Jack Monroe #414 Catch Me If You (Tin) Can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To paraphrase another frau's wonderful recent post you don't see JO tweeting about his bowels or sex life, sharing "sexy" photos of himself wearing Buddy's hoodie, or "that's not my penis"

Reactions: 53
To paraphrase another frau's wonderful recent post you don't see JO tweeting about his bowels or sex life, sharing "sexy" photos of himself wearing Buddy's hoodie, or "that's not my penis"
of course not, because JO has a life and a career and doesn't need validation from weird internet strangers and didn't decide to make his selling point "i'm so chaotic lalala!"

didn't he talk about being dyslexic and/or having ADHD in some of his earliest books? and yet he's never whined about it or used it as an excuse to not get things done. really makes you think.

Last edited:
Reactions: 59
Hello! What's this about a dildo? I'm not googling it.

When did everyone else realise she's completely deranged? It was the practice run for moving to a one bed for me.

Eta: Looking back, there were a number of signs.
There was a suspect looking dog toy on the bed. Unless you mean the time she described herself as one of these in her dating profile?
ironically, the people’s slop slinger is not powerful, quiet, compact or reliable. And her ‘recipes’ are neither simple nor satisfying. So she’s fuck all like one, in fact.

As to the derangement- lots of things, mostly the incessant selfie, slop and home contents picture posting, and the nonsensical (and often fictitious) aerated ramblings of an idiot.

Reactions: 37
Meanwhile, Mrs O actually really has long covid, and they're just getting on with working and raising 5 kids.

Reactions: 38
Mulberry bag seen here:

Reactions: 37
When this originally appeared, did any clever Frau try to triangulated the skirt to see if it was current season and therefore unlikely to be a charity shop find?

When this originally appeared, did any clever Frau try to triangulated the skirt to see if it was current season and therefore unlikely to be a charity shop find?
Quoting myself but is this it

Attachments

Reactions: 20
Just binged a podcast called “Sweet Bobby” over past few days. Think it was recommended on here. They could do a fabulous podcast about Jack Monroe …. Saint or Scammer?

Reactions: 29
Yo ninnies! Just spotted a writer on Twitter with over 11.K followers and a blue tick has tweeted a few times about our heroine. Can't screenshot as apparently technology hates me at the moment.

He says: "Interestingly, monetising your dislike of the Tories seems to me to be a very Tory thing to do." and a few other things. Conversation is definitely about JM. Getting a fair few likes. Seems to have been drawn into it over some argy-bargy with that Supertanthingy?? Or something to do with that Russ lad. Can't quite follow.

Reactions: 42
Weren’t those Jimmy Choos for that gender photoshoot? Were they “models own”?
I assume they’re actually hers. The shoes post was in July 2015. That graduation thing is giving me the RAGE again btw.

The Guardian article where she’s wearing similar/the same shoes doesn’t credit any of the clothing but that wasn’t til a year later in July 2016

Reactions: 23
Her lounge makes her look like a weirdo bloodsports supporter. I hate those hounds in suit type crap-& the hares. Clarissa Dickson Wright was a bloodsports fan (convicted hare courser), reminds me of the sort of decor she or uncle Monty in withnail would favour. And Allegra. How can Jack be 34 & still have no personal taste or style?

Reactions: 41
Not squig’ing cause they’ve got 17k plus followers but hahaha

That effing picture of her! If I saw that coming at me down a hallway, I’d think I was being haunted by the ghost of a deceased 1970s bus driver. I think Nicola’s saying “Begone, ye ghoulish apparition”

Reactions: 52
It's the Russ and Supertanskiii thing, not Jack, though I can see why you'd be confused. There's some detail about it over on the Russ thread.

Reactions: 22
In another universe Allegra would be perfect as Monty's niece.

Reactions: 31
Such a big campaigner for the Living Wage that one of the first articles that comes up on that second link is her saying the Living Wage isn’t good enough…

Also has she ever even done anything with the Living Wage Foundation? Apart from that weird invite on Twitter to come along to a supposed meeting with Sainsburys earlier this year that I don’t think they even replied to. Either way, Sainsburys staff still aren’t paid the Living Wage so she can’t have been that convincing. Assuming the meeting was even real.

Reactions: 29
Bare legs & boots is just unfathomable to me. All that ankle rubbing. Urrgh. Change your shoes or get ye some thermal tights

(off topic a bit but I live in a footballers wives type area & the current look in 40+ ladies is a flowery / bold maxi with Gucci/mcqueen sneakers and a denim or leather jacket. Even I do it for mum duty events as I don’t want to look out of place so end up conforming to some ridiculous mum uniform. It’s really stupid. Also; charity shop doesn’t always equal cheap. The ones around here are definitely more expensive than the equivalent new in Primark or Tesco. Not sure if it’s the same down south though.)

Reactions: 35
Holy fucking shit. I think I must be having an aneurysm.
What lunatic who has allegedly experienced such awful poverty which left their son hungry and themselves having to resort to sex work, not to mention the debts it brought with it all, would then spend £800 of their first book advance ON A FUCKING BAG?!!
How is she still not cancelled????!!!!!!! No one should ever take advice from this imbecilic charlatan.

Attachments

Reactions: 72
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.