Jack Monroe #452 Pulped Fiction

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve only just started the previous thread but wanted to quote @MoistenedGussets
Jack Monroe is a parody cook to be fair.
No training. No kitchen experience. No qualifications. No taste buds.

and not an ounce of common sense

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I wonder when the flaming Elmo animated gif will get old? Cause right now every time I see it it’s making me 🦉🍾

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Idek what to caption this as but we need reminding that these are meant to be crumpets but she’s clearly poked the holes in them herself.

048718DA-3833-4043-B0F7-4453399F4AEB.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 142
@Kinney did a pretty great job summing it up around tea time for fraus coming back to the threads for a post-work grunk:

“The book has become a meme
Amazon has halted reviews
PanMacmillan have had to release a statement saying that they’re aware the book is dangerous so they’re reprinting with a disclaimer.
The Trussell Trust (who the book is supposed to benefit) are distancing themselves and are refusing to accept copies in its current form because of all the dangerous info.

…on day one of publication. Jeeeeeesus.”
Slight correction, tenderstem. IF 😂they reprint it, future versions will have a disclaimer. Though given all the demand that’s hurtled it from 89 to 110 on the bestseller list today (thanks Marm❤) I’m sure they running off tens of thousands more right this minute

PS: Looks like Borb and Jen just got another spicy WhatsApp update from Piotor
F8988BF6-D87A-4D7C-AEF3-4FCBD22E4A5B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 73
Has anyone checked on Andy Pal to see if he's coping OK? I thought he was about to explode last night and he hadn't even been through the whole book.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Clovis-cap: Jack's best ever book was finally published to much online hilarity and an official statement from the publisher advising readers not to attempt some of the more innovative tips.

Irregardless, Jack spent the day graciously thanking all her fans for their continued support:
fcde2ab4ec2c96a586f89345037e6ab9.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
And I still can't work out how you use four carabiners, an S-hook and an old t-shirt to drain pasta. You'd need to tie knots in the fabric but it's quite difficult to do a knot that holds in t-shirt fabric.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I've started hooting at everything. There's a squig tweet that keeps turning up on my timeline in which said squig calls Pan Macmillan a 'bunch of skanky frauds' and I 🍾 🦉 each time I see it. I am becoming hysterical.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
The writing process: a chronology.

(There were earlier tweets from 2020, long since deleted.)

A.jpg
B.jpg
C.jpg
D.jpg
E.jpg
F.jpg
G.jpg
H.jpg
I.jpg
J.jpg
K.jpg
L.jpg
M.jpg
N.jpg
O.jpg
Oa.jpg
P.jpg
Q.jpg
R.jpg
S.jpg
T.jpg
U.jpg
V.jpg
W.jpg
X.jpg
Y.jpg
Z.jpg
Za.jpg
Zb.jpg
Zc.jpg
Zd.jpg
Ze.jpg
Zf.jpg
Zg.jpg
Zh.jpg
Zi.jpg
Zj.jpg
Zk.jpg
Zl.jpg
Zm.jpg
Zn.jpg
Zo.jpg
Zp.jpg

It's truly a mystery how this book turned out the way it did.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 149
I was thinking this morning that the concurrent Mars and Mercury retrogrades are kicking my arse, but the heavens knew what I needed and have taken today to remind me that it could be worse because I could be Jack. And I’m thankful that I’m not.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I was waiting for the last thread to close cos I wanted to bring up the Helena lass who admitted to working on the book and said it was full of sage and onion stuffing advice. I did a bit of research on her yesterday and she’s actually a fairly big deal in publishing, well at least she was until TODAY 🤭 She’s a big old posho who really probably should have stuck to horticulture, how she can talk about “sage advice” blows my mind, but I suspect another reason that this “thrifty” povo book didn’t get shelved months if not years back.

This from her LinkedIn, she also worked on King Marcus’ book for kids. 🤨
306301FD-474A-4F1D-A76A-F5B3175F36B5.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 57
I’m still quietly raging that BB/PM have only addressed the H&S issues that have been loudly shouted about on Twitter. Who is doing the due diligence and actually checking the rest of the book? Especially as the hacks that have been mentioned in their statement as possibly ill-advised were from the free sample, suggesting that there may well be more hidden gems potential death traps in the rest of the book (as we know there are). They are still acting entirely irresponsibly imho and they should probably be actually recalling and pulping the lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Imagine adopting the role of ‘thrift expert’, to go along a previously adopted role of ‘food expert’, yet being so totally inept that the book you write about the two subjects has to be withdrawn on publishing day, hastily re-edited for future additions and amended with a safety warning because you were too bleeping lazy and incompetent to do any due diligence…. Jesus wept!

Think of all the running around others would surely had to have done on her behalf over the last few days, just because she is too much of a work-shy freeloader to do the job thoroughly herself. And she wonders why *no one* chooses to work with her twice.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
ShuggsyB, who is really a teenager the same size as me now, me with the appetite of a Labrador with amnesia, and my threadmates, fully grown full time mitherers with a penchant for 10 page grunks. This is the chaos of all chaoi, we are a canal that EATS.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.