Jack Monroe #401 Is there a ‘blocked by DIVA magazine’ club?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I tell people this all the time, but they still see it as posh lol. Waitrose do good offers too.

Also my local M&S is much easier to get to than my local Aldi, access to shops is a bit thing too, I raised this when M&S took the school vouchers - they might well be the cheapest bus route or use the least petrol to get to.

I don’t recall Jack talking about anything like this? I live in a village with a poor bus service, access to decent food shops really can be a problem.
Yeah I live in the back of beyond. The nearest shop is 20mins drive away. If you run out of milk you have to weigh up whether you can be arsed to get some because it's a 45min round trip
Petrol prices doubling means the cost of doing a food shop is a lot more, but no one ever mentions this! ( There is one bus a week!)

Also, the nearest waitrose to me is so shiny and silent that I have terrible urges to sweep jars of pesto off the shelves to a smashy heap on the floor. Weird because we have a posho Booths supermarket here (which makes waitrose look like farmfoods) and I never get the urge in there, only in waitrose :unsure:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Also my local M&S is much easier to get to than my local Aldi, access to shops is a bit thing too, I raised this when M&S took the school vouchers - they might well be the cheapest bus route or use the least petrol to get to.
My local M&S has good bike parking right by the door and is less than two miles from my home. 🔺

To get to my local Aldi requires cycling on a road colloquially known as "the meatgrinder" and the bike parking is a row of those terrible stands which bend your front wheel, tucked away by the bins.

Guess which one gets my custom?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
it's wednesday once more and yet again, big green books are trying to offload her books onto the unsuspecting public

20220921_134546.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 65
That’s a nice thought, and I’d hope that’s what’s happening for Jack’s sake, but given that her only visible action yesterday was to delete 36 tweets to further control the narrative and make herself look harassed, desperate for the “trolling” to stop and extremely vulnerable then I’m dubious that’s what’s actually happening.
Update: 39 posts deleted yesterday.

Yeah I live in the back of beyond. The nearest shop is 20mins drive away. If you run out of milk you have to weigh up whether you can be arsed to get some because it's a 45min round trip
Petrol prices doubling means the cost of doing a food shop is a lot more, but no one ever mentions this! ( There is one bus a week!)

Also, the nearest waitrose to me is so shiny and silent that I have terrible urges to sweep jars of pesto off the shelves to a smashy heap on the floor. Weird because we have a posho Booths supermarket here (which makes waitrose look like farmfoods) and I never get the urge in there, only in waitrose :unsure:
🔺 Booths are a horrific company, smash that pesto.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
Hopefully she's making good use of her twitter break doing something like, I dunno, sending out two years worth of Patreon postcards.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
View attachment 1594524

View attachment 1594535

We have angered this Southend Squig. It's a real account- they have pictures of themselves on tweets and are well established. They are a rampant monarchist and Jack stan though. I wonder if he's a friend of the family.
I'm sorry to be crude but ' we are coming for you' !?!?
Is that after you've wanked yourself silly? 🤢 I didn't know us 'troll's were so attractive. He must be a polygamist or has commitment issues.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
May I suggest an animal charity version?

I help paws indirectly*

*by buying designer dogs whilst suggesting YOU should adopt not shop.
I've boiled it down (like thos beans)
designer.png

She really is absolutely off her sh1thouse onion.
onion.png

Interesting to note, both of the above links are the first archive captures I've done. However I note on Wayback there have been 7 previous screencaptures of the store and two previous on Archive.ph. Looks like someone else is watching.
🕵️‍♂️

ETA this is more esoteric, if you know you know
onion2.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
I'm not saying Jack's followers shouldn't think for themselves but she does play the big 'I am' on Twitter with her invisible Vacuous Bimbo Index. It's hardly surprising some people might think she has influence.

