Jack Monroe #401 Is there a ‘blocked by DIVA magazine’ club?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just had a proper good look at the promised patreon rewards & they are mind boggling. The top level states:

"You will receive a signed, framed print of one of my food photographs in the first month, and then a mounted one every month thereafter, and all of the previous rewards as well. Whew!"

Am I reading right that if you signed up at £44 per month you were expecting (choosing) to receive the following over the course of 1 year:
A framed art print
11 more mounted art prints

Plus all the other reward level goods? Which are:

10 art postcards EVERY month
6 art postcards EVERY month
Unspecified number of Thrifty Shades recipe cards - monthly?
3 more fecking art postcards per month.

I make that about 250+ items a year. Please tell me this is wrong.

This is a lot of jack themed crap even for a super fan. Maybe that's why folks didn't complain about not actually receiving them?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 82
Does she think that by making the store private the questions will go away? If anything it will lead to more questions.

• Sad
Reactions: 50
[QUOTE
This is a lovely idea but I’ll never give the Trussell Trust another penny of my hard earned money.
[/QUOTE]
Me neither, they have tens of millions of pounds in funds. Better donate to a small local group.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
I've just had a proper good look at the promised patreon rewards & they are mind boggling. The top level states:

"You will receive a signed, framed print of one of my food photographs in the first month, and then a mounted one every month thereafter, and all of the previous rewards as well. Whew!"

Am I reading right that if you signed up at £44 per month you were expecting (choosing) to receive the following over the course of 1 year:
A framed art print

This is a lot of jack themed crap even for a super fan. Maybe that's why folks didn't complain about not actually receiving them?
You can tell she put exactly no thought into how much she was promising.

I used to support a youtuber on Patreon, but the way his was set up there was only one tier - $5 - and you were only charged if he actually put out bonus content that month. There were months where he was very honest that testing and writing up a new recipe just wasn't going to happen on top of everything else, and that was fine, because he didn't take any money. Patreon really should encourage that as a model, imo, instead of just doing automatic withdrawals every month no matter what you actually get.

Reactions: 55

A framed art print

Yes, she's misunderstood how the internet works again and set it up like a kickstarter. Just about everything is better as a one-off reward, excepting the store discount. Assuming a fully-functioning store, that is.

Reactions: 27

A framed art print

So, for £528 a year you'd get
228 postcards (minimum)
11 art prints
1 framed art prints

I reckon costswith postage would probably be more than £528 - how was she hoping to provide the goods *and* maintain a stable income? It's lunacy- smacks of an idea thought up in the ❄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Removing the Teemill store, draws a line under it and gets rid of questions about why it's still there and how much it's making. That doesn't answer those questions from February until today. As we know Jack is very, very stupid and not half as cunning as she thinks she is, she probably thinks the matter is closed. It isn't, she still needs to account for the post TT funds and explain the highly misleading information on the emergency food merch.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
[QUOTE
This is a lovely idea but I’ll never give the Trussell Trust another penny of my hard earned money.
Me neither, they have tens of millions of pounds in funds. Better donate to a small local group.
[/QUOTE]
Agree. To me, TT has a whiff of the Workhouse to it.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
potentially her removing the teemill store means she potentially is online which potentially means she is accessing her blog which i am assuming means we finally get the chocolate pancake recipe today :)

• Haha
Reactions: 69
Please tell me this is wrong.
I would love to, but I can't. If you were top tier, you really were promised all that.

I support one patreon. She has two reward levels, £2.50 and £4. Everyone gets the same thing, it's all digital, and she is open about the fact that the top level support is just so you can support her more. She also publishes her income and what her goal is, and if she reaches her goal what she will do with that money.

I also subscribe to a substack and again, the creator is open about what you get, there's a free level and a paid level and the paid level does get more in that case.

Jack, once again, went off half-cocked without thinking through the realities. She should have had much fewer levels at much lower prices, 95% of her rewards should have been digital (emailed recipes, high-quality pictures suitable for printing yourself, blog posts), with maybe two physical rewards a year (Christmas and birthday cards, again with artwork she did herself?) but no, she massively over-promised and (I think) was (a) dazzled by the income coming in (b) completely overwhelmed by the work involved for all the pledges she made available.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Even if the teemill is gone, even if she deletes her twitter, even if she closes her Patreon, there’s no way she can or would account for the months of nothingness - Feb-present in teemill, the missing tax, the dodged furlough repayments, the missing patreon rewards, the hundreds of pounds of ‘legal donations’ to her PayPal, the missing books sold at RRP to her PayPal with no evidence they were donated, the missing kickstarter books. The reams of lies and unfulfilled promises.

She can’t just delete it all and start again no matter how much she might want to. She’s a perpetual victim, likely scheming how she can blame the bullies, stalkers and trolls for all of this.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Damn damn damn damn damn, I look away from Twitter and tattle for a few hours and Look what I miss..

Susie dent..
Teemill..

Buggering Jackalopes something's goin' dahn, and it ain't Burger Boy.

Teemill feels like the first step. That was one of the main questions, where is the Teemill cash? But remember, removing the store doesn't actually answer anything Jack, just makes you look even more suspect.

I wonder if someone over the last 48 hours has had a few words in her shell like? The DIVA Pushback won't have helped at all. Her name is Mud Monroe on Twitter right now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
At least now we know what she's up to. Furiously reading here and hiding stuff. Pause and refund the Patreon next, Jack.

ETA Patreon archived here
The suite of relevant pages plus archives

Patreon

Teemill

Gofundme

Kickstarter

Bio page
Campaign page
Updates page
Comments page
Community page

Paypal

Bookshop.org

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 106
So, for £528 a year you'd get
228 postcards (minimum)
11 art prints
1 framed art prints

I reckon costswith postage would probably be more than £528 - how was she hoping to provide the goods *and* maintain a stable income? It's lunacy- smacks of an idea thought up in the ❄
but she is not known as an artist, or a postcard maker - she’s “famous” for being a poor person/cook.
So why are the rewards not linked to her abilities or reason for fame?
“Because Jack” is probably the answer but really she set herself up to fail because she would have to produce extra stuff every single month!

• Heart
Reactions: 38

A framed art print

I can’t remember who it was, but I’m sure some clever Frau worked it out that for Jack to catch up with all she owes her Patreons like she said she would, she’d have to post out 80,000 postcards or some such number 🤪

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I think this is shaping up very well towards a youtube video. There’s loads of them out there ‘the downfall of’ or ‘whatever happened to’ and usually it’s a creator who got greedy and started to lie / cheat their way to easy money.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.