Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ShowMeYourFeline

Chatty Member
Would also strongly advise you to check out thread #31: The One Where Jack Gets A Tattle Account (she came across as a right cock).

Couple of other details:
- she's obsessed with the fact that she lives in a "shitty rented bungalow" but it's actually a beautiful and HUGE detached property.
- she claims to have been in the fire service (and even used her expertise to help out after Grenfell) but in reality she was just a call handler.
- despite making money off the six months she lived on the edge of destitution/ foodbank use, her dad is actually quite high up in the fire service and she had a distinctly middle class childhood, being driven to ballet lessons in a (blue) Range Rover.

- we made her rage by questioning whether her cat was a pedigree. Also she's just got herself a very disabled new kitten for clicks.

She's... quite the character.
Bit in bold: I fucking knew it! Without knowing anything about her except her Wikipedia, and the fact she goes on about being poor/working class. I just fucking knew she would be one of these upper-middle class people who larp as poor. Like Lily “council house” Allen. (Who, incidentally, also inserted herself into the Grenfell aftermath)

It’s partly the self-description as working class, living in poverty etc. Real working class or impoverished people don’t revel in making their identity all about being poor.

Another part is that when wealthy people suddenly struggle financially, it’s a massive shock to them. JM was obviously horrified by her brief stint as a peasant. That’s because she’s not used to the conditions in which average people live.

The French have a saying that translates as “yearning for the mud”, for when wealthy people fetishise being poor. I think it probably applies to her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
I work in a school and I can’t speak for the other 1,000’s but I can say categorically that my Head doesn’t give a shite about a gobby Wannabe and has many more important things on his mind ; like the headache of our school reopening properly in September.

Fuck off Jack and stop dragging schools into your desperate battle for ongoing recognition and fame.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Also, book content aside, as a published author I find it very sad that she had no idea what her son's possibly favourite books were, or what he's read, until he's down to the last in the collection. Has she never discussed with him what he's been reading?
Yes I think the saddest thing about this whole sad thing is her lack of interest in her child's reading habits until it suits her own ego.
She is not a concerned Mum but a jealous snubbed would be author with axes to grind about 'white male millionaires'. She couldn't give a flying fuck about children's literature or she wouldn't be fixating on one author.
She's had months of lockdown with her son off school to discuss and debate his reading material if she was that interested and concerned. But instead she takes grimy selfies in her pants and lugs tins of paint around for fruitless hobbies. Oh and spends hours and hours and hours on twitter.

• Heart
  • Haha

Pocahontas

VIP Member
I've found the Edwina Currie clip online!!! Here's the link:

And the Edwina/Jack bit is around the 32:00 mark. I love it!!!
To be honest they both come off as insufferable beasts - but I did laugh when the grandfather was brought up and she goes, ‘My grandfather is DEAD.’

Not that it’s funny her grandfather is dead, of course - just the dramatic way she says it, like she’s a character in Days our Lives.

• Haha
Reactions: 49

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
Screenshot_20200707_205541.jpg

Invoking the name of Desmond Tutu against her. Omg these people. Ffs, don't you know how nicknames work? Her name is Tutelage and the nickname is Tutu. I feel like I'm going mad here.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49

MarmiteExtract

VIP Member
I actually re read a couple of her books a few years ago (I had read them all before I was 10 and I remember hiding them from my parents), but actually reading them back they are very tame, unless they’ve done some kind of re edit because of the whole scandal of them? All of her books were amazing though ❤
Love Judy Blume! She's spent her life speaking out against banning books in any form and has long been a defender of children's right to read whatever they want. A very, very different approach to our Jack.

Judy is fab.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Eurgh

VIP Member
Do you think she’s done it on purpose so when nobody offers her work again she can say she was ‘SILENCED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH! PUNISHED FOR HER PRINCIPLES BUT SOME THINGS ARE MORE IMPORTANT!!!’

