Jack Monroe #403 It’s hard to believe anything Jack Monroe says anymore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel for the volunteers at the Hastings Book Festival. There’s probably not much money behind it and a forensic Frau spotted that they’d had to scale it back as late as this month. The festival get a ‘name’ for what is surely a prime event and what promotion has she done? Almost zilch. No recent mention on social media bar announcing she’s writing her speech mere hours before, which to me shows utter contempt. Ok, they absolutely chose the wrong person to represent working class women. And they’ve had negative comments from that, and will maybe reflect and learn. But will they bother even trying next year? Jack has done nothing to raise the profile and prestige of the event and that makes me sad. I love books and widening the appeal and diversity of a book festival has to be a good thing. As ever, Jack has only thought of herself. Charlatan.
Beautifully said. Couldn't agree more.

I felt sad by the Hastings post, never nice to see the arts struggling, but as you eloquently put, they only have themselves to blame. Maybe she is the only person they could get?! Jackie is the kiss of death to PR.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
I feel for the volunteers at the Hastings Book Festival. There’s probably not much money behind it and a forensic Frau spotted that they’d had to scale it back as late as this month. The festival get a ‘name’ for what is surely a prime event and what promotion has she done? Almost zilch. No recent mention on social media bar announcing she’s writing her speech mere hours before, which to me shows utter contempt. Ok, they absolutely chose the wrong person to represent working class women. And they’ve had negative comments from that, and will maybe reflect and learn. But will they bother even trying next year? Jack has done nothing to raise the profile and prestige of the event and that makes me sad. I love books and widening the appeal and diversity of a book festival has to be a good thing. As ever, Jack has only thought of herself. Charlatan.
That on the Daily Kitchen was the most staggering thing have ever seen. Demands the original high profile chef be replaced, gets gig, doesnt turn up in studio, doesnt test equipment and then stands there on live BBC broadcast like a schoolgirl saying the cat ate her homework. That gig was the kind of gig that could set you up ofr years of work. Instead she used it to advertise that she couldnt cook, didnt take work seriously and would jeapordise any such project. I thought Matt was a bit of dick but can totally see why. I'd have been bleeping furious.

• Heart
Reactions: 80
See, am sure if it was a “name” like Marian Keyes she’d have posted on socials.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
She never cooks seasonally either( as mentioned before) my husband know someone who grows alot of patty squashes on their allotment and gave us some, tonight my dinner is patty squash, chicken, spinach, peppers, mushrooms, mixed in with chilli,garlic ( crushed) salt, pobp, some mixed herbs and orzo pasta( fancy) with tiger bread slices on the side( needs using up) all of it is store cupboard or remeinants of shopping from the other day.

We have crumble for afters from my foaraging off the free apple barrels set outside the posh houses near by kids school.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Looks like a mistake on the Companies House website - unless Jack is well-preserved and her dad was lying when he said in the fostering article that she was a teenager. But she does often talk like she's older than 34 ...
She’s a young Tory fogey.
she was in her early 20s selling her Wedgwood, and all other sorts of middle aged lady stuff. She probably had a Lladro ornament 😂🫣

• Haha
Reactions: 51
As a very stupid teenager I used to put cut up grapes in the microwave for a laugh because it sets them on fire. Not sure how I made it to adulthood
I never knew this.

I have grapes, I have a microwave.....

:devilish:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
I looked through business bombed Squig's tweets, and apparently she was paying £12 per month. I've yet to see one of the hundreds of people paying just £1, as Jack Monroe claims.
Agreed completely, but we also have to be careful with this as would you bother raising a dispute on Twitter if you were on the £1 or £3.50 tiers for a couple of months… especially as both of them don’t contain any physical benefits so what complaint do they really have, unless they clock she’s not an orphaned donkey in need of sponsorship. 🤷🏻‍♀️

