Jack Monroe #42

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone help with my oven problem?

Reactions: 12
I'm sure I've heard the same story, but attached to a different author, and more than once so I wouldn't take that at prima facie
He did an amazing book related thing for a children’s charity I once worked for - but the story above did remind me of a poster (can’t remember name soz) who said she asked Jack’s team for some books for a food bank and after lots of chasing received some photocopies

Reactions: 13
after years of research, the recipe to create an influencer/blue ticker has finally been uncovered.

Reactions: 37
She tweeted a photo of her when she was 20 a few weeks ago showing her muscles saying she was training to be one.

That’s why I said that. I saw the photo

I do get that she talks bollocks a lot of the time.

Reactions: 13
Can anyone help with my oven problem?
I've only ever had cookers that suddenly stopped working and not heated up at all. It could well be on its last legs given the age too, having some final blasts of getting far too hot.

Reactions: 8
I though that when I read an interview with them, Allegra said something like she's so worldly wise, it just sounded so'ahh bless!' the way you'd talk about a bright but precocious child.

She seems to have stopped taking the piss now. Hopefully thought better of it! Or maybe she’s having a wee and a sandwich.

Maybe she’s making the pistachio milk that her followers are waiting for?!

Reactions: 20

Reactions: 7
I though that when I read an interview with them, Allegra said something like she's so worldly wise, it just sounded so'ahh bless!' the way you'd talk about a bright but precocious child.
Yes - like a child. There was a lot of ‘Here, you do this bit, dear’. Supposedly tongue in cheek but felt genuine; and uncomfortable.

Oh we're back to WC Jack today. Let's tweet a satirical comment about WC people not being *allowed* to eat fancy foods and watch the support roll in. Voice of the people. I'm bored and confused. Are you loaded or skint Jack just tell us already because nothing is making any sense you have a Smeg and an Emin and a designer wardrobe and a beautiful big rental but you shake the tip jar and get triggered if you lose a couple of months of work can you afford the vet or can't you because there's no other reason you wouldn't have gone yet bye

Reactions: 28
Thanks for the replies about my oven. As I said it’s the only oven I’ve had from new (not doing a JM here). I thought it was getting on a bit at 16 years.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.