Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member

Someone needs to remind Jack of this, I know someone mentioned on the previous thread but I think this shows what a cock she is
What I find interesting about her, if anyone brings up the appalling DC situation (that cost her the Sainsbury’s gig - might have been able to buy your own house if you hadn’t been so awful 🤷🏻‍♀️) or the JO shitshow, she’s very quick to snap that she apologised and that should be the end of it.

Does she think DW is going to apologise to her for her perception of his books? Or is it genuinely about her need to take down another person because she’s so unhappy in her own life?

I watched that GMB clip and it had on the screen that she was a ‘Writer and a Journalist’. Is she an actual Journalist?

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
I actually think her photos have decreased in quality in the last few weeks and food features far less frequently.
Only 6 months ago, the IG feed was full of a variety of dishes and there was a scarcity of posts relating to her directly. I am tending towards the sympathy end of the scale here (whilst being fully aware of all that has gone before that you lovely haus fraus pick up on ) but I would like to hazard a guess (opinion only, obviously 🙄) that the dramatic change in posting style is a reflection of deep-seated unhappiness.

Just to place in context, this comes from someone who has had to give up a much-loved career of 16 years due to a chronic pain condition and subsequent related MH issues. I have no idea what to do with my life now and am, as they say, lost at sea. I am not writing this for any other reason than to explain my above reasoning for maybe being more sympathetic than some of you would like 🥺.[/QUOTE]

• Heart
  • Sad

Flumps

VIP Member
She might have failed grammar school but it looks sadly like she’s bitter about anyone else taking joy in more scholarly pursuits. It’s a disgrace.
I think it's genuinely really sad how little *proper* joy she takes in anything. It's no way to live.

And sad that in recent times the thing we've seen her take the most energy from was attempting an assassination of someone else's work/character. That's not a good look. Whether or not DW's books are good or whether or not he is a good human being, I don't know, but there shouldn't be so much glee about it either way.

• Heart

FrumpyCat

VIP Member
I remember a raunchy Parr in The Fog getting passed around the school.

Books should not be censored.
I read Lace (which of you bitches is my mother) Valley of The Dolls, and The Exorcist. I have never done anything dodgy with a goldfish, become hopelessly addicted to prescription medicone, or been possessed by demons.

No, my parents were not aware of what I was reading

• Haha
  • Heart

acca00

Chatty Member
what happened to lily? Has she disappeared?
Madigan did disappear. Basically, a girl at Uni with them had to quit because Madigan began stalking her, and then Madigan kind of made a sexual advance (with penis) and then there was trouble. So Madigan deleted social media, stopped the Labour stuff, and now just is very quiet. They still study and were doing political talks at student politics societies, but it was much, much less than it was. Madigan was basically a fantasist - and lied about so much - and said they had every illness under the sun, just like Jack!

• Wow
  • Sad

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
A06EDD14-4783-4B76-B57F-5E3547C5FD79.png

the Christmas thing bugged me so I googled. I knew I’d read before that she went to her parents’ house. In another she says she sent him to his dad’s. plus she got paid for the articles where she says she can’t buy him anything, in December 🤷‍♀️ After that she got the first book deal. She lies so much!!

• Wow
  • Angry

Passive_Aggressive_Lemon

In case anyone forgets what a fucking liar she is: https://threader.app/thread/1244753809773035527

'If it weren't for that boy, i'd probably still be in the fire service. Halfway to my 25 year service medal, paying into my pension, ironing my epaulettes.'
ME, ME, ME, I, I, I....

One measly sentence right at the end to say that her son is a joy. What a way to mark your son’s 10th birthday.

ETA- this was not the gif I chose, but I like it

• Haha
  • Sad

Not Now Bernard

She is so arrogant it is unbelievable. Does she think all celebrity chefs started out being celebrities? Most of them started at the bottom - washing pots and getting paid an utter pittance for long hours. They worked their way up and learnt valuable skills. Most chefs have a fair old clue about poverty because they would have spent so long earning dire wages until they got to about sous chef level. And most professional chefs are from a working class background.

Of course they fucking know how to live off a budget as they did it for years. Not for a couple of months like Jack did and has spent the subsequent 10 yrs cos playing at being poor and refusing to learn how to cook.

• Heart

Keegan

Yeah. I don't think Jack was in poverty long. She talks about she doesn't hoard food. As someone who didn't always have food growing up I am an absolute boarder now. So are everyone I know who had the same experiences.

I mean not everyone is the same etc etc but still.

(This is a comment I thought of like six threads ago...)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Fraggle

Hang on, I’m white & I have crazy frizzy curly hair. I was bullied throughout my school years as it was seen as freaky.
what are you implying here, Jack?

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
She said she has cctv all over the bungalow to protect her against her stalker, yet slept in a tent in the garden.
Massive hugs and love to all of you who are victims of stalking. I'm still battling on here (getting a case together to make it stop) and it's getting me down so much.
I don't want to go on about it too much but obviously I've spoken briefly here about my stalker trying to kill me. I got a massive amount of help from Paladin Services and would recommend contacting them. My situation was quite different to those already mentioned as the perp was well known to me, but I think Paladin would still be able to support. There is so little actual help, and it can seem like you're so alone with it all.

• Heart
  • Sad

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
I read the name as Ian Bishop - Harold Bishop/ Ian Smith and thought he'll smell like biscuits. I got very confused with the description of crisp smelling/autumn and had to reread and it all made sense😂

Having read at a fast pace over the last few days perhaps I can now slow down and read properly again.

I read the name as Ian Bishop - Harold Bishop/ Ian Smith and thought he'll smell like biscuits. I got very confused with the description of crisp smelling/autumn and had to reread and it all made sense😂

Having read at a fast pace over the last few days perhaps I can now slow down and read properly again.

The amount of times that posted has finished me.

• Haha

ShowMeYourFeline

Chatty Member
Totally agree having read her blog from 2012/3 this morning! She had a different tone of voice and covered a lot of wider social issues in it. Food was honestly a lot more of an aside in the blog posts and maybe counted for 30% of the content. It was more of an example of how to cope while living in poverty. I can see why people became her fan in the earlier days because she largely comes across as likeable in it (aside from the JO mention haha). Absolutely nothing like how she writes now. Having read it, I really don't doubt she struggled late 2011/2012 - although she mentioned having trial jobs and three weeks of shifts in March 2012 so not the eight months of no jobs/300 applications she later claimed (having left the Fire Service in late 2011 it seems).

But I do struggle to understand why she self-flagellated to the point where she didn't ask her parents for help.

It actually made me go back into the cycle of feeling pity for her. I think fame has fucked her up.

If anyone is interested in taking a look: https://web.archive.org/web/20121013232912/http://agirlcalledjack.com/
I’ve said before, I think she was shocked by her short stint in “poverty”, because as someone who grew up very middle class, she was simply not used to the conditions in which average people live.

I also think that as a middle class girl, life on the breadline was an exotic novelty for her, and she enjoyed wallowing in it. I don’t think she asked her parents for help because it would have spoiled her fantasy of being a poor little urchin.

Her backstory of being a working class girl come good, would never have happened if it turned out that her family easily gave her a leg up out of trouble.

I truly think her time in poverty was a lifestyle choice.

• Heart