Jack Monroe #403 It’s hard to believe anything Jack Monroe says anymore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cannot get over the price of the ‘thrifty’ book. In jackonomics £20 is the price of an average weekly shop, so in real terms the book costs about £80 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Tiffany earrings, smearing one of the 77 high end lipsticks on there mush and wearing expensive clothing found in a puddle screams working class to me.
I predict the talk will be self serving and will go down as well as a rinsed hoop!

Reactions: 34
Just for context for non-southern England fraus, Hastings is as far as I'm aware, the most poverty stricken town in the south. Makes Jack's rehashed story even bleaker in context.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
Apologies if anyone has mentioned this before... but just think how much food potentially might have been wasted on those shite recipes?

• Sad
Reactions: 28
I've raised money for food banks too. Am I a campaigner? Or is it about more than that? Pretty sure it's about more than that or everyone would be a campaigner.

Tweeting your life away about whatever issue can make you go viral isn't campaigning.

Marcus had meetings (like that one you had with the ONS Jack except something came of it) Ideas were suggested. Actions were taken. That's campaigning. Ideas and actions. Not Twitter diarrhoea.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
View attachment 1601351

Sneak preview from Thrifty Kitchen.
According to horrible histories they used urine to bleach clothes too in medieval times.

Also do people mention the campaigns that were unsuccessful. I mean she got people heard but no one listened so what was the point. Did she just leave it there with i tried.
Strange for a campigner, normallly they put more heat on not less

Reactions: 24
She has no idea about class. Of course working class people aren’t all poor (or stupid, or unable to cook).
If Jack had stayed in school she would know about nuances in history, wealth and politics- aristocrats falling on hard times, middle class CB people losing it all on a bad business deal or in a recession. Smart taxi drivers and tradespeople earning a great wage thriving in social housing.
I feel like she’s learned all her opinions on society from watching Eastenders and reading The Daily Mail.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 75
It always blows my mind how much actual stuff she could have accomplished if she just stopped reading here and gatekeeping Twitter all day long. She could have done real work and achieved real respect, but no she’s fucked everything up and it’s all coming home to roost now. What a waste.
Ouch. I felt that personally. Need to contact my therapist… 😂❤

I saw 3 unrelated retweets of the working class tweet. People seem to be aghast, and rightly so.

Reactions: 28
Just for context for non-southern England fraus, Hastings is as far as I'm aware, the most poverty stricken town in the south. Makes Jack's rehashed story even bleaker in context.
I’m sure she’ll be using her huge platform to highlight HARC (Hastings Advice and Representation Centre) who do lots of good work supporting people with benefits and school uniform poverty.

Reactions: 39
I have sent an FoI to the NHS re the healthy start voucher claim as I believe that is bollocks.

I am planning to send one about her "consultation" on the government food strategy at some point, just need to check which department to send it to and make sure the wording is good.

Still waiting on the BBC to reply to my FoI re her interview with Boris Johnson. Should hear back by mid October on that one.
It would be the department of health and social care x

Reactions: 18
Very interesting tweets last night from a squig who ain't gonna let it lie. Be interesting to see how long it is before she blocks them.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
View attachment 1600727

Well Catherine Cookson wrote fiction, and you’re going to write about being a ‘working class woman’. At last I see why you might have been asked.

YOU UTTER GOBSHITE.
How dare she claim to be a “working class woman “! She hasn’t faced any barriers because somehow she has had her regurgitated (literally) recipes published in books and the Guardian. She is a case of the Emperor's Clothes” on speed. She sickens me. duck off mackie.

• Sad
Reactions: 58
My fellow Tucci fan’s upstairs, hence yelling.

“STANLEY TUCCI’S ON SATURDAY KITCHEN AND MATT OF THE FOREARMS JUST SAID…”

“…MATT OF THE WHAT?”

“… never mind”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Not more chaos!

Its a saturday. I have stuff to do, with my kids ffs!

All well here comes spending saturday evening grunking.

Good luck with your talk pet, you'll Bore them to tears smash it.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I've raised money for food banks too. Am I a campaigner? Or is it about more than that? Pretty sure it's about more than that or everyone would be a campaigner.

Tweeting your life away about whatever issue can make you go viral isn't campaigning.

Marcus had meetings (like that one you had with the ONS Jack except something came of it) Ideas were suggested. Actions were taken. That's campaigning. Ideas and actions. Not Twitter diarrhoea.
As the late, great Philip Seymour Hoffman once said '“It doesn't matter what you thought. It matters what you did. It matters what you didn't do.”

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.