Jack Monroe #403 It’s hard to believe anything Jack Monroe says anymore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t believe she is doing this working class key note talk. It really is outrageous. This is just like her BLM bandwagon jumping.

at this stage my only hope is JKR having a read at molly’s article and retweeting it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
I’m sure she’ll be using her huge platform to highlight HARC (Hastings Advice and Representation Centre) who do lots of good work supporting people with benefits and school uniform poverty.
No, Jack prefers the poors contact her directly so she can feast on their misery and build her strength. This organisation sounds like it might solve a few problems for them which isn't really Jack's thing.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Does anyone find it odd that all the people from the help forums are always called Jess. Are they bots?

I didn't realise Jess was such a common name.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
3k squig having a hard and horrible time trying to get a refund from Jack Monroe's Patreon.

Jack - reign your nasty followers in, this is despicable. They are doing you no favours.

Screenshot 2022-09-24 at 10.47.17.png

Screenshot 2022-09-24 at 10.47.24.png

Screenshot 2022-09-24 at 10.47.35.png

Screenshot 2022-09-24 at 10.47.46.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 166
Not squiggling cause it's patreon.
Has it been spotted before?

I've removed picture, it had a name.in I didn't spot and now it's squiggled.

Blimey. I'm good at interwebbing..

View attachment 1600454

Patreon support has replied to someone telling them to fill in a form if they want a refund.

Lonk of its allowed.
https://support.patreon.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000334451

I know someone that posted was a patreon.
So how does it work? I'm imagining it's like a credit card. The CC would refund you and then they claim the money back from the vendor. Is that how this would work? Patreon pay you then claim it back from Jack?
If it is then she's fucked. She'd have to pay back thousands if not hundreds of thousands.

Reactions: 33
Hello Canal,

I've been MIA as it's school holidays here in Oz and we've been on a mini-break. I wanted to say hello properly and why I'm here. I'm just going to type, to see where it goes. Am also happy to answer questions too.

When Jack first appeared on the scene, I was sad to read about how hard she had it. The pictures of her looking miserable, SB being wheeled out for photos, the missing father, the list went on.

I was a bit ambivalent about it all, she was someone I followed on twitter, but that was about it. When she decided to become they and start on testosterone, I started following her closer, as I am also gender fluid and knew how hard it was to be one thing, but visually present in another way.
I sent some money over PayPal, and joined Patreon; because as a business model for artists, it works, providing artists deliver from their end. The kickstarter for the book too, I ordered two, requested one to be donated to my old senior school. Still not received either.

At the time; my partner and I were struggling financially, so I stopped paying. I then randomly received the aforementioned sh!t-house onion in April 2020 and the other three postcards. Which must have crossed over between me cancelling my subscription and Jack pulling her finger out of her arse to Do. Something.

I hadn't really kept track of what I'd sent over until I found you lot, (via Sali Hughes), started lurking and reading my way through. Then, I went back and was horrified to find it was just over £600. Needless to say, I feel stupid.

I came off twitter in the middle of the pandemic, as the stupidity of people was driving me mad. When AM published her article, I rejoined in August to cheer her on and be another voice in the crowd of 'It happened to me too. As I believed some of the BS and gave her the benefit of the doubt too often.'

Some things never added up:
  1. I remember looking at the mirror tiles in the kitchen thinking, 'You can't be that skint, none of the 'breadline' housing where I'm from has anything nice in it'. It's all functional. Then we got told that as she's renting, she didn't choose them etc.
  2. Moving miles away from SB's school.
  3. The illness(es) and miracle cures of honey and vinegar.
  4. The alcoholism, but being absolutely vicious on twitter to anyone faintly contradicting each her.
  5. The endless dragging furniture around, while being too sick to move.
  6. Why her family apparently did nothing to help her.
  7. Why the father of SB did apparently nothing to help her.
  8. Why the fricking hell she veers from 'LOOK AT ME!, LOOK AT ME!' to 'LEAVE ME ALONE, I just want to live a small life. I'm so mentally damaged, but can't shut the hell up.'
I also own that while I had a few 'Hmmms?' going, I try to believe people are who they say they are. I'm ashamed at how much I donated, how much I drank the Kool-aid. I know I'm not getting the money back, but I want to know where it went.

Lastly, I'm sharing this with you, not so you can laugh at me - although I'm sure some of you will. I'm sharing this with you to show that the tide is turning.
No-one here will laugh at you lovely, many here were once fans of Jack and bought her books etc. It takes a while to stitch everything together and realise what she really is, finding Tattle certainly helps with that! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 50
So how does it work? I'm imagining it's like a credit card. The CC would refund you and then they claim the money back from the vendor. Is that how this would work? Patreon pay you then claim it back from Jack?
If it is then she's fucked. She'd have to pay back thousands if not hundreds of thousands.
Honestly?
I have no idea, I haven't been through the process personally because I have never and will never ever ever ever EVER support her via patreon, ever.. And if that's not clear enough, I will NOT ever support her via patreon... I just SHAN'T.

🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 21
3k squig having a hard and horrible time trying to get a refund from Jack Monroe's Patreon.

Jack - reign your nasty followers in, this is despicable. They are doing you no favours.

View attachment 1601519
View attachment 1601521
View attachment 1601522
View attachment 1601523
Why do they think all of these people wh just want either their money or rewards are trying to ruin her and therefore need ruining themselves. I personally hope karam bites them on the big one. They deserve nothing!

Reactions: 36
Screenshot 2022-09-24 11.06.01.png

I think the keynote speech is shaping up to be the aneurysm for whole swathes of left wing twitter.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 88
bleeping hell, her flying monkeys really are absolutely unhinged. Why doesn’t she step in when she complains about EXACTLY THE SAME STUFF

E3D122FA-E619-4487-B9C9-331F2659F4F7.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.