Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
This ridiculous. She's turning a bolognese into a goulash and then into a chill by adding spices or dark chocolate. How is that saving money?

• Haha
Reactions: 56

Bugger13

VIP Member
She might write this up & put it on her website later. Just said ‘this feels a bit obvious but yellow sticker stuff can be heavily discounted’. No shit.
Now the stocktake. People don’t have fucking hours like you dipshit to make four columns, they just check the fridge/cupboard 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow

confusedlady

'organised nature' i swear to almighty god if i don't see that chocolate pancake recipe on the website today there will be hell on

• Haha

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
I think you might be crediting Jack with heretofore unforeseen levels of self awareness
I think it's "head in the sand and it'll all go away" - that is a behaviour I believe she has and probably contributed to her financial situation. She characterises it now as being scared of brown envelopes due to The Poverty (tm) but I think she just hates taking any type of responsibility.

• Heart

PurpleAnt

Hello Tattlers. I’ve been lurking here since the HH2 blogpost. It seemed so unbelievable. I’m here to say thank you for making me laugh more than I can remember. The Jacktionary is a work of genius. (Although the grift itself is no laughing matter.)

I was out with colleagues the other day and it turned out two had already been down the JM rabbit hole. Others are now burrowing. Because of what I do for a living, and certain questions I’ve asked others, I can say with some authority that much more beyond the BAR podcast is already in the pipeline. You won’t be waiting long for more coverage.
im-intrigued-do-tell-me-more.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart

Mendacious Trumpet

I’m biased, it’s my favourite podcast, but it is the only one I regularly subscribe to. It is funny, but it is also well researched and they are thoughtful about contentious issues as well as internet bullshit. I don’t always agree them (well I normally agree with Katie because I love her a little bit) but they do proper investigation into things where a lot of journos just write the correct Twitter opinion in article format.

Before today I considered it well worth the money. Now I probs have to sell my house and give them the profits. Poor my family, send paypal-os
I don't want to derail the thread too much but I second the recommendation.
Katie and her employee Jesse are a lot like the wonderful members of the canal, very enjoyable to listen to, take no bullshit and are FORENSIC about misinformation.
And they waste their time researching internet bullshit so that I don't have to. (USA heavy but still funny - there's a good chunk of content that's free)

Last edited:
  • Heart

terfette

Chatty Member
I've had a few friends that were coke fiends (more polite than saying addicts i suppose) and did they did loads, I've thought for a long time that her drug of choice wasn't booze, her behaviour was classic coke user.

The being awake for days, the sniffing and the paranoi is a give away isn't it?
absolutely. My go to cover story for the sniffing was hayfever (which I do have but not that badly) and in winter “winter colds”.

paranoia on coke is next level too yes. I’ve never experienced paranoia like it. I smoked weed every day for 8 years aswell and never got paranoid at all, never mind like coke gets you.

The amount she deletes posts too. Thats related to it.

• Sad
Reactions: 55

BurgerLaBill

Chatty Member
Chuffing hell, I've just read about the podcast episode on JM. She's going to go nuclear. Also, remember what I was saying about reputation management a few days ago? She's going to need it. Expect a spell in rehab (real or imagined) very soon. Takes the 🔥 off.

Candytuft

VIP Member
Well, that was a mega grunk. I hope JM has the backlash she deserves. Conning people on Paetron and every other scam. I feel sorry for her son and her family because they will be on the frontline of her reactions and tantrums.
I know. It's horrible, I could imagine that if Jack is hurting then she'll make anyone close to her suffer as well. I've known people like that.
All the money she's scammed over the years, much more than I think we realise and she can't take her son on holiday. fair enough it might be for safeguarding concerns but he goes to a caravan for a few days and she goes abroad and all over the country.Took his David Walliams book away, gleefully accepted the Lego flowers. Where are the things just for him ? He couldn't even arrange his room. The figures in there she claimed belonged to someone else.
Does she know how badly this reflects on her ? No. Or she doesn't care. It's all Content.

• Sad
  • Heart

Snotbuster

VIP Member
Yes, I was just listening and thought the same. Also I didn't like the piss taking about British food. I'm in a grump today so I'm sure that's just my mood talking. The Jack stuff is fascinating to hear out loud though. It's like she's been hiding in plain sight.
British food and British teeth--Americans delight in cracking wise at how awful both are. And Americans are all fatties who eat Jello salad. I understand and sympathize as a Jello salad eater. I have come to appreciate the variations and breadth of British foods even if I question some ya'll's choices. Black pudding, f'r instance. And if I have to hear Paul Hollywood crab about American desserts I may lose it.

Anyway, we're still pounding each other in the balls even after that whole Revolution thing. A proud tradition.

• Haha
  • Heart

Lucky Escape

VIP Member
Thinking about her spendy habits, I can now see why she got rid of her limited company.

Sole traders have much more freedom around what they class as business expenses than company directors do. I'd be willing to bet that she's setting most of what she buys against tax.

So, all that crockery? She needs it to display her cookery
Thirty fucking sideboards? Essential storage for her business
Overnight trip to Dublin? That was for a paid interview
Half her rent? Well, she needs a room to use as an office, another as a photography studio, a third for videos and interviews - and, of course, her kitchen is essential to her work, too
Viv Westwood dresses? Worn to awards ceremonies, which are so important for marketing
She might even get away with claiming her weekly Ocado order is needed for recipe development!

She's bound to be well above the VAT threshold, so gets to claim back 20% of non-food items that she buys straight away.

For anything consumable or expendable, she'll be able to claim the rest back in the same year... and for everything else, she can write off the depreciation - probably something like 20% of the value each year for five years.

If she were on PAYE earning what she does, she'd be paying well over £50k in tax a year (income tax plus EE & ER NICS). I'd love to know what she actually pays.

• Wow

Bugger13

VIP Member
Anyone got access to this who can drop it into an online AI audio transcription? (i.e. not rely on a Moleskine notebook and a crumbly hand)
If you go on their Twitter you can listen to the first ten mins free btw

I wonder if Jack’s massive strop about potatoes was because of this expose? Surely that’s it? She’ll only have a few wet ninnies who haven’t figured it out if she comes back?

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
The more I see of all that furniture the more boggled my mind is. Why would you have so many pieces from the same company, from the same line, so many nearly-identical sideboards and wardrobes and bureaus? It would drive me absolutely bonkers.

And how are there so many rooms in that house? It's like the Cotswold Company set up a showroom in the fucking Tardis.
What gets me is that obviously she and LJC did a huge order from the CC to furnish the place together (at least, this is how Jack claims she afforded it), then LJC leaves and just...leaves everything in it for Jack? Doesn't want a single item for her own place? Okuuurr

• Haha
  • Heart

AnnRKey

Chatty Member
I have not seen a single article in the last few months with a money saving tip that hasn’t been shared a million times before.
Yep. She never shares any vouchers, bargain deals, loyalty cards, cashback schemes etc. It's all about the fuckin rinsed hoops. Well I can't be hooped with her pish. I am glad I didn't clock that she was on Radio Scotland earlier or I might have had to listen just in case she claims she's even more Scottish than she would love to be.

Reactions: 54