Having said that I'm still going to laugh when I see sqigs asking for help at the shops. 😂
'Hi Jack, hope you don't mind me DMing you, but could you contact Asda in Anytown and ask if I left my brolly at checkout number 4 last night please? It's a red stripey one with I ❤ Jack Monroe written in between all the stripes with felt tip. Thanks awfully. Oops, sorry Jack, hope that didn't spark off your PTSD, I should've just said thankyou'.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Interesting to note, both of the above links are the first archive captures I've done. However I note on Wayback there have been 7 previous screencaptures of the store and two previous on Archive.ph. Looks like someone else is watching.
The archive.ph ones were me. Think I did some wayback ones at the same time but someone had definitely beat me to it.

Reactions: 16
I missed thread 4️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ in real time but reaching this milestone has made me very reflective. I have been enjoying looking back and remembering some of the extras in this crazy horror movie that is The Life of Jack:

Leftover chips person
Brenda of Brenda’s Bangers fame
The taxi driver
The lady Doctor
Eamonn Holmes
The Pringle-loving plane passengers
Chris Evans (not ginger)

Good times

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Since lockdowns and housebound collided I’ve linked up with a neighbour on shopping deliveries. We usually have Tesco as a main shop, but every month or two one of us will do Iceland or Ocado. We’ve both ditched Asda as they were becoming a joke.
I still need to get an odd overpriced co-op top up on deliveroo. But yeah, who sticks to just one supermarket for everything, all the time unless they have no choice?

• Heart
Reactions: 50

This is something that so ignored and really could do with a focused campaign eg funding for better bus services, or subsidising a "milk round" for daily eggs/bread etc, or a supermarket that can afford the hit (yes they can) to do deliveries even if only once or twice a week. Because the majority (like myself) live in areas where they can easily walk to a big4 supermarket, or get ocado or amazon-morrisons deliveries next day and free, they don't experience the shop-desert and it's so easy for people to bang on about 26p beans and "what's the problem". When actually, having £20 for the food shop means having £11 for food.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Hello, I've been lurking for a few weeks, trying to keep up with the madness of the last few days, and now Jack has gone quiet and allowed me to BREATHE for five minutes I thought I'd finally post something.

I tried making a couple of Jack's recipes I randomly found online over the years but they were all disgusting and I had to throw them away. I assumed at the time that I must have just done something wrong. I tried the lettuce pesto thing (🤢🤮) and some sort of bread made with beer (🧱)

The unscrewing lightbulbs thing is so stupid. Solar lights don't provide much light, but let's assume she could get by with a straight swap, unscrew one bulb, and replace it with a solar lantern:

Check-a-Trade say it would cost £1.86 to run a single LED bulb for a year (10 hours per day) at 2022 electricity prices.
IMG_20220921_135646.jpg

Solar lantern costs are variable, I chose a mid-range one from Wilko, since we know she shops there and they are at the cheaper end:
IMG_20220921_131400.jpg

At £9.25 you'd need to use it (for 10 hours per day, every day) instead of the regular lightbulb for 5 years before you break even and start to save money.

Yes, you can get cheaper solar lights, but they give out very little light and you'd need more than one of them to replace a single regular bulb.

This is before you start to think about how these solar lights are going to charge each day.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

The same as a few of you, I grew up working class, was the first of my family to go to university, got a half decent job and now I'd consider myself middle class.

We were poor growing up but we always had food (and lightbulbs) and I was very aware that there were much poorer families than us.

I stumbled across Jack on SM now and again and she seemed a bit of a drama queen but I thought she was doing good things. When I read HH2 it actually quite upset me because I have some mental and physical health issues as a result of growing up in rubbish circumstances. I'd thought that my move to sedate middle-class-dom would mean I could leave that behind and grow old without all the horrible health issues of my parents, but here was Jack saying that it never goes away, it never gets better.

Then I think she popped into my Twitter timeline more often and things didn't add up and then I read Molly's blog and saw some link to here and have been reading with fascination ever since. I'm actually so relieved HH2 was complete BS! But also mad because she is causing real harm with her careless words.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 99
The account that did the big QT of Jack's Prince Harry thirst post calling her a melt. Suspended for hateful content 🤔 flying monkey mass reporting?

Screenshot_20220921-141227.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 70
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.