Jack Monroe #403 It’s hard to believe anything Jack Monroe says anymore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone ever ask Asda of she did really bring back smartprice?

Asda is owned by Walmart. One of the biggest companies in the world. Did they really listen to jack? (Did they duck)

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I doubt it’s true she’s working through the night on it now, it’s just a way to throw another brag into the mix
Ah that makes sense, of course. And to make it appear that this is the only spare moment of time she‘s had in her 100 hour working week.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
What is wrong with the patrons of the Hastings Literary Festival that JM's speech is "sold out" and the events with [checks notes] real authors still have tickets available?

Reactions: 32
Blimmin eck!!! And she's writing it NOW? And... Telling people that she's writing it now,? Wot a tit
It's interesting that virtually everyone from a group that has been excluded at some point feels they need to work twice as hard to be taken seriously but there's Jack swaggering in at the last minute with The Speech version of The Article and all the confidence privilege can buy. Funny that.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
I promise you I didn’t hack this! Found it in a puddle, amazingly.

EXCLUSIVE!

Keynote by Jack Monroe

Hiya. I’d like to thank Catherine Cookson for inviting me to this. Cheers, Catherine! Love your books. If I wasn’t so busy I’d give them a go. I’m an author too! My new book will be out in the new year so please, please buy it. It will help me to help so many other poor people *pause for applause*

As a working class woman, I’ve had to really struggle to get my voice heard. From the Southend Echo, to the Guardian, Diva, 6 published books, Daily Kitchen Live, BBC & ITV breakfast programmes, giving evidence at Parliament - boooo to politicians except the nice ones! - and numerous requests to appear on Strictly, I can tell you that I don’t feel at all seen. I’ve found it really, really hard to break in to the posh cliques in food and media.

Two of my previous fiancés - a chef and a top broadcaster - used to say that they couldn’t believe that I wasn’t on TV all the time! Well, here I am, humbly striving to make the world better. And some people - nefarious ones - begrudge my distant dreams of improving my life. Well they can do one! Thank you for listening. I have a Patreon if you’re interested, I’m embarrassed to mention it but my team INSISTED. Bye for now!

I’ll pose for pictures after, £25 each. Proceeds to the poor. See ya!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 104
She makes pastry by melting the butter/fat in the microwave then stirring it into flour.
Reading that made me realise she was a crap cook with no knowledge of food or cooking techniques.
My Christmas wish is for Jack to complete a technical challenge on Bake-off and present her work to Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith. Live, ideally.

On another note… does she think tit is supposed to float? My experience is admittedly limited. But I’ve generally found that the goal is for it to sink, so that it flushes away. And if it does occasionally rise to the surface, I’ve expended

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
They need someone who wont say the situation for working women in the publishing industry is that its an industry of very well off people passed down to the next generatoin of very well off people and so there are very working class women in publishing which is why they need a cosplaying smol pixie to give the Catherine Cookson lecture...

• Heart
Reactions: 38
JM - expert in shitting all over working class people. I'm from a very very poor background, I guess I could be considered middle class now. duck's sake, own it. Don't co-opt and romanticise people's lived experience (I bleeping hate that Guardian-sounding phrase). Then you've got the alleged grift and the "I know better than you" attitude. Self aggrandising, dead eyed, narcissistic. And no, I won't ever forgive you for breaking that AA confidence with that tweet.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Oops! I meant to say that I have in the past made considerable effort to ensure that floating shits are successfully sunk to destroy all evidence.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Hold up. 2 hours? 2 HOURS? I‘m sorry but I need to go and calculate how many repetitions of the pov story that’s gonna be. Christ.
Perhaps she’ll be like a hungover supply teacher and just stick on a movie. How about I, Daniel Blake? That was based on her life story right?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
If she's so LITERAL... here's a test. I've someone said to her "Jack, stop tweeting" Would she?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.