Jack Monroe #444 Jack's constant inner conflict over wanting to be simultaneously envied and pitied

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She really is the most rubbish of parents.
Even Katie Price credits her kids as the reason she carries on. Not her bleeping dog.

To be worse than KP really is a low.
BIB. May I politely object to the phrasing "bleeping dog". It shouldn't be a choice between child and canine. It should be both. God knows my dogs have saved me and my mental health so many times over the years.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
All aboard the Chaos Express...toot toot.
Shame that fucker isn't blocked by a rail strike.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I was thinking the other day, i dont undertand the big secrecy around money. Other things but not money. My sentiments are i have nothing to hide so if you wanna know that badly there ya go.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Forgive me for the ignorance but what is this sponsor she keeps talking about? Like what is their role?
They’re her person in AA who acts like a kind of mentor to help her keep on the wagon.

That’s my understanding anyway although all my knowledge of AA is gleaned from This Is Us and Grey’s Anatomy so may not be entirely accurate

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
My thoughts exactly. Why can't she just answer the question without doing a massive look at all the bad things that happened to poor ole me- rail.
Same as the silly story about her sponsor finding the sign in the shed - unnecessary detail that immediately gets your lie-dy senses tingling. Just say the sign was an early housewarming gift from a lovely friend, and that the guitar was a generous gift from your ex. All the rest of the detail and special pleading is what makes it sound dodgy. Also nice weaponised ssobriety with the mention of the sponsor, and weaponised povving with mentioning having to sell stuff for the rent.
Again, Jack (HI!! GO WALK YOUR SON'S DOG AND TOUCH SOME GRASS) - all of this mithering and questioning is the result of your oversharing and unprofessional behaviour on social media.

• Haha
Reactions: 83
They’re her person in AA who acts like a kind of mentor to help her keep on the wagon.

That’s my understanding anyway although all my knowledge of AA is gleaned from This Is Us and Grey’s Anatomy so may not be entirely accurate
Lol the second bit - you’re right they’re there to take you through the steps & provide advice on living sober, eg don’t drink low ABV “alcohol free” drinks or get into relationships in your first 12 months etc etc.

You’re meant to pick people who have what you want - my sponsor was too busy with her family & business to come round and tidy my (not a!) tit tip flat. Unsurprisingly Jack has either fabricated or found someone with no boundaries and lots of time to fill.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Oh lovely, a post Christmas chaos. I've got the day off and nothing to do. I was going to just sit in pyjamas and eat cheese all day watching everything I've recorded over the holidays. Now I have Jack going off on one on Twitter, marvellous way to spend a Wednesday.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Pretty certain that when Agent Adrian gave her the go ahead to start tweeting again, this wasn't what he had in mind.

How many days until Grifty Kitchen is released? Oh, we are in for a treat over the next week or so. :D

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Apols for dropping this in the middle of a chaos, but my mum volunteers at a local theatre and has just told me that Tom "Fingers" Kerridge was in the audience on Xmas Eve.

Apparently it's not the first time he's been to the theatre in question, so now I've got to softly, gently encourage her to ask him what he thinks about our smol pixie's accusations of intellectual property theft next time he's in.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
My thoughts exactly. Why can't she just answer the question without doing a massive look at all the bad things that happened to poor ole me- rail.
1672230952784.jpg

It's part of the modus operandi, add so many unnecessary details that the reader becomes confused, doubts themself and gives up.

Y'all 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 59
When my youngest was born it was during brexit and there was alot of tit going down on facebook. So much show it started to effect my post natal depressed mental health. So i LEFT and havent looked back. Perhaps this might be an idea. I dont miss it a jot.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Classic liar. Extraneous details to make it sound real, when it’s not remotely.

Like my son, he’ll get in later than expected and I’ll ask where he’s been…

“Well as it started to drizzle I went round Billy’s. You know Billy, friends with Rob whose mum works in the hospital and she’s got that dog with 3 legs? Well anyway we were playing FIFA and it went to extra time then his mum came home and made us cheese on toast but I dropped a slice so when I was cleaning it up she made me more and I waited, then there was a power cut and i didn’t see the clock, and…”

Max, just say you were at the skatepark and had a second smoke 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 119
I’m very behind so sorry to derail but this is basically Jack, I wish I could edit the wording 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I remember being so confused by all her references to trolls etc as there was normally nothing by praise under her tweets (things have obv shifted now) but it's clear she reads these threads as if they are messages being sent TO her. A bit like when she'd jump into the comments section on the guardian.

Main character syndrome.

It's like when you tell kids "I was talking about you not to you".

• Haha
Reactions: 83
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.