand scheme of it all.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 83

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
That dessert fork is from the Arthur Price 'Olde English' collection, currently £322 for a 6 person set on John Lewis but previously £180 from Ocado in September 2018 (source: my shopping receipts. I also have the same Sophie Conran crockery as her, which is from Ocado at roughly the same time. I feel like burning my kitchen down).

Paging @That Forensic Man
🕵️‍♀️ Right! That’s it!

If you also have the same Moscow Mule mugs as her, I put it to you that you DID NOT actually encounter her on Tinder at all, and that you, dearest @Lucky Escape, are in fact
OLD HAROLD!!!

• Haha
  • Wow

Emmapism

VIP Member
Whenever Jack gives it the big 'un about all the opportunities she's got coming her way I just think back to years past. The excited teething necklace grinning after DKL or whatever the shite it was. The series that had been 'years in the making' and turned out to be some appallingly put together VTs on Lorraine. Toot Tooting about the shop like any of it made any kind of difference.

None of it (like Jack herself in fact) ever amounts to anything at all. She's great at creating a smoke screen. The veneer of success. The appearance of 'aren't I doing wonderful things for the impoverished'...

But give it a couple of weeks and she's rattling the tin again like the pathetic no mark spendthrift she is.

So go on Jack. Toot away. Keep the begging bowl out. Because it will serve as a constant reminder that you're neither thrifty enough nor clever enough to be making a living without relying on handouts from well-meaning but dim followers.

• Heart
Fraud, I want to say a huge thank you. In order to avoid 🍉 myself I won't go into details but tomorrow I have an event that has been making me feel so anxious. This forum has kept me entertained and taken my mind off it. You are a lovely bunch of people. Wish I knew you all irl but thank you ninnies. Now fuck off! 😚

• Heart
Reactions: 82

streby

Chatty Member
"I don't use salt in my cooking" explains A LOT. Also there's a nonsense recipe in Tin Can't Cook where she bangs on about being a "salt fiend" and then has a recipe that's clearly stolen Inspired by another chef that's got loads of salt, yet no salt in virtually all her other recipes including the breads. She's a shit cook, has been shit for years, very little knowledge or technical skill and really REALLY needs calling out for it. It's appalling that her books are being given to people with little food or money to waste on nonsense slop confections that don't work or require significant cooking know-how to make palatable. I'm genuinely angry about this, she is a disgrace to the field.
It's very telling that people who attempt a JM recipe and end up with something inedible almost always conclude "I must have done something wrong, I can't have followed the recipe correctly, perhaps I am just a bad cook" because it's so unthinkable to most people that a recipe book, especially one by an author of multiple recipe books, might have recipes in it that simply don't work. "Surely," we think, "someone would have noticed before publication?"

I don't think anyone tests Jack's recipes. I don't think even Jack tests Jack's recipes. I think Jack "researches" on Google, writes down something that looks like it might work, then she makes them and takes a photo of the results, but I don't think she actually eats them at any point. Then to save money she tells her publisher that she's had them tested and they nod and thank her for how much good she does and then publish a book full of nonsense. Next step is the media, who assume like the rest of us that these recipes must actually work, but they're not going to try and actually make a plate of Sardine And Peach Curry With Jam because it sounds horrific, but they'll add their stamp of approval anyway because The Poor will probably eat that muck and it's bound to be better for them than the fishfingers and chips that they all waste their money on.

