Jack Monroe #402 Which police squad will be tasked to investigate Jack being signed up to a mailing list?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If Js agents have indeed booked her for a memoir (HH2.1) next September, and it's not just a mis-categorisation - could all this be a provisional recap of the 10 year torment as a popularity test run? And if she shuts everything else down (because trolls) she can add that in, retire from endless unpaid labours, and have peace and quiet to write it all out longhand in between collecting 5k's for occasional speaking gigs . It all ties up quite neatly.

Reactions: 17
Just finished what feels like a hundred hour day today, still have dinner too cook and other less glamrous parenting stuff.

I see after her little hissy fit she went back to bed, good for her.

I think the time we at ate worst for off topic was during her rehab stint. Apologies if i am one of the perps. I will try and behave.

I dont understand why if she has all of this help why she is doing all of this troll stuff alone. Surely if her mates are there she wont be alone. Isnt one of them reading and reporting about on here, i actually think that is a bit horrid. I wouldnt share gossip about my mate with them, as they dont need to know, also i wouldn't read it for the same reason.
i think this is probably a large part of the problem. Her ‘friends’ will be saying things like ‘oh my god you wouldn’t believe what they’re doing on tattle now, they’re trying to guess your passwords’. And she’ll head to the bird site, all guns blazing, without actually checking and realising it was a joke. I bet she’s got loads of people fuelling the fire.

• Sad
Reactions: 29
Do I want to ask about Grenfell?

I literally was just following an ASDA campaign that was crappy. That was it. THis is a rabbit hole...
Me. 'Why is that advertorial not declared as PR and why is it getting so much coverage'...The internet. 'Holy tit this is what you missed....'.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
so here's a slightly OT ramble....

arborio rice IS expensive. but you know what isn't, is similarly starchy, and is much more economical? buying a bag of short-grain or sushi rice at an Asian market. the sort of tip you'd think a "budget cook" would want to pass on, rather than just saying "eh, all rice is the same".

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
I cant with the cancer tweets lost too many family members to it.

If she really was concerned she should have went too see a dr and taken someone with her for support. No one else needed to know, until she knew either way.

Thats her biggest issue ( outside of current twitter topics) she shares too much with complete strangers. If i have a concern, i tell my husband, if for some reason i cannot tell him, i tell my sister, if i cant tell her, i will tell my best friend etc. I would never tell a bunch of randomers online.
Does she have any friends? Can you imagine how absolutely impossible she would be, and as for family, I’m sure they are mightily sick of her and her dreadful food.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Do I want to ask about Grenfell?

I literally was just following an ASDA campaign that was crappy. That was it. THis is a rabbit hole...
Me. 'Why is that advertorial not declared as PR and why is it getting so much coverage'...The internet. 'Holy tit this is what you missed....'.
She wrote and later deleted a really terrible article placing herself smack bang in the centre of Grenfell and implying a certain level of expertise that she really doesn't have. It's insane and offensive so I'll leave it entirely up to you whether you want to see for yourself but the link is below.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 36

arborio rice IS expensive. but you know what isn't, and is much more economical? buying a bag of short-grain or sushi rice at an Asian market. the sort of tip you'd think a "budget cook" would want to pass on, rather than just saying "eh, all rice is the same".
At a push you can absolutely use short grain rice instead of risotto rice, or vice versa, I make rice pudding with risotto rice all the time. BUt long grain? What? It'll be basmati next. Its the herbs for me. No, basil will taste different to coriander, thyme different to both and rosemary is quite the thing and flat leaf parsley is lovely but if you use sage instead you will duck up your dinner. No they are clearly not interchangeable. In what world are they interchangeable?

• Haha
Reactions: 39

arborio rice IS expensive. but you know what isn't, and is much more economical? buying a bag of short-grain or sushi rice at an Asian market. the sort of tip you'd think a "budget cook" would want to pass on, rather than just saying "eh, all rice is the same".
She never recommends things like markets because not everyone has access to them or something. Same for Lidl and Aldi, despite the fact many poorer towns tend to have a branch that’s close to the centre. Personally I think she’s just too lazy to go anywhere except Asda unless she’s driven in a big car.

Reactions: 33
At a push you can absolutely use short grain rice instead of risotto rice, or vice versa, I make rice pudding with risotto rice all the time. BUt long grain? What? It'll be basmati next. Its the herbs for me. No, basil will taste different to coriander, thyme different to both and rosemary is quite the thing and flat leaf parsley is lovely but if you use sage instead you will duck up your dinner. No they are clearly not interchangeable. In what world are they interchangeable?
Oh she knows/cares nothing about food, and the fact she's written cookbooks and is known as any sort of a cook is infuriating.

(I've always just used short-grain rice for risottos and puddings, because I cook more Korean and Chinese food than Italian and tend to have it in the pantry, and don't feel like spending several dollars on a separate kind - sorry to any Italians reading 😓)

Reactions: 20
Just having a ponder on how badly she played it from the start-instead of focusing on ‘austerity chic’ as a middle class person she jumped on her misinterpretation of ‘being a poor’. She left out all the aspiration and self assurance of the working class-we don’t share the middle class anxieties about having/doing the ‘right’ things/signalling via brand choices etc. She should’ve stayed in her lane and focused on what she really likes-clothes and ‘things’.
Grayson Perry did an excellent 3 parter on C4 years ago exploring class-really really great as is Grayson ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 46
She never recommends things like markets because not everyone has access to them or something. Same for Lidl and Aldi, despite the fact many poorer towns tend to have a branch that’s close to the centre. Personally I think she’s just too lazy to go anywhere except Asda unless she’s driven in a big car.
She did in that Samsung ad from years ago, she went to a greengrocers stall and sniffed things.

Hope they made her purchase all the fruits she molested with her grubby hands.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Like I said … (sorry they’re out of order, my phone is a twit)

Again, nobody is trying do you in, Jack. If someone with real skill has taken it upon themselves to do this, was successful, you will find what they want you to find.

And what they found will be made public. She wouldn’t be the first grifter/internet bully/liar this has happened to.
F0E35386-5DB3-4862-8AA8-D12AA7214F10.jpeg
827F3765-A2CB-4E1B-8267-6C760D39CB3D.png
D0055D96-7C61-42D4-BD50-D42899849070.png

• Haha
Reactions: 36
We have a few easter european shops and an asian supermarket within walking distance they really cheap. You'd think she would do more to promote them.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.