Jack Monroe #452 Pulped Fiction

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, I just got new buildings insurance because I OWN my house and I have a MORTGAGE and I have to have buildings insurance.

I had to tick boxes saying I didn't have any ccjs, etc.

So I'm calling it based on this. She's buying outright. I know you tender ones have already said that, just adding my $0.02.
Could be buying outright which would explain the one bedroom flat when she could easily pay rent on a two bed.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Didn't she have a 'big scary meeting' a few months ago and some weird dry run for getting a mortgage and then tweeted that it wouldn't happen for a few years?? So if she is buying, is she doing it for cash?!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
*runs in* have we covered the TT distancing themselves from the book yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
A massive health warning as it's from a small anon account and whilst I am not a lawyer I don't think some of these claims would fly but someone has tweeted this at Jack.

Screenshot 2023-01-06 15.22.19.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 73
No more crappy bungalow.
No more stair chaoses.

Here's a repost of some Jacks on the stairs of the crappy bungalow, for old times' sake.

shittybungalowjacks.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 118
I think I need to take a break from Jack and her whining. Downsizing from an unnecessarily large rental to either another smaller rental or purchasing a new allegedly smaller property might be stressful but like most of Jack's apparent stress including the bonfire of the vanity that is her book launch, it is of her own choice, her own making. Many of us on here are facing stresses but we just get on with life as we have no choice. I'm currently coping with learning that after a year of treatment my father's lymphoma has become high grade and needs chemo...but he can't get that until he has radiotherapy for a newly discovered lung cancer ( in a former life I was a lung cancer nurse so this feels particularly crappy). He lives a 4 hour drive from me so I can't physically support him and my mum as much as I want. I have two children with additional support needs one of whom is now awaiting ADHD assessment, I work part time and I'm currently studying and juggling essays and placements and my poor old Harold works all hours too. To put the tin lid on things my handsome and sometimes grouchy cat was diagnosed with lymphoma just before Christmas. I'd willing tackle Jack's stress for a month. Do you think she'd do a life swap (I wouldn't swap for all the tea in China because unlike Jack I love my family and would do pretty much anything to keep them all happy and safe). Anyway merail over and Jack can feck right off with her self pitying me, me, me tales of woe. As you were tattle

• Heart
Reactions: 138
I always suspected she may be buying a new build. Hence why knew six months ago moving. Builders usually aim for completion at end of quarter - so I suspect they were aiming for mid December and there as a delay. When she said it was delayed would fit perfectly.

• Wow
Reactions: 56
I think I need to take a break from Jack and her whining. Downsizing from an unnecessarily large rental to either another smaller rental or purchasing a new allegedly smaller property might be stressful but like most of Jack's apparent stress including the bonfire of the vanity that is her book launch, it is of her own choice, her own making. Many of us on here are facing stresses but we just get on with life as we have no choice. I'm currently coping with learning that after a year of treatment my father's lymphoma has become high grade and needs chemo...but he can't get that until he has radiotherapy for a newly discovered lung cancer ( in a former life I was a lung cancer nurse so this feels particularly crappy). He lives a 4 hour drive from me so I can't physically support him and my mum as much as I want. I have two children with additional support needs one of whom is now awaiting ADHD assessment, I work part time and I'm currently studying and juggling essays and placements and my poor old Harold works all hours too. To put the tin lid on things my handsome and sometimes grouchy cat was diagnosed with lymphoma just before Christmas. I'd willing tackle Jack's stress for a month. Do you think she'd do a life swap (I wouldn't swap for all the tea in China because unlike Jack I love my family and would do pretty much anything to keep them all happy and safe). Anyway merail over and Jack can feck right off with her self pitying me, me, me tales of woe. As you were tattle
Thinking of you @Elastoblast she doesn't know she's born.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Ah yes, the arthritis. I was thinking about that the other day but so much is going on I forgot to post. How exactly does a person with such awful arthritis in their hands that sometimes they can barely hold their biro go about opening cans with mallets and knives? If some Tory type had suggested poors should use the Jack can opening method you just know she’d have been all “…so how are we poors with ouchy disabled hands meant to do that Mr White Winger? Do you just want us to sever an artery and die, because…dead people cant riot?”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I always suspected she may be buying a new build. Hence why knew six months ago moving. Builders usually aim for completion at end of quarter - so I suspect they were aiming for mid December and there as a delay. When she said it was delayed would fit perfectly.
yup there's a new build in Southend that was due for completion end Dec

• Wow
Reactions: 82
There are only loads of rounds of edits if you are tit at your job. I did one round with my agent and one with my publisher because I am able to listen to suggestions and am an actual decent writer.
PS just had to grunk the whole last thread and bloody hell what a chaos that was.
My question would be: why do it Jack, you obviously don't want to? Also, back in the mists of time when everybody was younger (😁) and use to frequent fanfiction sites, I remember that authors had beta readers for their fiction, to catch all sorts of stuff. I believe authors in the real world have editors, so what happened there??

Reactions: 23
Jack reads the tweet, Jack softly gently ignores it and pops off to tenderly sign the contract on her forever home, she’s probably paid for in full…

B7E4436F-CEF4-454A-81EA-A01C927CE402.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Love this. No hate, right back at ya. As someone else said upthread it seems that tattle might be the ONLY place on the internet where people with opposing views, on X Y and Z issues, aren’t dicks to each other.
Thank you my friend. Agreed, everyone is very amiable and adult about stuff here.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Jack has never spent more than £100 ~ in total ~ on rusty spoons alright?
(Apart from that batch she got from ebay for £120 😂)

Screenshot_20230106_152835.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 74
A massive health warning as it's from a small anon account and whilst I am not a lawyer I don't think some of these claims would fly but someone has tweeted this at Jack.

View attachment 1860060
Surely the squig's contract would be with Patreon rather than Jack? And Patreon say quite clearly that the creator doesn't have to provide the benefits they say they will :(

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.