It's "Let them eat cake!" but instead of cake it's Lentil And Breadcrumb Lasagne that doesn't even work.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 82

smolscrubb

In a different timeline, JM would have just gone on 'Come Dine With Me' and served stock cube 'n' bean soup, mandarin curry, and prune dessert; bored everyone senseless with talking over dinner about how pov she was (whilst the guests poked round her bungalow and found x1000 teaspoons/rusty jars and three freezers); and come last, and that would have been the end of that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81

AndrewsDaddy

Chatty Member
I do wonder if Jack has missed a trick like those 1980s build your own adventure books but with recipes.

do you add a) prunes (go to page 13) b) 400ml of stock cube stock (page 20) c) sardines (page 22)

do you a) gently boil for 90min (page 45) b) preheat oven and back for 90min (page 47) c) cover and put in freezer (page 51)

after opening the tin do you a) rinse ingredients b) blend contents in nutribullet c) throw away ingredients and make egg ring

add a flavour a) mixed spice b) chilli c) tumble dryer fluff

add an acid a) malt vinegar b) Lemon juice c) bleach

add a tin a) baked beans b) peaches c) anything from Cuprinol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
I really need to see the chicken porridge. I can’t believe it exists, in my mind I was picturing porridge with chicken drumsticks poking out. However I believe it might be oats mixed with a stock cube. Which if true, is just unbelievable.

Do you have evidence of this possible culinary abomination?
Here’s one from the OG recipe back in 2020
9B27BD80-B325-415F-9A04-B5CA5663A9F0.jpeg

She is SEVERELY ILL so made it out of a tin of chicken soup. That she put oats, turmeric, coconut milk, butter and an egg-ringed egg into (yes that’s an egg, not an inexplicable ice hockey puck) Rather than just, y’know, eating the chicken soup.

Here’s the nonsensical woe is me bollocky bullshit that accompanied it. Lol tell me you’re fucked off your chump on gak without telling me you’re fucked off your chump on gak. What a stream of consciousness nonsensical load of wank this is
8A66D60F-D559-4742-98BC-113E031E5F98.jpeg
6079FA0F-22C5-4AAE-BF0C-2EBE1E8ECAEC.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 80

Lucky Escape

VIP Member
View attachment 1870638

OK let's talk about the food Jack. Why is the ice cream in the bowl and on the inexplicably upturned cone a different colour from the one in the tin? Why is one lot served in a slice on a plate and being eaten with a fork? Who eats ice cream with a fork?
That dessert fork is from the Arthur Price 'Olde English' collection, currently £322 for a 6 person set on John Lewis but previously £180 from Ocado in September 2018 (source: my shopping receipts. I also have the same Sophie Conran crockery as her, which is from Ocado at roughly the same time. I feel like burning my kitchen down).

Paging @That Forensic Man

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 80

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
She's awake and has jumped straight on Twitter with a stinking, arrogant attitude. Because that'll be good PR right there.👍 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Jack's most recent 'like', re. the book she loves so much

Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 09.07.42.png

Led me to this

Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 09.07.21.png

And this

Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 09.09.31.png

So all in all, seems like another great recommendation from Jack 🙃

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 79

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Question for those of you who have been here a long time: how does she not just depress the fuck out of you to the point of despair? I’ve been active for about 6 or 7 threads and i’ve had it with her. It’s not good the soul; I feel I need to switch off from her. You are all way more resilient than me! I’m a wee ❄ in the grand scheme of it all.
I found it more frustrating in the early days I think. She had zero criticism from anywhere, if anyone did try and say the slightest thing negative about her they just got piled on and hounded off twitter 🤷‍♀️. It was just us, spotting all the lies and bad behaviour and everyone else just labelled us trolls/bullies/mavens etc (I'd forgotten about mavens 🤭) and stuck their fingers in their ears. Now it's different, and yes it's still depressing at times, but when you look back, there's been huge progress. Plus when it gets frustrating that she's being given more undeserved opportunities and she's giving it Billy big balls toot toot - take heart, she'll run away with herself again and fuck it all up! She does every time. And each time, more people see her for what she is, and that's where we are now.

• Heart
Reactions: 78

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Hi, I'm new. I've been lurking for a while as I was unsure about the site but on these threads you've won me over as you are mostly funny and intelligent. What has prompted me to post, ridiculously, is the bread and jam ice cream. This one doesn't sound that bad to me: brown bread ice cream is really nice, so it could work if the recipe works. (It probably doesn't.)
Fancy trying it and adding the results to the slopalong thread?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78