Jack Monroe #403 It’s hard to believe anything Jack Monroe says anymore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
45A469EC-0AB0-4C0D-9538-47799BE96403.jpeg

Unfortunately, we do know what goes on in your designed/not designed kitchen, as you occasionally inflictbleeping terrible ‘recipes’ on us.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
New (old) pinned tweet and a follow up to plug her books, with an Amazon link.

Poor Big Green Books, who was so happy to meet her today, will likely be gutted by that 😔 She has no grace.

3E0F9487-29B7-40CF-B6A6-F6E3636A4AA8.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
Sorry if this has already been said as I’m still catching up but she bangs on about how she’s supported UBI “for a decade” but the first tweet of hers referring it is only from 2021, and there are only about 10 or so of them in total. I’ve not seen a decade’s worth of campaigning from her on it.

This is one of the things gets me about her, right - it would be enough if she had been campaigning for it for the past year, like it wasn’t really a relatively mainstream idea until about 5 years ago so it would be fine if she didn’t know about it previous to that?? But it’s the way she claims something and massively exaggerates it instead of actually DOING something.
Exactly - she's basically claiming to have been campaigning for UBI since way back when she was fresh out of the fire service, which is clearly bullshit. She's a fantasist.

Reactions: 41
My dearest canal, do not cast me out for showing you Jack's relationship with oats. Instead cherish the thought of an oat piece from a drawer. Truly, that is gourmet dining.

Screenshot_20220924-232625_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220924-232343_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220924-232329_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220924-232231_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220924-232218_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220924-232200_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220924-232150_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
Poor Big Green Books, who was so happy to meet her today, will likely be gutted by that 😔 She has no grace
Big green books has blocked me on twitter, I've never interacted with them. I have looked about the website and noticed they have a patreon... 'for charity' make of that what you want... A bookshop with a patreon.. weird.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Big green books has blocked me on twitter, I've never interacted with them. I have looked about the website and noticed they have a patreon... 'for charity' make of that what you want... A bookshop with a patreon.. weird.
I’ve said before, I’m a big fan & I’m subscribed to the Patreon. I get a regular newsletter and first dibs on signed books. I’m satisfied that the £ also goes towards books for schools, refugees, etc. I’m sure that BGB is a good guy and I met him 🔺 when he had the physical shop in N London.

My dearest canal, do not cast me out for showing you Jack's relationship with oats. Instead cherish the thought of an oat piece from a drawer. Truly, that is gourmet dining.

To be helpful, I have listed the names of the ‘recipes’. You’re all welcome. Now duck off x

Serial killer’s bath (sorry)
Squashed berries on fresh plaster
Firelighters (heavy duty)
Acid trip (bad one)
Fried onions on spray foam
Pebbledash
Child’s painting of sunset over a forest

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.