Jack Monroe #440 Gently navigating the hinterland of plagiarism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Welcome to the new thread.

Title by @MediaMonkey nominated by @MavisBeacon

Recap: Jack won't be tuning in to the new episode of Grift and Griftability as she is off to a festive costume party!

TOOT TOOT!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Recap: Jack has dressed up as what appears to be a woman with short hair on her way to the shops whilst experiencing some sort of bowel urgency. Jack claims she is dressed as Tommy Shelby from Peaky Blinders but she lies so much it's hard to know what to believe. There has been some suggestion the fancy dress outfit is intended to represent Owen Jones but i would ask frauen to avoid any unhelpful speculation given the current situation.

Jack has also claimed that she is attending a fancy dress party this evening but we shall believe that when we see it.

She has been very quiet on twitter and remains humiliatingly DUMPED AND REJECTED by Agent Rosemary.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 96
Following on from the last thread, everyone is saying Jack looks like she’s straining for a poo in her Homeless Tommy Shelby costume. I actually think she looks like she’s in the middle of an eye test. The optician has asked her whether the picture is clearer with one or two and she’s midway through that panicked moment when you can’t quite decide and don’t want to get it wrong.

EC498ECB-4991-4BDE-A8C9-D5EF6F07D83F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 128
We kinda thinking this Sunday Christmas Fancy-Dress Party ain’t happening, but on the small chance it does, I’m calling it that our Jacky returns with a new beau who went to the party as ‘Gentlemen Jack’. It’s written in the stars to end 2022 in such a way. Jack & Jack….very much in gentle love ❤

D64AAE35-ADC7-48C9-BE69-EFDDAC1FEB70.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
That beach story. She saw that sign one day an thought how do i make this about me being adorably naive and spontaneous didn't she. Then she sat an wrote herself a little fan fiction.

Also its a probably a moot point as there's never been any evidence of friends in 10 years of an overshared life but of course she's the sort of person who'd hear about someone's personal spiritual practice and go im gonna do that but BETTER. Bet she's an absolute leech who people have to hide everything from.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Following on from the last thread, everyone is saying Jack looks like she’s straining for a poo in her Homeless Tommy Shelby costume. I actually think she looks like she’s in the middle of an eye test. The optician has asked her whether the picture is clearer with one or two and she’s midway through that panicked moment when you can’t quite decide and don’t want to get it wrong.

View attachment 1815698
I think what we're talking about here is classic ....

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Jack's mediterranean arse going to a costume party with her cacophony of dear friends who don't use social media is the best revenge against the mendacious trolls. Toot toot!

2N5h.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 52
We kinda thinking this Sunday Christmas Fancy-Dress Party ain’t happening, but on the small chance it does, I’m calling it that our Jacky returns with a new beau who went to the party as ‘Gentlemen Jack’. It’s written in the stars to end 2022 in such a way. Jack & Jack….very much in gentle love ❤

View attachment 1815696
DD3B2F77-43E6-4E4F-B40A-B233D26F5E17.jpeg

You’ve made her look like she’s in Viz’s Up the Arse Corner there. Chapeau, tender one.

ETA @Clovis risking The Wrath of Jack by posting a gif of Big Dave’s fabulous arse. Loving it!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
CHAPTER FIVE of the flexibly-scheduled 'teatime' period drama

GRIFT! AND! GRIFTABILITY!

GRIFT DARCY FINAL.jpg

That Saturday, two gentlemen were to be found in conversation at the ball. They presented a fascinating contrast, for one was as open as the sun, with a bright disposition, while his companion scowled like an approaching storm, and seemed to glower over the entire gathering. They were, of course, Mr Bingley, the new occupant of Netherfield, and his old friend Mr Darcy, a fine figure of a man but one who regarded himself as above this particular society, and glared as though he should rather be anywhere else.

‘Come, Darcy,’ said the cheerful young man, ‘I must have you dance. I hate to see you standing by yourself in this stupid manner.’