• Haha
Reactions: 47

Blurp

VIP Member
Someone said to her they’re slightly different shades and was this the hardback and somebody else then did the index page and said ‘still black’ to which Jack said ‘yep’.
FFS, you can be slightly different shades of white, just as you can be brown or black. Isn't that like Jack always going on about her Greek Cypriot heritage and why her hands look dirty? Just because two illustrated characters aren't exactly the same shade of pink doesn't mean one is black.

• Heart

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
She’s now on the single parent bandwagon 🙄 Barely heard anything about SB until the last couple of days 🙄🙄🙄View attachment 174858
View attachment 174859Back to little miss nice. How patronising.
This is infuriating. I am also technically a ‘single parent’ in the same way Jack is, which is that her dad is still around, we have a good relationship and she stays at his every other weekend. I’d actually argue that parents like me and Jack are in very fortunate positions, more so than a lot of ‘nuclear families’ as we are actually getting regular breaks!

• Heart

HarderFaster

VIP Member
View attachment 174916
Fan called the loose women ‘old hags’. Quite right, Jack. Although it will annoy the fan.
She's fine with using misogynist language when it comes to her detractors ("the coven" of "pathetic hausfrau"), though.

View attachment 174926

It's not a competition, Jack! Zero help? Don't you share custody? Jimmy-Nail-shes-lying.JPEG

ETA: If she feels like this deep down though then it is really sad :( I normally refuse to comment on SB but he has never looking nothing but well looked after, despite everything that goes on with her.
She's so determined to win gold in the Oppression Olympics that she can't even show a shred of sympathy. This poor woman is obviously reaching out and she just has to get it in that she's doing Just As Badly (even though SB is evidently away often enough that she has missed a significant portion of his reading development...)

• Sad
  • Heart

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
It's so funny (peculiar) the way literally everything in Jack's life is up for public consumption (sexual assaults, DV, anorexia, ailments, etc etc) ... but when it comes to how she cares for her kitten, *that* is the thing which crosses the line, and she's unwilling to speak about it.

• Heart

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
An illustration or not, ‘blackness’ is about so much more than perceived skin colour. She’s been told the character isn’t a black woman she needs to let that particular point go ffs
Trouble is, if she admits her mistake then she reveals her own racism. She really did assume that someone with an "unpronounceable name" (her words), frizzy hair and nicknamed Archbishop Desmond Tutu was a black woman, with no further descriptors we are aware of. It is an embarrassing blunder, but backing down as soon as HarperCollins clarified it, she could've saved face. Nope, she wants to further cement her racism. Well, that woman I've been told is white looks suspiciously dark to me, I think she is a black woman. Look at her skin tone next to this other character. (None of this is word for word, but we all saw the tweets)
As always, she's being offensive and insensitive. Jack, you don't get to label people, even characters in someone else's book. It's gross.

• Heart

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
Monroe only got her diagnosis of autism a few years’ back, prompted by her inability to learn to drive, roundabouts and junctions being a particular hazard. “I just freeze, like a blackout. It happens in other areas of my life too,” she says. -https://www.scotsman.com/arts-and-c...-tins-twitter-and-talking-about-gender-102271

It just does not add up. Sorry.
I don’t drive and froze at junctions, roundabouts but it turns out I was just shit at driving and quite frankly, a menace on the roads .

I’m not on the Spectrum , just a shit driver.

• Haha

acca00

Chatty Member
The two photos of the Miss Tutelage cover is absolutely pathetic - you can move a piece of paper 5cm left or right and it will look darker/lighter, depending on where the sun is. It's just pathetic.

Jack has exposed her unconscious bias - you could argue it's casual racism.

Not so woke now, is she?

• Angry

Livewire

So a little update after my comments to her yesterday. Her troops didn’t come for me to hard, possibly because I didn’t engage with them at all. I was told to grow up, that I am entitled, that I was pathetic, that I should leave Twitter and that I don’t know how the internet works. No biggie BUT my goodness the notifications. Even now nearly 24 hours later the notifications continue. Her replies to me have over 100 likes each, the rude replies to me about the same. Very passive aggressive of them all but I survived and would have slept well if I didn’t have a 7 month old. 😂

• Wow
  • Sad