Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Day3TShirt

Do you mean the bin badges? He says those are probably something like British legion badges or organisations he’s part of

Ah you got there before me!
No, the gold patches on either sleeve.

Re the UN peacekeeping medal, contact thinks of worn at all it would be in the main row, not above. Says ribbon looks too dark a blue as well. Would have to have been awarded in Cyprus, judging by dates of the rest of the service. Sceptical it is UN but no other ideas either.

Reactions: 17

SendReceive

VIP Member
Could it be a NATO or UN campaign medal?
If so it should be worn with the other campaign medals? 🤷‍♂️
That was my first thought. It doesn’t resemble any NATO campaign medals IMO, although from a distance it does resemble the NATO Meritorious Service Medal. However, they are extremely rare and the timing doesn’t add up.

It could be the “prestigious” medal mentioned here, but it doesn’t match any known official UK civilian gallantry decorations, and there’s no official gallantry decorations for him listed in the Gazette:

UN medals tend to have a lighter shade of blue in the ribbon, but will keep ~painstakingly~ looking…

Last edited:
Reactions: 16

BenignNarcissist

I did wonder about that, especially when one hears from angry neckbeard "dads" on social media about how it's impossible to get with not paying something towards the keep of your children. How was SB's dad able to avoid paying anything?
Child support is taken from a parent's pay, same as a student loan AFAIK

Reactions: 15
I doubt Jack went without anything. Just wasn't the centre of attention all time.

She had her own room, enough clothes to sort them by colour, ballet lessons, karate lessons, holidays. Parents who cared enough to take her down to GOSH, at Jack's insistence, to get her birthmarks removed.

They probably tried, and failed, to install a sense of public service in to her. Big Dave comes across as pompous but I think he takes public service seriously.
The similarities between her and Markle's upbringing (and resultant adult behaviour) are astounding.

stunrw

VIP Member
You would think that someone who’s so frightened for their personal safety that they hire security guards to accompany them everywhere and won’t leave the house after dark, would take a bit more care to check for identifying info in photos they share. I’m a nobody with a private Twitter account and a few hundred followers, and I’m still very careful about the info I share about myself and would never post a photo without considering ‘would I want everyone in the world to potentially see this’... but Jack who’s in fear for her life just posts a picture with (I assume) her phone number in it to her thousands of followers? I know she caught it and deleted it, but if you were in mortal danger from trolls wouldn’t you check something like that before mashing the send tweet button in the first place?
But you forget.......

Attachments

• Haha

Day3TShirt

Asked my husband and he’s said;
Top one is UN peace keeping
Blue white and thin red is a Queens jubilee medal, same as the second from right one, that’s another queens jubilee medal.
The purple one is a general service one- awarded for something like a tour of northern Ireland
2nd left is long service and good conduct
He thinks the cross one is a KCB one tho not sure (knights cross)
And he has no idea about the orange one
Thanks Mr Hoop. Does he know about the embroidery on the blazer by any chance?

Reactions: 14