Jack Monroe #401 Is there a ‘blocked by DIVA magazine’ club?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is so weird for us newer Fraus. I think, maybe, for the first time in weeks, I'm... Bored...?

Thank you to the Fraus who directed to Jess Taylor threads (at the start of this thread). I've read the Wiki and my mind is blown once again and I feel a fool again. But at least I've got my Jack experience to know I will get over it!

Is this a matter for the ASA?
Oooh! Good point!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Oh my god that's hilarious - (sssh I am grunking at work, and spying using another twitter account cos mine's blocked 🍾 🦉 🦉🍾
Ratner.png
)

• Haha
Reactions: 67
I think it’s almost certainly a scandal, and was done to avoid a) scrutiny into how much she earned in lockdown, b) paying back furlough money for the assistant who could easily have worked and c) paying all of the tax that was owed. I think she got a whacking great tax bill hence the recent uptick in outright begging. It’s annoying because we’ll never really know, but it doesn’t look like the actions of a person whose grift includes ranting about MPs avoiding tax.
The furlough conditions were very clear you could only apply if accounts submitted for previous year and they even extended the deadline to allow people who hadn’t to submit late. Regardless of whether assistant could work that company wasn’t legally eligible so if it got money it would be dodgy.

Reactions: 36
How many times are they going to do this before they realise they just can't give them away?
Probably better off pulping them and selling as kitty litter.
I used to work in returns at Random House and that's what happened to badly written damaged books. In a big skip and pulped for kitty litter and insulation.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Once you block someone that's it - they're gone and no longer follow you, even if you then unblock.
This is a "soft block", big on twitter for people who are extremely online (I say this as someone who was extremely online as a teen). Search soft block and you'll see what I mean lol

Reactions: 16
View attachment 1594524

View attachment 1594535

We have angered this Southend Squig. It's a real account- they have pictures of themselves on tweets and are well established. They are a rampant monarchist and Jack stan though. I wonder if he's a friend of the family.
Southend squig looks older than Methuselah, I wouldn't be quaking in my boots/shoes at the thought of him 'coming for me'.

Did he really think that a shitshow like GBNews was going to be a reliable news source? They employed Nigel Farage FFS.

1663770887702.png

I'm impressed by Jack keeping off (her own) Twitter (account) for over 24 hours. Perhaps SB sneakily changed the password so he can spend quality time with his mother.

• Haha
  • Sad
Who and how have they silenced her?

BH weekend suggests family but she doesn’t even respect keeping dog off the sofa. What could big Dave threaten to do - not buy/provide a flat?

The agent/publisher? Have they finally had enough? No more agent if doesn’t behave? They can’t be arsed to update her client page since 2014

SB and SB dad? Behave or we go for full custody and formalise you are being a rubbish parent if you don’t get your act together? Social services, maybe SBs teachers raising safeguarding issues , you would if a pupil’s home life was this dubious.

Who has a severe enough punishment to threaten her with that has made her behave?
I don’t think that there has or will ever be any sort of intervention from any of those people! Not all families follow each other on social media and we have no idea how she really treats her family. She’s also an adult and her parents aren’t strictly responsible for her.
The only one that I could believe would be her publisher or manager because they could possibly lose money if the book flops or Jack loses out on work. The fact that she has managed to fool three therapists who don’t seem to have spotted that she displays narcissistic behaviours doesn’t give me much hope!
To me, this is the silent treatment and I expect her to be back with some sort of narrative.

Reactions: 31
The furlough conditions were very clear you could only apply if accounts submitted for previous year and they even extended the deadline to allow people who hadn’t to submit late. Regardless of whether assistant could work that company wasn’t legally eligible so if it got money it would be dodgy.
But she claimed furlough? Her company was on the spreadsheet on the .gov website. How is that possible if she was behind on her taxes?

• Wow
But she claimed furlough? Her company was on the spreadsheet on the .gov website. How is that possible if she was behind on her taxes?
I think it was the taxes for the year up to covid had been done, it was the ones after that never appeared? Maybe...dunno. It was dodgy anyway as she bought laptops for her 'team' but also claimed furlough? Which one was it? She was clearly getting work...

• Wow
Reactions: 30
This is a "soft block", big on twitter for people who are extremely online (I say this as someone who was extremely online as a teen). Search soft block and you'll see what I mean lol
Yep. I soft blocked everyone on an old, small, locked, unused twitter because I wanted to zero everything rather than delete the account but was auto suspended for doing it lol.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Not before time with Teemill eh Jack? The action of a guilty person.

The last two years running, we would all donate to TT after the Sloppies. Never again for me personally after their association with Jack and they knew she was murky. I will stick to my local pantry which has had a greater impact in my area, incidentally not served by the TT either.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.