Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

streby

Chatty Member
It is an aneurysm worthy book. All the more so as the only way she can hope to get decent returns from it is for mugs to buy it for food bank users. IMO. Which is insulting, and worse, apparently dangerous.
I'd feel quite offended if I went to a food bank and they gave me a book on "thifty tips" because that carries the implication that I am at the foodbank because I'm not "thrifty" enough and if only I followed these tips and hacks from this nice middle-class media personality I wouldn't be shaming everyone with my wasteful ways. If only I knew how to cook, and how to open tins, then I'd be rich and successful and not in need of help. It's not a problem of system or structure, it's that I foolishly spent some of my benefits on a collander instead of draining pasta through a blouse. You can feed a family of 5 on £2 a week you know. Or at least decent people can. You scrounger.

I know/hope that's not the intented message to those lucky foodbank users but it's how it's going to come across.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 121

Livia Fantasy

VIP Member
My thoughts exactly. Why can't she just answer the question without doing a massive look at all the bad things that happened to poor ole me- rail.
Classic liar. Extraneous details to make it sound real, when it’s not remotely.

Like my son, he’ll get in later than expected and I’ll ask where he’s been…

“Well as it started to drizzle I went round Billy’s. You know Billy, friends with Rob whose mum works in the hospital and she’s got that dog with 3 legs? Well anyway we were playing FIFA and it went to extra time then his mum came home and made us cheese on toast but I dropped a slice so when I was cleaning it up she made me more and I waited, then there was a power cut and i didn’t see the clock, and…”

Max, just say you were at the skatepark and had a second smoke 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 119

MavisBeacon

VIP Member
Keeping your physical Patreon rewards tiers open for TWO YEARS when you're not fulfilling them is not simply being "bad at admin" and "overcommitted". It is fraud. A couple of months, yes. Two years, no way.

• Heart
Reactions: 116

jenny2603

VIP Member
I'll take one for the team. I'll buy it on credit card, photocopy it then return it as "not as described" for a full refund under Distance Selling regulations.

Will then forensically pick it apart. If it ends up on one of those well SEO'd sites full of ripped PDF books (that authors hate as it diverts sales revenues away), that's absolutely nothing to do with me.
Thanks for all that you do. To celebrate I've donated the RRP to The Hidden Gardens in Gllasgow which as well as being a beautiful free space to hang about in runs a mens mental health project and free cultural cookery class for local women who make very nice food from all over the world, not vile slops.

Screenshot 2022-12-28 14.37.43.png

• Heart
Reactions: 114

CakedCat

View attachment 1835811

Admits to painting her kitchen, that the earrings are real (not etsy dupes), and lies about not lying.
'not that great at paperwork' - thought accuracy was a flex because autism and something about hundreds of ringbinders of meticulously curated data or whatever.

Or is it the ADHD inability to be accurate now?

Pick a lane Jack because if you don't then things unravel when you keep swerving. You've pulled the woe is me/mental health card so many times when things go wrong rather than work on fixing it it's not a get out of jail card anymore. And this isn't trolling, this is from someone who used to drink heavy multiple times a week, be an absolute mess which would push people away then use my mental health diagnosis as an excuse for drinking heavy rather than stopping and fixing the root issues.

Took an intervention and a LOT of home truths from that intervention to turn it around so it actually pisses me off someone who has had the opportunity of having multiple therapists, multiple AA meetings, a stint in rehab not everyone who needs it has access to and very vocal about a support network who support her financially in gifts and mentally in welfare checks and gently, softly scooping her up yet still chooses to waste it and not better herself ....... Then play autism/ADHD/mental health/physical health rather than hold hands up and say 'I got this wrong, I'm sorry' and educate and improve.

At this point, it's just offensive.

• Heart
Reactions: 114
The fucking suicide/miscarriage stuff really really gets to me. I hope SB‘s dad takes her to court for sole custody and her parents pay for it.

She is a disgusting human being. i take it back Jack - I do hate you. How can you write that stuff in public for your nearly 13 year old son to read? You are a foul foul narc and that poor kid needs to be taken far far away from your sick head
This is what I mean when I increasingly think the fault lines extend beyond Jack on the SB thing. She is vile and disgusting - but where is everyone else who should be protecting him from this and from her violating his privacy on an increasingly regular basis?

Me-rail but I had relatives who stood around twiddling their thumbs to not upset the parent in question when my home life as a kid went from slightly neglectful and chaotic to abusive hell, and while they're obviously not responsible for said parents direct actions, I sure as hell hold them responsible for not stepping in and leaving children stuck in that situation.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 109

jenny2603

VIP Member
This is great. I knew she couldn't stay quiet forever. SHAME on Rosemary for silencing Jack and trying to take our chaos. Three cheers for Agent Adrian- rob her blind again mate you've earned every penny.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 109

Toffee finger

VIP Member
3C7C542D-F07F-4E76-ACFF-126730D68627.jpeg

E81F11F2-C7F7-44BB-B632-814C2CB28549.png

B3F23232-9DE2-46BD-B77E-97F9EB3B985A.jpeg

C4A3E980-5EC0-4EB8-8450-17BBE5861E07.jpeg

2A4019F2-B181-4184-97A9-59351A1F1FAA.jpeg

6A120BBA-F9C4-460A-B75C-021A905DBDBB.jpeg

0EA87D2F-FDC1-4795-A83D-9D94E5018DE2.jpeg

B337F7B3-AC6E-4955-AD46-FC2B8F687C7C.jpeg

C97A39DF-DAE4-4E3F-82B8-F0A650D6AF01.jpeg

DE5D1527-B641-489C-A02C-EE0596CFC857.jpeg

FCBAC33D-8F60-4E54-9F13-F3DE548232F1.jpeg

B48E6DC8-DC61-45C5-BA65-E9A5C7D4D416.jpeg

I admit I only skimmed this latest thread but “notoriously deliberately private address” made me 🦉 🍾

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 108

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
I wonder if she'll feel any regret about her posts today - the very day the book seemed to 'launch' on twitter, with all these poor independent bookshops doing their best to flog the grift bible. It should have been a happy, exciting day and she's managed to fuck it all up with her horrible personality and the tweets which say so much more about her than they ever could about her 'trolls'. I used to get terrible comedowns back in the day, I cannot imagine how much worse they'd be if I had actual physical evidence of horrible, cuntish behaviour, forever immortalised by the magic of screenshots. Anyhoo!

• Heart
Reactions: 107

Shimmering

VIP Member
I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face over the egg rings.

It's blowing my mind. You've no tin opener so you'll need two knives and a mallet to get both ends of the can off.

I will hold my hands up and say I hadn't heard of an egg ring before tonight. Literally just living my life, undisturbed, fully unaware of the existence of egg rings.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 106