Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

diva.wps

I think a while back someone previously mentioned that they would be interested in whether Big Dave’s impressive medal rack checks out.

I didn’t devote much time to it as - whilst it’s not impossible for someone occupying a role in a veterans’ organisation to be “bloating” his or her awards - it’s unlikely. But Jackie has gone quiet so here we are.

Many Walter Mittys/bloaters get caught out by the medals they wear, and how they wear them. There’s a prescribed “Order of Wear” and wearing medals in a manner inconsistent with that Order of Wear is usually a tell that the wearer might not be all they are claiming to be. It can be found here:

I’ll be looking at the medals in this picture, left to right, leaving the medal at the top (with the blue and white ribbon) until the end:

View attachment 1842286

1) Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE). I think we all know this is legit as he was pictured being awarded it by Liz (RIP), but for interest it is confirmed in the London Gazette of 16 June 2007 (this is the only one of Big Dave’s medals which would be verifiable as being “Gazetted”):

View attachment 1842299

2) South Atlantic Medal, with Rosette. For service in the South Atlantic during the Falklands War. The Rosette indicates that he served in the combat zone. Award of this campaign medal isn’t Gazetted, so not possible to independently verify. But, the Royal Artillery were involved and the timing checks out.

3) General Service Medal (GSM) with single clasp. Clasps indicate which campaigns it was awarded for. I assume Dave’s single clasp is for Northern Ireland which again all checks out.

4) Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal. Awarded to active personnel in the British Armed Forces and Emergency Personnel who had completed 5 years of qualifying service. No issues.

5) Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal. Eligibility effectively the same as 4). No issues.

6) Fire and Rescue Service Long Service and Good Conduct Medal. Awarded for 20 years of good behaviour in the fire service effectively.

1-6 are all consistent with the service that has been attributed to him, and the Order of Wear is correct.

Turning to the medal with the blue and white ribbon, this puzzles me, because:

- If an official UK award/decoration, it appears to be worn incorrectly (it should be part of the “rack”, positioned according to Order of Wear).

- I cannot identify it at all as an official UK award/decoration.

It could be a “commemorative” medal i.e. not official, effectively “bought off eBay”, but then it’s very surprising for someone with Big Dave’s standing to:

(a) Wear it at all - the official medals which he has been awarded speak for themselves as a demonstration of long and committed service.
(b) Wear it on his left (the right breast would be more appropriate for commemorative medals).
(c) Wear it in a manner which is very disrespectful to HM the Queen (overlapping her Jubilee medals).

If any other “military round the edges” fraus can 🔺 that medal then please share.
Is it normal to iron your blazer and leave creases down the sleeves?!

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Lucky Escape

VIP Member
Yes, there's not much meat there, but one thing did pop out...remember she was talking about her team and how she bought them ipads/laptops or some such. According to the accounts the number of people employed by the limited company was 2... and one of them was her.
The most recent accounts only go up to March 2019, though, so unfortunately we can't really say anything for certain after that :(

Reactions: 19

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
That content photo (her haircut is dire, like her owner’s 😭) the Christmas tree has no lights or decorations???

Reactions: 18

Mrsoverall

I miss Von Von. The miracle of her arm growing back still makes me laugh.

She wisely disappeared off the socials after that article about internet fantasists/grifters in The Scotsman, as she knew people had her number. Jack, however, continues to try and style it out regardless.
Just grunka-ed this
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

Country Bumpkin

Chatty Member
I've long thought that Jack resents her parents for fostering children and giving them a stable life.

It meant less attention and disposal income to be lavished on our Jackie and I bet she hated it. Not sure if that's what led to her being so needy and grabby or whether that's just who she is.

AR is a real person and not Jack. She was easy to find online as she's been in her local paper at least twice. Loads of personal info in the articles. She does, however, appear to be just as annoying as Jack so they probably have a lot in common.
Thanks for that, I don't have the patience or even the interest anymore to looking into whether her fans are stans or socks.

stunrw

VIP Member
Or will she just bang herself on the head with a silver hammer/mallet as apparently somebody will have to? (Honest guv, this is what I read yesterday... Can't remember who it is who has to do it, but no reason for Jack not to take on the honour).
Someone genuinely does that. And then has to destroy his ring..............

Person doing the banging has to also refer to them by their birth name not their papal name. In Jack's case that would involve a conversation with HR and a pro bono lawyer in Israel

• Wow
  • Haha

Hold my beans

VIP Member
I wonder if Big Dave and possibly other family members were the type to say "well, Jack you can't have this thing, because we have to spend our money on the foster children"? Did she resent them entirely off her own bat or was she to some extent led towards it? She does have some odd ideas about what constitutes child abandonment, and there's that comment about 'knowing it's wrong to foist your children onto other people' when she's talking about getting childcare while you're at work.
I think it meant she was no longer the centre of attention. Poor Jack.

Reactions: 17

Sweetcouchpotato

It is totally normal, but given the fuss Jack has made about it all in the past, I think she would have people questioning if she didn't specify.

She's brought it entirely on herself, don't get me wrong, but I do think she's fucked either way now when it comes to stuff like this.
"Fucked either way" 🤭

Why am I thinking of Burgers.....

• Haha
In the spirit of her claiming to be Viv's best mate on her passing, I'm just waiting for her to start up about the Pope now
21 gun salute this eve round at her dad's? Or will she just bang herself on the head with a silver hammer/mallet as apparently somebody will have to? (Honest guv, this is what I read yesterday... Can't remember who it is who has to do it, but no reason for Jack not to take on the honour).

Eta: glad to hear VIP room door being left ajar this eve for us plebs as no way I am gonna be VIP before... Um... This time next year?! Thanks VIPs for your magnanimity. <3

• Haha

Country Bumpkin

Chatty Member
She claims to have folded towels in ASDA, and learnt all there is to know about curing meat and making cheese whilst on the deli counter. And then went and stared creepily at an old manager who was stacking the shelves with her first book
Ahh yes, I remember now. Many thanks

SendReceive

VIP Member
Military around the edges 🔺 no idea what the medal above the others is, poss civil service medal. Is positioned above because not awarded in service. The puzzler is the two gold embroidery pieces on either sleeve; seem to be in the wrong place for a blazer and not a recognisable insignia. Any better pics appreciated. Sorry if garbled, am relaying info. (Feel like something from ‘Allo, ‘Allo)
Ah, good spot on the turning to 11 of the embroidery. Not a simple breast pocket badge for Big D MBE!

• Haha