Jack Monroe #403 It’s hard to believe anything Jack Monroe says anymore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
jack’s has epaulettes, the AS one hasn’t.

I don't think it does, isn't that just the upper lapel on Jack's? 🤔
Ah so they have a version with epaulettes and it's even more spenny

*checks notes* buy bigger magnifying glass

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I feel for the volunteers at the Hastings Book Festival. There’s probably not much money behind it and a forensic Frau spotted that they’d had to scale it back as late as this month. The festival get a ‘name’ for what is surely a prime event and what promotion has she done? Almost zilch. No recent mention on social media bar announcing she’s writing her speech mere hours before, which to me shows utter contempt. Ok, they absolutely chose the wrong person to represent working class women. And they’ve had negative comments from that, and will maybe reflect and learn. But will they bother even trying next year? Jack has done nothing to raise the profile and prestige of the event and that makes me sad. I love books and widening the appeal and diversity of a book festival has to be a good thing. As ever, Jack has only thought of herself. Charlatan.
I've been involved with helping organise our literature festival, and people think because where I live gets lots of visitors that the festival has lots of money, if only! We had very little, luckily authors like to come and visit where we are based.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
The floral boilersuit picture just flashed up as someone's user pic. Looks like Joe Biden, done in a pressure cooker.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
She’s a young Tory fogey.
she was in her early 20s selling her Wedgwood, and all other sorts of middle aged lady stuff. She probably had a Lladro ornament 😂🫣
'Well preserved'? I'm 70's vintage and she looks older than me! And that's with the botox, etc.

Reactions: 23
Whoever came up with SmolPixie, thank you so much. Thats permanently how my head refers to her now. Smolpixie went to Asda to save the poors and ended up with some tit spaghetti hoops..

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Regarding the porridge:. I knew a guy when I was at college who spent most of his grant on clothes snd going out, in the first week.

He made a huge vat of porridge and poured it into a drawer and let it set then cut a slice for each meal, as he had no money left for food.

I guess you COULD just eat porridge but it would be truly awful

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
Regarding the porridge:. I knew a guy when I was at college who spent most of his grant on clothes snd going out, in the first week.

He made a huge vat of porridge and poured it into a drawer and let it set then cut a slice for each meal, as he had no money left for food.

Did this get sent into a podcast? I’m sure I’ve heard it before?

• Haha
Reactions: 24

I have heard tales about cold, sliced porridge from a drawer as a staple of the Scottish diet during hard times. I’m sure it’s better than starving but I’m not hugely tempted to try it.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I just started the menopause. I was so hoping that one was right because it would have made me feel better about my body's new central heating system.
Maybe as a way to circumvent (Jack will probably type circumcise) all the rising fuel costs, Jack will tell all women to start the menopause.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

Lord help us all, drawer porridge is ending me.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
She would feel so much better if she shut the Patreon and admitted she‘d fucked up. But she won’t because she appears to be incapable of ever admitting she’s made a mistake and I think she’s convinced herself that riding out the questions and challenges is worth it if the cash still keeps rolling in. I don’t think it it and it’s playing havoc with her mental health.
If I were her agent I'd tell her to fess up, shut the Patreon and the PayPal, pay back whatever she could, and then go on the chat-show/newspaper interview tour with "it all got out of hand and I am reinventing myself". Of course, that would require her to decide on and commit to a new direction (h/t Spinal Tap), and making her stick to that would be a challenge to put it mildly.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I knew about this. I genuinely had an elderly relative of my friend at school lecture me on profligacy with stories of drawer porridge. I said I make bread pudding, surely this is not much different...
How long can porridge in a drawer last without mould? My air fryer I found lasts about 6 minutes 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.