Jack Monroe #421 Why do you need a lottery win, you’ve got Patreon?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This just popped up on my YouTube subscriptions. Has Vlad infiltrated there as well?
14B8EC1B-3053-47DB-AC0F-B3018B4B53E5.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Well, I think the whole Vienetta thing is amazing.
Jack is so brave for making the half hour late night walk to Asda in the cold and dark, on her own. Especially considering she has stalkers and death threats, as well as having to have bodyguards and celebrity Twitter police protection. Don't forget that her Asda is also in such a deprived area according to Jack.
So very, very brave. Especially to then tweet where you are, letting everyone know you're walking home in the dark alone too. I'm not sure I would be so brave if I suffered all the threats to my safety that Jack does.
Really makes you think:unsure:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 74
I fear her quip about SB's therapy may well be the next chapter of her cosplaying. It's probably the only way Jack's brain feels she can keep him relevant to her fabricated life, and a potential monetising effort too. Watch out for her breadcrumbing that he would get more/quicker support if she could afford to go private...hint hint. How poverty has left a life long mark on his mental health, etc. Her current MO is failing and she's trying to deflect direction to focus on her kid - which will really pull at people's heart strings.

I look forward to him reaching the age where he can have his own social media and expose her for all that we know fine well that she is.
OH NO SHE BETTER DON’T

I do NOT want a “brave parent of troubled teen” era from Jack. So exploitative

Controversial but… I don’t like Vienetta. And I really don’t like mint ice cream.
Agree re Vienetta. I used to love the frilly side bits but the crispy non chocolate is just depressing. Mint Cornettos are the bomb tho

Haha, to think I thought she was quoting Hamlet. Nope, it's just something she's heard in AA. Congrats Cornelia, don't let Jack ruin it for you.
I think Jacks read the Big Book as attentively as she read Georgia Church Suppers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Controversial but… I don’t like Vienetta. And I really don’t like mint ice cream.
Controversial Part 2: I don’t think the video she shared of the trombone kid from TikTok is that funny.

It looks like a staged version of what a family might look like when they’re having fun, not when they’re actually, genuinely making each other laugh. His mum looks like she tolerates him and pretends to look amused because he has no friends IRL and social media likes are what he fills the void with. I can’t think why Jack might see this fake 🦉🍾 as representative of a family having a good time. Hmm…

• Haha
Reactions: 35
She’s probably thinking of ice magic #1978 truther

Also, she WISHES she was as cool as the red coat Ice Magic lady. She’s not though. (We didn’t have Vienetta in our house. We had pink instant whip as our go-to dessert - that and Arctic roll at my Granny’s on a Sunday)

Mr D watches Bake Off whilst I twit around on the internet and this week, there was some sort of topping on something that we both looked at and thought looked like Ice Magic.

I made the mistake of saying 'it's pretty easy to make, you just mix melted dark chocolate with coconut oil' and went back to grunking.

The silence should have alerted me to the peril.

This weekend, we will mostly be having homemade Ice Magic on everything.

By the way, it occurred to me that it's a common tactic to reveal the fact that somebody is undergoing counselling/therapy/etc when an abuser wants to lay the ground for somebody's revelations/disclosures as being a figment of their imagination (or just to make up that they're not well in the first place).

'Oh, yes, they do get these funny ideas and notions from time to time. Hopefully, their treatment will reduce this', 'It's so very sad (sigh), they really had so much go wrong, it seems as though something has been too much for them and they've lost their hold on reality', 'It was such a struggle to get them the help they needed, but they are worth it', 'Their therapist/Psych/doctor has been so helpful and says these dreams should start to fade in time, but until then, they seem just so real to them'.

In short, make out that the victim isn't able to distinguish between truth and lie and therefore encourage their disclosures to be dismissed as fantasy.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
They are doing the history of TV chefs/TV Food Heroes on Saturday Kitchen. Alas no sign of the Slop Goblin that I can see. It’s outrageous.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Nah, it's tit. (In my opinion, other opinions may vary).

I remember it being a big deal and posh in my youth, but the ice cream is pretty poor quality. It's a bit like watching G-Force as an adult.

I'm pretty sure that was called Battle of the Planets?

Mr D was watching Ulysses 31 the other night.

I got my own back for the earworm by firing up Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds - and stopping the song before the end.

But then again, my first Christmas as a skint unmarried teenage Mum with a three and a half week old baby, we got a real Christmas tree and didn't have the money for decorations or furniture, so to decorate it, I cut out cardboard shapes from a cereal box and covered it with Watoo-watoo birds and other trippy tit from our childhood.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Am I odd? I have never had a Vienetta. Not in the 80's, not in the 90's, not ever.

I had long left home by the 80's, and we never even had it as a treat when I went back for birthdays or Christmas. Have I missed out? Did my parents not love me enough? Should I feed neglected and mistreated?

(Sorry if the thread has moved on already)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
I can't remember who said when she first flounced off Twitter that she'd pop back up with "what's your favourite biscuit" when she couldn't keep away any longer. 👏🏼 Spot on. I'm sensing this is not the first time...

Absolutely hate viennetta. Chocolate should melt in your mouth, not be all crunchy and cold

Jack will get todays wordle in 1
Might have got it in less than 5 if I'd seen this first 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Am I odd? I have never had a Vienetta. Not in the 80's, not in the 90's, not ever.

I had long left home by the 80's, and we never even had it as a treat when I went back for birthdays or Christmas. Have I missed out? Did my parents not love me enough? Should I feed neglected and mistreated?

(Sorry if the thread has moved on already)
No, it's cheap icecream with shards in don't bother pet

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I fear her quip about SB's therapy may well be the next chapter of her cosplaying. It's probably the only way Jack's brain feels she can keep him relevant to her fabricated life, and a potential monetising effort too. Watch out for her breadcrumbing that he would get more/quicker support if she could afford to go private...hint hint. How poverty has left a life long mark on his mental health, etc. Her current MO is failing and she's trying to deflect direction to focus on her kid - which will really pull at people's heart strings.

I look forward to him reaching the age where he can have his own social media and expose her for all that we know fine well that she is.
She already hinted that he loves her slop because he has “issues with textures” which is odd as usually slop is the least appetising thing if you’re funny about that (speaking from experience here and not liking food touching etc…!)

Reactions: 37
I'm pretty sure that was called Battle of the Planets?

Mr D was watching Ulysses 3000 the other night.

I got my own back for the earworm by firing up Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds - and stopping the song before the end.
It was! I always remember it as G-Force though. :D

Absolutely loved it as a kid, tried rewatching it and it just jumped around weirdly & the plots didn't make any sense. I think because it was heavily edited for '80s kids tv from the original. (I presume the original makes sense 😁.)

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.