Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

J4n0Z

Chatty Member
@choccydigestive I was bullied at school too, I really feel for you and your son. I remember her intervening on my behalf when I was younger and it did help but it's more complex when they're older. And social media definitely doesn't help.

It's so hard knowing the right thing to do, isn't it?

• Heart
Reactions: 14

FridayFunDay

It does seem like a weird character juxtaposition between bolshy, gobby Twitter Jack and bumbling, nervous "I did a chaos' Jack.

choccydigestive

Chatty Member
The stuff I was reading by 10 😱 I had an advanced reading age and plundered my mum’s books. Virginia Andrews, Jackie Collins, Stephen King, the Idi Amin biography 😳
I turned out ok. On the outside.
Hahahahahahaha.
Are you...... ME?

(Except for the Idi Amin part, I'll sub in books about unsolved mysteries and conspiracy theories there)

• Haha
  • Heart

Motherwellgirl

Can someone explain what’s going on? What’s she upset about now?

An article suggesting that she’s posh when she isn’t?

• Haha

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
I dont mind coriander. Not overly keen on basil. Tarragon is abit much for me. Tell you what I do love; black mustard seeds & cumin. The earthiness and smokiness is great!

• Heart

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
Re herbs, also love coriander. Basil and mint too, which I have loads of growing at the mo. Pretty much a fan of all herbs tbh aside from dill, can't stand it! Love Maldon salt (a little too much) and black pepper as well. One of my biggest loves though is vinegar. Of all kinds, absolutely adore the stuff!
I forgot about dill! I love dill mmmm.

I love vinegar too I could drink the stuff straight out of the bottle! I love absolutely anything pickled. I also own about 10 different types of salt but Maldon is my one true love

• Heart

JoyceDivision

Chatty Member
Babe, same! “You either love it or hate it” no actually I don’t mind it but I’m not a massive fan
We are truly a forgotten folk

Also 23andme claims I have a slightly increased likelihood of disliking coriander and that’s probably the least inaccurate (but still somewhat inaccurate) part of the report
I knew I wasn’t alone, dear heart!

• Haha
  • Heart

AmTellinYa

Chatty Member
The stuff I was reading by 10 😱 I had an advanced reading age and plundered my mum’s books. Virginia Andrews, Jackie Collins, Stephen King, the Idi Amin biography 😳
I turned out ok. On the outside.
Hahahahahahaha.
Ditto to all of the above! I would pretty much read all I could get my hands on and raided my mums bookshelves regularly. I started a life long love of Danielle Steele books at the age of about 10. I'm really too cynical for them these days mind 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart

FizzWhizz

Oven recommendation - get a Zanussi with the pyolitic self-cleaning function, they're amazing! If they're getting a bit grubby you just remove the shelves, unhook the metal slots from the side, switch it onto the cleaning setting and 90 minutes later there's a small pile of ash to wipe out of the bottom of a sparkling clean oven. Magic.
The element in my oven died yesterday, 10 days after the guarantee ran out when it was replaced last year 🙄 (and that was 14 months after it was replaced the time before 🙄🙄). Do self cleaning ovens smell bad/burny when you use that function? Thank you!

• Sad
  • Wow

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
Sounds like her ex bought some of the books and her pal bought another.

This is the same lassie who came stomping on here demanding that no one talk about her child.

I also think it’s a bit odd that she still refers to him as SB. He’s ten.

I also read an article where she says that he sometimes calls her Jack and sometimes calls her Mumma Jack. I’ve never called my mum anything other than mum. Calling her by her first name would just be all kinds of odd.
The husband had incredibly odd parents, who thought mum and dad were common. They got to being about 10 or so, and were given the choice of continuing to call them mummy and daddy, or by their first names. Even now, two of his sisters do the same with their now grown up kids. It's weird.

• Wow