‘At such an assembly as this, it would be insupportable,’ sneered his friend. ‘You are dancing with the only handsome girl in the room.’

‘Oh, she is the most beautiful creature I ever beheld!’ declared Mr Bingley, catching the eye of Jane Bennet, who cast her own gaze modestly down. ‘But there are a number of agreeable girls here. Look, there is one of her sisters. She looks almost tolerable.’

‘I am in no mood to entertain the merely tolerable,’ came the retort. ‘Your sisters are occupied, and the girl I have set my mind on is not present. To dance with anyone else would be torture.’

‘But who can you mean, Darcy?’ exclaimed his good-hearted companion.

‘I refer to Miss Monroe, of Sloppington House,’ replied Mr Darcy, curling his lip sexily. ‘She interests me greatly. However, I gather she is away in Bath, and will not be joining the party tonight, rendering the entire evening wasted.’

‘Why, no, my friend, you must be mistaken,’ declared Mr Bingley. ‘The ill weather has closed all roads to Bath. There will be no travel there this week-end.’

‘And if I cannot go to Bath,’ cried a bold voice, ‘I will bring the Bath… to me!’

And with that, the doors were flung open, and those assembled gazed upon an extraordinary sight.

‘Good Lord,’ murmured Mr Darcy, as he beheld Miss Monroe, dressed in humiliating men’s trousers and a white shirt that was fully drenched through and clung to her skin, revealing features of her person that would have put Adam and Eve to shame. To complete the lewk, Miss Monroe sported a pirate eyepatch and brandished a bottle of orange liquid.

‘I just jumped in the lake for a refreshing dip!’ declared the newcomer, draining the bottle. ‘Orange squash, but the total vibe was there.’

‘The lake?’ Miss Bingley gasped. ‘Surely it has not rained so hard that a lake has appeared in the grounds of Meryton Hall.’

‘Lake, sea, pool… I use words with painstaking precision! All bodies of water are interchangeable,’ snapped Miss Monroe.

Her sister, Mrs Hurst, rushed to close the doors against the rain and cold air, peering into the grounds as she did so.

‘I see only the… the Bird-Bath,’ she remarked in puzzlement. ‘Surely, Miss Monroe, you did not climb into a bath for sparrows, fully clothed.’

‘You quiz me as though I were on the Witness-Stand, and as if you wanted to see me walk to the Scaffold,’ exclaimed Miss Monroe, her white cotton blouson still clinging to her and displaying aspects of the female form that most of the gentlemen present had only previously viewed within a Book of Anatomy.

‘Really,’ complained Mr Darcy, ‘This is quite intolerable.’

‘Intolerable, Darcy?’ breathed his friend. ‘No, better say… incredible. If I claimed before that I had seen beauty, may I be struck blind for my foolishness. This creature is surely an Angel fallen to Earth!’

With a ghastly realisation, Mr Darcy recognised that his friend had been awed by the sight of Miss Monroe’s figure so proudly revealed, and was now consumed by a Lust that he, in his innocence, mistook for Love.

‘Miss Monroe,’ said he with stern command, ‘I will not countenance the frivolities of the middle-classes.’

‘Middle-class, Fitz mate?’ the other replied hotly, as a gasp of shock rippled around the assembled guests at such rank impudence. But Miss Monroe drew herself erect like a dandy highwayman, legs akimbo and hands on her hips. ‘I am of humble working stock by way of Ireland, Pit-Sea, the Scottish Lowlands, the ----shire regiment (adjacent), and the mines of Moria. I detest the middle-classes, the Tories, the Whigs, and the entire Monarchy save for the bonny Prince Regent, nnnngh!’ And here she grimaced like an ape with Constipation.