There’s a post within the last few threads where someone amazing counted the photo of her sending out subscriber benefits and something like 2% were on the £44 tier, 25% odd on the postcards tier £7 which gave an avg blended sub or £5.26 iirc, remember a lot of those would have been legacy subs on the £3.50 tier when it was labelled as literally keeping her and her child fed hence why they likely account for such a large %. Since then & the huuuuge cohort of Nigella acquired subscribers I have no doubt that the avg per sub has gone up, but we have absolutely no evidence to prove it, sadly. I’ll add in a higher avg per sub of >£10 in this month’s summary and a proper write up on that historical Nov 2020 calc (with credit to the counting frau, big ups ❤) but I don’t think it’s fair to assume this small dissenting sample of under 10 subscribers is wholly representative of her 7/800 subscriber base. And that’s no slight on them or anyone it’s just something we should bear in mind imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
The silence today, despite a modest flurry of @‘s from people who heard her ‘speech’ is rather odd. Surely she’s travelling and itching to be on her phone, but she’s not even liked those tweets.

That, together with Teemill being offline still, suggests to me that Something Is Afoot.

Chaos incoming…?

• Sad
Reactions: 45
Agreed completely, but we also have to be careful with this as would you bother raising a dispute on Twitter if you were on the £1 or £3.50 tiers for a couple of months… especially as both of them don’t contain any physical benefits so what complaint do they really have, unless they clock she’s not an orphaned donkey in need of sponsorship. 🤷🏻‍♀️

There’s a post within the last few threads where someone amazing counted the photo of her sending out subscriber benefits and something like 2% were on the £44 tier, 25% odd on the postcards tier £7 which gave an avg blended sub or £5.26 iirc, remember a lot of those would have been legacy subs on the £3.50 tier when it was labelled as literally keeping her and her child fed hence why they likely account for such a large %. Since then & the huuuuge cohort of Nigella acquired subscribers I have no doubt that the avg per sub has gone up, but we have absolutely no evidence to prove it, sadly. I’ll add in a higher avg per sub of >£10 in this month’s summary and a proper write up on that historical Nov 2020 calc (with credit to the counting frau, big ups ❤) but I don’t think it’s fair to assume this small dissenting sample of under 10 subscribers is wholly representative of her 7/800 subscriber base. And that’s no slight on them or anyone it’s just something we should bear in mind imo.
Yeah, you're never going to see a £3.50 subscriber grumbling about rewards because they're only feeding SB his cheap maize snacks.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 36

BIB: #threadtitlenomination 🦉🍾

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I have been following these threads since July (when my little one was born and Tattle got me through night feeds!), but I’ve been wound up by Jack for much longer 😂

Apologies if this has already been said, but her recent tweets about all the ‘campaigns’ she’s been involved in have made me wonder - do you think she actually believes this stuff? I have always thought she’s a massive grifter, but I’m starting to wonder if she’s actually quite unwell, and really believes the stories she’s telling?
I used to think that she knew she was lying but considered it ok for her to do so to win a point. I have come to believe that she actually believes what she says at any given point in time. It's like a document in her head that she edits, add something in, its a fact, delete it, never existed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 45
View attachment 1602142

If you can't feed a family of four on £20 STFU. Just another totally normal day in Squigworld.
I always find this a strange argument from the squigs. How do they know what that person has or hasn't done? It's the mindset of 'if it isn't on Facebook or Twitter then it didn't happen.'

Just to share what a wonderful human bean I am, today I added 5p to my total in Wilko for charity when I paid.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Is there a list of bad advice she's given? I remember there was the "ripening" fruit in microwaves - which is surely just cooking it.
Pumbling hell I forgot all about this, I shall endeavour to acquire some unripe pears for forensic purposes 🕵️‍♂️

I’ve been thinking this for a while, reckon many of her Patreon subscribers are shelling out way more than people think, I’m guessing it’s around £5k per month, maybe more. Its why she’ll never release the figures, her poor working class routines dies if she ever announced how much it’s bringing in. Add in her tip jar, speaking events, TV gigs etc, I think we‘d all be shocked by her monthly income if it was ever declared. Even her die-hard squigs are gonna have trouble explaining that away. Grifting pays and in Jack’s case it’s paying out big.
I think this is why she overreacted to the (apparently widespread) Patreon hacking attempts, she's scared shitless of someone finding out how much she's raking in and exposing it because it would be the permanent end to her grift.

firefox_VvgCsJFfYC.png

1664042079632.png

But that's exactly what your £20 'weekly' shop would involve Jack...
ETA oops

1664042650918.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 67
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.