Jack Monroe #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read that, and was squirming with shame over my slight crush based on a gif. He sounded so awful didn't he? He is so intense he can grow the most powerful spot in minutes.
He is an odd bod. Everyone says he’s lovely but he’s ‘on’ all the time. Even putting aside the scientology weirdness his life is bizarre, he can literally go nowhere where people wouldn’t know where he is. But he sits on the loo and has a poo like everyone else.

Ttying to stay on topic, this is what I don’t understand about Jack. If I even saw a famous person i’d be a big jelly but she’s got the balls to tell Jude Law to sit down (let’s be real this did not happen as stated), yet still wants to keep this normal person narrative. She honestly doesn’t see that once you’re able to do one of these things the other can’t be true.

Oh I don’t know. She isn’t Tom Cruise, I know, but she could be so much more famous with better choices.

tl:dr Tom Cruise is weird but that gif makes him an honorary hausfrau all the same. 😎

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Talking of drinking malt vinegar; I remember hating school so much that Id try and make myself sick so I didnt have to go. I mixed vinegar and andrews salts with some other shite and drank it, in the hopes id be ill. Didnt work 🙄😂 p
I would be non stop v*miting every new term of school, by the time I would start after a few days everyone accused me of skiving. Never occurred to me that it happened cos I hated school so much. I've also now got a phobia hence the blocked out vowel.
Edited to add that seeing Jacks cooking doesn't help at times.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I buy basil and coriander a lot for my mums rabbits. I actually really like the smell of basil but I don’t cook with it.

Tom Cruise is a bit clean cut looking.

(Not dirty like Dave Gahan)

Oddly enough the band crush I had growing up was Roger Taylor from Duran Duran

(And he’s still got it).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I would be non stop v*miting every new term of school, by the time I would start after a few days everyone accused me of skiving. Never occurred to me that it happened cos I hated school so much. I've also now got a phobia hence the blocked out vowel.
Oh bless you, people dont realise the stress and anxiety of it all can be so physical!

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Way behind here but loving all the unsuitable book posts (actually hooting!)

In my day (👵) it was was Grease 🤣, much raunchier than the film and eye popping to a bunch of convent girls 😇😆

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Actual sniggers.

Jack, could I substitute pie beans and peas for the pasta.

Yes. absolutely

I’m personally a bit funny with pasta. I don’t like tins of chopped tomatoes. I can tolerate them in a ratatouille or a chilli but that is where I draw the line. Pasta sauce fine, that’s about it.

My mum was saying to me the other day if we get a no deal Brexit you might have to eat them and I was like not a chance.

I would rather eat plain pasta with soy sauce or Henderson’s relish than inflict the hell that is chopped tinned tomatoes on my pasta.
Babe, same! ( I hate tomatoes in general though), I always have to disguise their flavour in a sauce with some garlic or chilli, but even the smell of chopped tomatoes makes me :sick: so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like them!

Reactions: 6
@choccydigestive I'm so sorry to hear about the horrible time your son is having. I can really empathise as our SB had to change schools recently due to bullying (physical and mental) and it was just horrific. Seeing your child suffering and in tears, eugh, honestly the worst. I really hope things get better for him and you soon xxxx

• Sad
  • Heart
Oh, just realised, the fabled Puttanesca Funebra (or penne with passata) was the one she cooked and then abandoned and then had a meltdown.

She's such a (insert favourite Scottish swearword)

Also what the duck does it mean? bleep's (Italian) funeral (spanish) pasta? It makes no sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Talking of drinking malt vinegar; I remember hating school so much that Id try and make myself sick so I didnt have to go. I mixed vinegar and andrews salts with some other shite and drank it, in the hopes id be ill. Didnt work 🙄😂 p
What a shame that you couldn’t have just whipped up a depressipe 😭 That would’ve been just the ticket!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
@choccydigestive I'm so sorry to hear about the horrible time your son is having. I can really empathise as our SB had to change schools recently due to bullying (physical and mental) and it was just horrific. Seeing your child suffering and in tears, eugh, honestly the worst. I really hope things get better for him and you soon xxxx
I am so sorry to hear this! Your poor little one. I really hope the change of school has helped 🙏🏽 May I ask at what point you knew that was what you had to do? Mine hasn’t received physical bullying although threats have been given 😣

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
By the way, this was in Popbitch:

>> Booking issues <<​
Trying to stop the spread​

Hot on the heels of his blackface backlash, David Walliams' children's books are the latest bit of culture to be placed under the microscope.

Some of his critics are saying that the stories are too problematic to subject young kids to - but, in fairness to Walliams, he seems to be doing more than most to stop children from actually reading any of them.

Walliams was approached by a literacy charity not too long ago to see if he would do something for the 100 or so children who completed their reading programme that year. He said he wouldn't have the time to record a video message, but would send the kids a book of his instead.

Which he did.

One book. For a hundred kids to share.​

See, that doesn’t bother me, it’s not like DW is himself trudging to his local post box to post books off — this is clearly just a stupid admin error, or an order lost in translation, very easy to put right.

....Unless of course he too is trudging to post boxes, and 99 got lost in the mail. 🤔

Does he live in a “pokey” village in Southend?

• Haha
Oh, just realised, the fabled Puttanesca Funebra (or penne with passata) was the one she cooked and then abandoned and then had a meltdown.

She's such a (insert favourite Scottish swearword)

Also what the duck does it mean? bleep's (Italian) funeral (spanish) pasta? It makes no sense.
What the duck is this? It's spaghetti with tomatoes... Is that really a recipe that is worth making a video of? Also how does she forget garlic and vinegar when it has about 5 ingredients?

Clearly just a way to brag about going to the Groucho club...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I am working class and lived in Southend for 28 years. This sounds nothing like a working class Essex accent.

• Haha
Does anyone else feel like suddenly the scales seem to be falling from people’s eyes and looking at these old clips, well it is a little like that Rachel Dolezal still posted earlier- like how did no one SEE it? Hiding in plain sight sort of thing. She really has spun quite the tale. I’m not being awful either but six to twelve months of any experience doesn’t make you an expert. Students go travelling for that long it doesn’t make them Alan bleeping Whicker!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.