‘This insult cannot be borne,’ muttered Mr Darcy, clenching his fist in a subtle but horny way. ‘Miss Bingley, Mrs Hurst. If I may…’ His friend’s two sisters flocked to him like faithful birds returning to their keeper. ‘I believe you recently had the pleasure of travelling to Italy. Perhaps you could regale the Misses Bennett with tales of that nation’s curiosities and sites of interest… in the drawing-room.’

And he beckoned Jane, who rose with her own sister Elizabeth and seemed glad to follow his suggestion, retiring towards the adjoining room away from the alarming sights and sounds of the new arrival.

‘Italy?’ bellowed Miss Monroe, sensing the attention drift from her, and beginning to shiver as the blouson grew chilly against her skin. ‘Been there, done it, written seven and a half cookbooks about it! You haven’t lived unless you’ve visited Vienetta!’

Mr Darcy had grasped a stout ash rod and looked ready to step forward with it raised in a manner that was very patriarchal, undeniably problematic but actually also quite hot, when he was interrupted by the scuttling arrival of another guest, who approached Miss Monroe while brushing oily hair from his high forehead.

‘Miss Monroe,’ he wheedled, ‘If I may introduce myself. My name is Collins. A cousin of the distinguished family you see before you. And if may flatter myself that my overtures are not discouraged… I might venture to, hem, to “pour oil upon troubled waters” and offer what I might describe as an Olive-Branch, rather than the rather more punitive wooden stick now brandished by the estimable Mr Darcy, hem. I propose, dear Miss Monroe, that while I visit this neighbourhood, I shall reside with you for the duration, and trust that this will meet with your favourable approval. I shall require only modest sustenance, hem, breakfast, lunch, dinner and a humble stipend of fifty pounds per week, and I may assure you that Lady Catherine De Bourgh will fully approve of any forthcoming union that may result.’

But by the time he had delivered his speech, Miss Monroe was nowhere to be seen; for there is nothing a grifter fears and detests more than another grifter, and in Mr Collins she quickly recognised one of her own kind.

‘I see that our guest has departed,’ remarked Elizabeth to her sister, with a wry smile, as they turned at the drawing-room door.

‘Oh,’ cried kind-hearted Jane. ‘I hope she has somewhere to go, in this dreadful weather.’

‘I believe she found the ripe fruit of Meryton rather harder to pluck from the vine than she expected,’ mused Elizabeth wittily, ‘and will be on her way, as we speak, towards easier pickings.’ And she seemed to turn towards the camera rather like a Regency Fleabag, her eyes sparkling. ‘I feel quite sure, dear Jane, that Miss Monroe is returning… to Emma.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 148

View attachment 1815698
I wouldn't put pooing during an eye test past Jack. It's possible everyone is right here.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46

View attachment 1815698
To me she looks like she's in the middle of a cross-examination in one of her imaginary libel cases, and she can't quite remember what she posted/deleted on twitter.

Also, good to see that Jack puts as much effort into choosing a fancy dress costume as she puts into everything else - nowt.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
The food critic who's going to review Grifty Kitchen when it comes out, is just on the haunted bird site talking about our Jack!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Jack's true vocation in life is obviously a grief therapist. If she can get over it within 24 hours then she should really share her secret with others who are suffering. She's absolutely shameless.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
That beach story. She saw that sign one day an thought how do i make this about me being adorably naive and spontaneous didn't she. Then she sat an wrote herself a little fan fiction.
I was wondering how someone with such strong military connections was unaware that the MOD were active on that part ofher local beach. She's lived there most of her dreary little life so how had she not forensically noticed it before.

Novak believes you, Jack.

1671368084628.png

• Haha
Reactions: 57
The beach story was hilarious I haven’t stopped lolling about. The denouement with the armed solider was one of the most amusing tales I have heard, no wonder her dozens of friends could not contain themselves. Jack should do stand up with quality material like that.

I hope I don’t see a gold covered trifle now or I fear I will have a medical incident from 🦉 🍾.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
You haven’t lived unless you’ve visited Vienetta!

Am deceased. Send coffin-os!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.